• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We'll be a perfect family.
    throw me to the wolves

Hey girl, open your walls,
    Play with your dolls.
    We’ll be a perfect family.

The sun had risen so beautifully that day. I felt the warm tingling sensation of heat marinating my back. There was nothing different about that day, about how the clouds set or the trees woke. There was no difference in humidity or any extremities in the temperature; but I knew there was something I had to do.

I had stalked her, perhaps a little too diligently. My focus on the Jungle had wavered and my mind was dead set on her all too familiar grey carcass. She had the same intense blue eyes and an overwhelmingly dark charcoal frame. Her body was so dainty, so incredibly petite it made me aggravated I wasn’t a little more like her.

I was given the broadness of my father.

She, is my mother. Her soft blue eyes that seem to put an eerie cool on the surroundings, and her elegance that makes my throat feel dry and heart begin to sink. Smolder, so close to my own name yet so unfairly far from it. I would always see her in this way; almost alike, but yet just not good enough.

Are you hungry, dear Turkish?

I might be.

Care for a snack, Turkish?

If you are offering.

You don’t hear me when I say,
    Mom,
    Please wake up, dads with a slut.
    And your son is smoking cannabis

I had envisioned this for so long; this moment right here. The moment where the haunting stopped, where I put an end to her taunting voice and shameful presence. The day where I could finally silence the haunted house, put the nightmare to death.

It had attacked me so viciously for so long, and here it was wavering on a fishing line waiting to be cut.

I didn’t stop at her, no, she led me to a whole other generation I never thought to see.

Unlike my mother, this mare had intoxicating brown eyes and a thick scar running along her lower belly line. She was a paled grey, once mesmerizing and now flea bit. Grandma was what I should call her.

The devil, more or less.

She was the reason for my mother, and my mother’s negligence was the reason for me.

Satan.

Or is that me?

Don’t let them see what goes down in the kitchen..

So this brings me to today. And today, the sun doesn’t rise, it sets. It sets with a disgusting amount of reds and oranges, thickly painted with heavy strokes. There isn’t a cloud, only the soft haze of a forming moon beginning to clock in for the night shift.

Lucky duck will get to witness everything.

My mother and grandmother are nestled together discussing something. I have been watching them from a distance for over five hours, watching their protesting and debating. They are speaking of something so heavy that part of me wishes to dissolve into my reptile form to get a better ear of the situation from a better vantage point, but I will be useless at that size.

Turkish tightens around my neck, I feel his excitement waft into my skin.

So hungry.

I don’t really think, I am more of an actor. I meander patiently, subtly, until I am within viewing distance. I see my mother, she turns her face. Her blue eyes catch my throat and tighten my wind pipe. A cool temperature dissolves around me and my legs feel numb.

She tortured you with hatred, and now with nightmares..

Yes.

She deserves this..

Yes.

“Smother,” is what she whispers quiet enough that if it hadn’t been for the soft breeze her words wouldn’t have been carried to my ears.

I don’t listen to her, I loath her. I am fuming with such anger even at the sound of my name. I am boiling anger, intoxicated on pungent rage that I have no senses left. They have all been shot and replaced with something I have never felt before.

Turkish slinks from my neck.

Places, places
    Get in your places.
    Put on your dress and put on your doll faces.

She doesn’t expect it, neither did grandmother. They both practically stood their like rag dolls spinning on strings. I let out a kick with my front legs, rearing up without really analysing my movement and coming down hard on her withers. A crack rumbles aloud and I watch her body fall like logs rolling down a hill.

Everyone thinks that we’re perfect,
    Please don’t let them look through the curtain.“

She lies on her side with a heavy cut sinking down her back. It is then I see our alikeness, there that I see what I got from her; our lack of fear. Our bravery.

She is quivering, not from fright but from pain. I see her jaw clenched and her breathing shift.

“I will not hurt my daughter,” her voice is shaking.

“You already did.”

I never knew blood would taste so good.

I shift down to my smaller size, ignoring the struggling grunts of Kindling wafting into the air. One can only assume Turkish has circled himself around her neck and held her steady.

Picture, picture.
    Smile for the picture.
    Pose with your brother, won’t you be a good sister?

“Do not kill her.”

I know

I am wrapping my soft brown scaled body around my mothers throat. I let the leftover length of my body swirl her stomach and entrap her legs.

Everyone thinks that we are perfect.
    Please don’t let them look through the curtains.

It is an odd feeling, suffocating a living creature. At first, you feel the tightness of their body contract as you begin to shrink. You feel their resistance. And then you feel their heart beat, and their stomach move. Suddenly you feel their change of pace, their racing blood and their panicking breath. And then nothing.

Nothing.

Engulfing a body of such size, is a completely other task.

When you turn your back, she pulls out a flask,
    And forgets my infidelity.

I slink myself over to Kindling, rising back into equine form with talent and grace.

“I never knew you.”

“Clearly you are the disappointment of the family,” her tongue is sharp, and dignified.

“Maybe I am the hero.”

Can I?

Please, by all means.

D, O, L, L, H, O, U, S, E

He is agile in his kill, far better than I could ever dream to be. I am an equine made snake, he is a snake period. His style is so much more savage than I could remember, forceful and tough with a slight bit of smugness dancing across his face. Oh, my Turkish, my other half.

I will never forget the sight of her. First her legs, followed by her stomach and lastly her head to follow. I will never forget the sight of her head being sucked into the hole of a reptile.

Being eaten like a field mouse in a play pen.

I see things that nobody else sees.

It took a week for our meals to break down. It was quite the vacation, laying in the shade and waiting for my family to dissolve.

I am still full.

Hey girl, open your walls,
    Play with your dolls.
    We’ll be a perfect family.

RIP Kindling, and Smolder

and I will return leading the pack

The world breaks everyone, and afterward,

some are strong at the broken places.

Ex Chamberling, Ex Valley Queen, Ex Affair Queen, Ex Love Triangle Queen, Ex of Attitude, Ex Wife, Ex Mother. And now, Ex Life.

To Oxytocin: I am sorry you were never enough for me, in another time, maybe we can try again.

To Smolder: I wish I had done better for you, and protected you better.

To Sinder: You are the son of my dreams, I wish I had told you sooner.

To Osric: I will be seeing you.

To Rodrik: I used to think you were the reason for hell. I now know I am mistaken. Take care of Smother like you wanted to take care of me. Thank you.

To additional family, and children: See you soon. Don't let me down.

To Smother: See you in hell.

Kindling

OOC: Please refrain from any offensive/negative goodbyes. I try to keep IC and OOC separate, but these characters meant a lot to me.
    [Image: HFqRV2Q.png]
    she was beautiful, but beautiful in the way
    a forest fire is beautiful: from a distance.
    Ex queen of the Valley, Ex mother, Ex lover, Ex sibling, forever breaking up with commitments. Now, Ex life.

To Warship:
    You were the excitement I needed. I truly loved you, from the day I met you till the day I passed. I will continue loving you now, even from a distance. The mistakes I made, I would take them all back if I could. Had I been given one more second with you, I would have traded anything for it.

To Sinder:
    Brother, friend, the only person who ever got me, I am sorry we left. I left. I am sorry we aren't inseparable today. I am sorry I let you down.

To Kindling:
    You were a horrible horrendous mother, but nevertheless, you were my mother. RIP.

To Smother:
    You were never a let down, a failure, or a burden in my eyes. I was the mistake, you were the savoir. I don't blame you. In fact, I might even forgive you. Next lifetime, I will be a better mother.
    I promise.

smolder
    queen of the valley
    Such a sad setting, mother and daughter. I am not sad to see you go though, Kindling. In fact, I am rather pleased but sadly your death was too late for my enjoyment. Maybe in hell we can pick off where we left. I look forward to it. Much love Heart

Smolder, you could've been something grand. I saw it in you. Sleep well Heart

OOC: I hate you for this. Heart
    I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you.

I'm sorry we were never perfect. I'm sorry we never clashed at just the right moment in time, but we had our little piece of heaven and I'll never forget that. I love you, my dear, and if I felt it were right I would follow you into the afterlife myself.

..You would hate me for that.

Instead I'll keep a silent eye on our daughter; the only proof that we ever collided in perfect harmony, the only thing that proves we ever loved as fiercely as the moon loves the sky. Cress and our grandson, our sweet descendants that, true to their roots, continue to light a fire in the Valley that you helped start.

I love you, and I will miss you until the end of my days.
    immune.
    I forgive you, mother. For everything that you have done to me. It is only right, is it not? To say goodbye to the past and embrace what is left--but you're gone. I'm sorry we never got to know one another. I'm sorry you're gone. I'm sorry and I love you and I wish we hadn't fallen apart so easily, as things are wont to do.

Smolder--I never knew you, sister, and even if you don't wish harm upon your child I will find her. I may not harm her but for what she did to our family she deserves to be punished. I wish we could have met; I have heard that all of Kindling's brood inherited her fiery spirit and it would have been nice to know my sister.

Rest easy, Mother and Smolder. We were never close like families should be but I love you both.

infected.
    come back with your shield, or on it

Tomorrow.

I’m gonna leave here. I’m gonna let you go and walk away, like every day I said I would.
    And tomorrow, I’m gonna listen, to that voice of reason inside my head, telling’ me that we’re no good.

We’re like fire and gasoline, I’m not good for you, you’re no good for me.
    We only bring each other tears and sorrow.
    But tonight, I’m gonna love you like there’s no tomorrow.

Baby when we’re good you know we’re great
    But there’s too much bad for us to think that there’s anything worth trying to save.”

We were perfectly imperfect, Smolder. A mass of contradictions. But I loved you, more than I’ve ever loved anything. There was never a time I could tell you no, or deny you anything. I gave you my heart and you gave me yours, and that was a gift I’ve treasured. I only wish that things could have been different, somehow. I wish I could have been everything you needed, and not the version you got.

Goodbye my darling, I love you.

“So on fire, and so in love…way back when we couldn’t get enough. Remind me…remind me.”

Smother - I don’t know what you expected of me, or where I went wrong with you. You seem to forget I could have easily let you freeze to death, but no. I took you in and gave you shelter, found you milk to keep you alive. And now this. Its only because you’re a part of Smolder that I don’t find you myself. She wouldn’t have wanted that I don’t think. I love you, despite the monster you’ve become.

-warship