• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Don't Suffer From Insanity...
    love is a temporary madness...
    To the red mare, the magician is a curiosity, more so than their pale companion. Granted, Elysteria cannot hear the younger mare’s inner dialogue, or she might have been fascinated. All she knows of the girl is what she shows to the world. And though it is clear to the bay mare that Girr carries secrets, she has no way of divining them (other than the standard option of simply asking of course). But of the magician she cannot help but wonder. Oh, she had crossed the paths of magicians before. Her own father is one, though she has never had the opportunity to meet him. Regardless, she knows that he is the reason she was born with the gift of flight. And for that, and many more reasons, she wonders (though she is far too polite to ever express such inexplicable curiosity).

For now, however, their conversation (and the race) occupy her mind. When Camrynn expounds on the beauty of the Deserts, a chiming delighted laugh escapes her dark muzzle. With a grin curving her lips and a teasing glint in her eye, Elysteria responds to her comment with light humor.

“Surely we must all be biased, for I am fairly certain that the Dale is the most beautiful of lands.”

With a sparkle gleaming in her russet gaze, she turns her smiling face to Girr.

“If you’d like to compare them yourself, you are more than welcome to visit the Dale as well. My daughter would be delighted to meet you. As would all the residents, I am sure.”

Turning her attention back to the event at hand, she shifts once again to the starting line. Glancing at Girr, her gaze bright with joy and mischief, she whispers softly to her as Camrynn shouts out the start of the race.

“Good luck.”

Leaning back on her haunches, she is prepared when the ‘Go’ bursts from Camrynn’s lips. In a bound, she leaps from the starting line, laughter spilling from lips as she does. She glances at the mare to see how she fares, all the while grinning brightly. Restraining her gift, she gives Girr as fair of a chance as she possibly can. Because in the end, she does not care one whit whether she wins or loses.
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane