• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

darkness is coming to swallow the light; fennick
    you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    It has been a long time since the jaguar stallion had come across the black stallion he had allowed to take his place. He had believed so deeply in Fennick despite his curious nature and lack of social skills. You could almost say he had looked at the black stallion as his own son. It had been a long time since Demian had a one on one meeting with the younger one and so now he sought him out, his hooves carrying him silently through and around the Valley's tall pines.

"Fennick?" His voice is deep and quiet as it carries out across the empty space around him. It takes him a while but the now blind man finds himself standing in the center of the Valley atop the mound of earth that the once magical tree once stood growing. Slowly he allows himself to relax slightly as he waits, knowing that if Fennick was still here that the boy would find him.

The silence in the surrounding forest is  almost deafening, causing any sound from moving bodies to be made louder than usual. And it is because of this that he hears the soft padding of paws as creature slowly steps from the tree line and into the clearing. He listens as it comes to a stop, the creature spending a few minutes studying him before slowly moving forward. He is automatically tense when he realizes whatever it was is close enough to feel it's hot breath against his leg.

And then the creatures nose is pressed against his leg, but only for a few moments. And then it is rubbing its long snout against his leg, almost in a loving caress before rubbing his body slowly against Demian's leg. The soft pant of the creature finally makes the jaguar stallion realize that one of the Valley's wolves has found him and with a soft sigh of relief the tension leaves him and he relaxes once more.

"Good way to scare a guy, don't you think?" His words are full of nervous amusement as he tilts his head towards the wolf as though he's looking at him despite his lack of eyes. "Got any idea where I can find Fennick?" The wolf pants, staring up at Demian before plopping his hind legs down and sitting beside the graying stallion and allowing the orange glow from the jaguar spots to illuminate his black coat. "Then again I don't know why I'm asking you. I don't speak wolf and you don't speak horse." Chuckling softly he shuffles his wings gently against his sides.

Slowly he straightens, stretching himself slightly before turning his head to try and pick up any sounds of approaching hooves. He misses his old friend. And he is nervous. Nervous to see him despite his need to. The last time he had seen the boy was when Hestia had died. And despite his wish to be able to help, he knew that he could do nothing as only their son had seen what had happened and who had done it.

It was for this reason Demian was nervous. Nervous about just how Fennick may react to seeing him, knowing that he had been there when Hestia had passed and him not being able to do a thing about it.

demian

carnage x adalind