• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

LAGERTHA; no matter what they say, I am still the king

no matter what they say, I am still the king

It is not hard to know what’s going on in Beqanna. The lands were pulsing with anticipation – the tension flowed through the air like a river cutting rock. There was no secret that new things were on the horizon – big things. Changes that would rock the earth beneath them. Eight, ever so lucky, had the power of magic. He could feel the tectonics shifting below them, he could taste the skies clouding over, there was almost nothing that could be hidden from his grasp.
    So when you, dear Lagertha, stepped on the Tundra soil and snatched up Nihlus – there was no surprise for him. A small twinge in his brain, and the image of Nihlus appeared – chivalrous and blasé as only a growing young man could be. And you, by his side, scuffling him off into the night, away from the home he had chosen and the men he stepped in beside as brethren.
    Now, Eight has never been a very fatherly figure (Nihlus could certainly vouch for that) – but all men have duties. And I suppose one of his was to watch over what new spawn he had. Who takes a child from their chosen home? And for what reason? None the less, the child of a magician, and from the juvenile Mountain king. And so he went, traveled to the Amazons to hunt you down.
    He does not intrude over the border. No- Scorch and he had not made a treaty yet, and he would not step on any toes just yet. In fact the queen had right up and left, with not an answer to Eight’s question or a conclusion to the diplomatic trip. So instead, Eight stood at the edge and sent a call into your mind. Lagertha, it’d do best for us to talk. He shields himself, making him and his thoughts invisible to any other besides the warrior woman he sought.

and now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in

this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Oh for fuck’s sake, now what?

She’s just finished dealing with the oh-so-stoic and manly magician from the Tundra, and now someone else finds it fitting to talk to her mind and practically summon her in her own kingdom. Her ears fly back to pin against her skull as she rears a little bit and snorts in agitation. She doesn’t know the voice. She hasn’t the faintest clue as to what the speaker may want, except that is must be a stallion because it sounds masculine.

Great, so that eliminated only half of Beqanna.

She assumes that this mind-speaking thing goes both ways, so with a barely contained ire, she growls back, Who are you, and what the hell do you want? I’m a little busy at the moment. She really needs to get back to Scorch before Mountain runs his mouth off. Not because she felt she owed Scorch an explanation, but because she kind of wanted to see the shit show that was sure to develop.

With all the recent events, she’s forgotten about asking Lokii to pass on a message to Eight. Because she certainly hadn’t stolen anyone’s son away from a kingdom. So there was no need for him to get his panties in a twist about that.

She’s stolen - no, kidnapped - a King.
    That is something to be congratulated.

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

[if you want, he can tell her to meet him somewhere else ^_^]