• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beware of her thundering hooves

@[demian]
    The large girl traveled alongside the winged stallion, her hooves crushing the ground underneath her weight. It was peaceful for the two, Demian's description of the kingdom and such made her eager to see the beautiful land. He spoke about the kingdom, being a old king once. That intrigued the draft, she was in the presence of royalty then? 

Another question was if she would support him. Would she even if they were barely acquaintances? Demain seemed to be a nice stallion, he was already offering her a spot in the kingdom. He didn't look like one to hold onto wickedness or cruelty. No, the leopard-spotted stallion looked gentle and understanding. A gentle smile painted onto her lips, she nodded her head to Demian. "I would support you, friend." She spoke softly, the soft breezes blowing through her black mane.

She soon realized they had reached a border, she turned her head towards the stallion. "Is this the border Demian?" She asked, her head tilted in the slightest manner.

Hugo Gentle Allaway
    In A Gentle Way, You Can Shake The World - Ghandi
    The Gentle Giant
    This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

Back when he had first ruled the Valley Demian hadn't been one to bring up the fact he was king. He had hated the way he had come to learn when he was younger that if strangers knew you held a higher position in life that you suddenly became a target in order to try and get what they wanted. But over time he had come to realize that it was better to announce your position and to be smart in making sure you surrounded yourself with appropriate company.

It wasn't often he outright asked for someone's support. So the nerves of asking had taken hold before she spoke of supporting him. With a flash of surprise crossing across his features, he finds himself smiling soon after and nodding slightly. "Oh! Well thank you, Hugo! I appreciate that very much." Friend. The word was almost foreign to him. He hadn't often heard that pass through someone's lips.

Yet he liked how it sounded. He had always hoped that even with the responsibility of rulership that he'd be able to make true friends. Rhonan and Tarnished had been his closest, but he had always wished he had a few more. But that is always typical. Not just of him, but of everyone and somehow he knew that when Hugo called him her friend that she was genuine. "This is indeed the border." He smiles softly.

"Why don't I take you inside." With a larger smile he tilts his head towards the main path and steps towards it allowing himself to move into a brisk walk. He keeps his pace, allowing her to catch up with him as they walk inbetween the tall pines and sighs as he takes in their fresh scent. "The Valley is home to some pretty interesting personalities. So if you come across any strange looking characters, don't be afraid. They are members of the kingdom most likely."

He chuckles softly at this. He loved how the valley was filling with such interesting horses and different personalities. Hugo would fit in just fine. As everyone was so different that it almost made them fit like a perfect puzzle. "To speak about the kingdom, we have two castes. Peace and War." He pauses a moment. "War caste focuses on training in battle, they go to war when they happen. They are our protectors, our fighters, our stealth."

"And then we have our Peace caste. They travel to kingdoms, help solidify alliances, they also do steals, hold kingdom meetings... You don't have to join either one, but if you're interested in one or the other I could introduce you to either Cress or Flamevein depending on the caste you'd like." He stops then, letting her take it all in and also having reached the center of the valley. The clearing was full of rolling emerald grass and to the south the lake bordered elegantly with sapphire tinted waters. This was his favorite place. and it was no surprise he always brought everyone here first.

demian

@[Hugo] I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER! please forgive me Sad

Demian looked happy by the girl's promise of support and he smiled towards her. The draft was happy that he was happy, he seemed level-headed enough to be a good ruler and if need be she would stand for him (even though they were still new to each other). Her question about the border was answered, it was the border indeed. Demian offered to take her inside, she nodded her head with a smile. The Valley looked nice to her large brown eyes, and the fact that there were more different personalities excited the girl. "That sounds like fun, to meet different horses and such!" She exclaimed happily, popping her head up with a ever-growing smile.

So, the two continued to walk, the stallion spoke about the kingdom in more depth. There were castes, one for peace while one for war. Surely she would join one (once she met everyone). Hugo was never one to fight, with her large size it was hard to move her legs so quickly. However, her bluffs of her sheer size could win her battles. Steals on the peace side though were going to be trouble. She couldn't hide herself or get away quick enough without some sort of magic gifted to her.

"I'm sure I would lean towards the peace side, fighting has never been a favorite of mine. Although I was told my huge size would help, I never had a will strong enough to want to hurt someone." Hearing that from a horse her size would be hard to understand for any common horse. If she was large and built with brawn, then she could fight. Well, hopefully Demian understood what she was getting at.

Hugo Gentle Allaway
    In A Gentle Way, You Can Shake The World - Ghandi

@[demian] No worries!
    The Gentle Giant

With a past so dark, that Satan'd jump out of his seat.
    But still you out in these streets, thinking you hot as can be.
    Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep.
    Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean

It was almost refreshing to be around a personality that was so excitable and happy. In dark times it almost made him see the large mare as a bright light against the dark backdrop of war.

it was unusual how the valley was now full of such interesting personalities and faces as the valley king had been doing his best to fill it with the unusual, the misfits and the different. You could almost say he was collecting them. Making his own personal little world within the Valley where those who didn't fit in the puzzle of the full world could go and find their own home and purpose without judgement.

Or you could say he was simply a hoarder of the different. He liked the way the god's made such unusual equinesand he strove to surround himself with the differences. It was almost as though their differences brought the jaguar spotted stallion comfort in his own suit of existence that was so intricately painted with unique differences. "I do hope you like everyone once you've had a chance to meet them, they are all quite interesting." The Valley King grows quiet then, walking slowly next t the mare, listening to her footsteps and then her next words and letting a smile tilt at the corners of his graying lips.

"With your kind and peaceful nature Hugo, I think you'd be a wonderful addition to our peace caste. Sometimes our size isn't just meant for fighting. Sometimes it's meant for greater things." He stops then, head tilting as though he were looking up at the clydesdale mare. "You and I are similar in that aspect, Hugo. I too had never had a strong will or been of much mind to intentionally harm someone else." As time passed on Demian was beginning to prove more and more how different of a king he was to the Valley than those of the past. And it was almost humorous.

It is then he hears movement up ahead and his head snaps towards the noise, ears pricking slightly as he studies the sound. He easily picks out the unusual shuffling the six legs make against the ground and with a smile, Demian coughs slightly before letting his voice ring out towards Elysium. "Elysium! I have brought someone new! Come say hello!"

demian.

@[Hugo]
    @[Elysium]

:| i'm back 100% so replies will be much faster now <3

watch your tongue or have it cut from your head,
    save your life by keeping whispers unsaid.

And much like the quiet, graceful insect he so deeply resembled, Elysium emerged from the thicket with his compound eyes glittering in the faint sunlight. He attempted to focus on the two figures standing before him; he knew one to be his King simply by his scent and voice alone. He had grown used to Demian's soft but still firm tone, which always seemed to be laced with amusement. Though he knew Demian to be serious when the occasion called for it, there always seemed to be a mirthful trill to the way he formed and patterned his sentences. He himself had been just as easily recognized - his four forelegs and two hindlegs created a rhythmic beat that was unlike the heavy footfalls of any other that may be found hidden away in the forest; it was a unique sound and one that made his presence a recognizable one to the once blind King.

His form moves forward towards the two with an eerie grace, his limbs cycling smoothly as he steps closer. While his physique is still very much equine, his unusual dark eyes, wavering antennae and broad, albeit fragile wings mark him as strange indeed. A faint simper pulled at the corners of his mouth as he lowered his long, sinewy neck, giving a nod of acknowledgement to his leopard-spotted counterpart and his newfound companion. He searched her for long moment. His vision is unlike others' - he can see exceptionally well, but it takes time to piece together and comprehend what it is seeing, as he sees in such vivid detail that it is difficult at times to hone in on which detail is most important.

He traces the thick lines of her curvaceous body with his gaze, observing the way her muscle ripples gently beneath her burnt sienna pelt. He is not intimidated, but he admires her evident strength. He holds herself well, something of which is desperately needed in such tumultuous times. The faint smile pulls further at his lips, becoming a full-fledged smirk. 

"You always seem to know when I am close by, Demian," He says softly with a low chuckle. His attention now turns to the seemingly amicable female at his side, curious as to how she will process the sight of him. Demian is unusual, yes, but Elysium is something altogether different.

"A pleasure. Hugo, is it? I have excellent hearing. As I have already received an informal introduction, welcome to the Valley. I belong to the peace caste myself, and we could certainly use the aid in diplomacy."

elysium

no mercy from the edge of the blade,
    dare escape and learn the price to be paid.

Demian was pleased with Hugo's answer, connecting himself with her personality of not wishing to harm others. She almost sighed in relief, glad that he didn't laugh at her. The draft's ears flickered as Demian spoke, seeing that she would be a fine addition to the peace caste of the Valley. Her smile was soft and gentle, however it reuturned to a flat line of surprise when Demian called out to someone.

Supposedly his or her name was Elysium, what a strange name to the scottish girl! However, as the horse approach, he looked as if he was from another planet. Four, no- six legs! He held no ears atop his head, his eyes were quite large and he had a pair of wings like Demian! Instead of feathers though, they were scaly and flaky. Horses were quite strange in this land...

She had to prevent her jaw from dropping, she could only give him a nervous smile. He reminded her of an insect, though she couldn't quite name it. He spoke towards her, stating her name in a question of he was right, then explaining his excellent hearing. Hugo had to think for a second, how could he hear if he held no ears? Well, she wouldn't ask something like that, it would just come off as rude.

"Pleasure to meet you" she spoke to him, her black forelock blocking her brown eyes with the split tips. "If you do need aids, I am willing to help" Hugo stated happily, knowing she would have the ability to avoid any war or fights. After the incident at home, she could never forgive herself for striking a hoof at someone else.

Hugo Gentle Allaway
    Give Me Your Pain And I Will Carry It Upon My Shoulders
    The Gentle Giant