• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Seeking Protection

It was another beautiful autumn day. Golden rays low in the sky were exceptionally warm despite the crisp atmosphere.
            A perfect day for sunbathing. The spectrum of yellows, oranges and reds of the season complimented this palomino mare. Not an exceptionally beautiful, elegant or fancy equine like many stallions lusted for. No pure bloodlines or dished face, heck, she didn't even know what her lineage was. However, she's never had an unsound day in her life, there was very few places she couldn't go, and her youthful coat glistened in the sun. Ashara, as her mother so tenderly named her, had spent many years surviving in the shadows since being forced from her birth herd as most do. Blame it on her independence or defiance for wanting to make it on her own. Although the experience was certainly humbling, and as winter approaches she seeks the benefits of a herd. Trade off bearing spawn for protection, or isn't that the way tradition dictates?

The sweet scent of horses was strongest here. The scorched summer grass being replaced with lush emerald. The well worn open field  made her a little uneasy. It was surprising this wasn't a hot spot for predators. A crunch of dried foliage beneath her footfall made her want to turn back. Was the trade off worth it? Braving the cold, searching for food and outsmarting wolves isn't as easy as it was a few years before. And if she waited another, what appeal she may have to a king would surely lessen in time.

Wherever I am, is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

His herd was quickly begining to settle in now. As fidgety as the mares were they seemed to be learning to enjoy themselves. And he himself. The herd as a whole was small, and slow in its prosperity, but he couldn't complain. After all it was his own fault that that had occured.

Now working with the kingdom had been even slower than working with his herd. No one seemed to take a interest in the Dale's lifestyle. He couldn't understand why. It was peaceful, a good solid place. Not much happened, and even less unstability. Taking flight once more. His black wings carry him over the plains, and battle grounds. A few creeks and rivers flowing under him. His coat sleek with the workout. It always felt good to be able to get out and move about.

Its not long before the sun glints off a hide. And he dips training his chocolate eyes towards the speck below. Turning and twisting his wings guide the air flow so that he cuts through the sky in a circle. Spiraling down to the earthy ground. Hooves kiss the grasses and wings flap and bend keeping him stable until he is solid on his feet. Dipping his head his mane and tail flash their blue as it whips against the black coat.

Walking up to the mare he slides his wing around her barrel with a coy smirk. Welcome to Beqanna, I'm Phaedrus His confidence had been growing as of late and his shy quiet disposition was almost completely gone. running his maw along her neck he offers her a little bit of space so that she could back away from him if she so wanted to. What holds your interest? Kingdom? Herd? Anything I can assist you with?

Phaedrus
    DEATH GIVES US SLEEP, ETERNAL YOUTH, AND IMMORTALITY

The Falls as of lately had been downright quiet. So quiet it made the bay and salmon pointed woman batty. Texas was off doing something. Mandan was gone. The scents of horses disappearing slowly till only it was Ygritte's, her daughter's and Nairne...but even hers was fading.

So now the mare (though newly pregnant and already anticipating the arrival) knew she must go and seek out new faces. The Falls needed life...and the poor woman needed some company. Chocolate pools come to find that of a honey coated mare near a rather fetchingly blue stag. Ygritte nears soon enough to hear the inquiry passed from lips of the stallion. "...or perhaps a herd and kingdom both?" Ygritte nods respectfully to the stallion as she was a polite gal before looking back to the golden doe. "I am Ygritte of the Falls. Perhaps either a kingdom or herd would be your fancy but also perhaps both." A smile touches the edges of the coral lips and lobes flick, anticipating the woman's retort.

ygritte
    texas&nativity

Hardly a moment passed since entering the common lands before that bird like shadow circling upon the earth, grew larger and larger. The sound of giant wings heading towards the vixen had her frozen in fear. She must surely be hallucinating? This creature, could it be called an equine? It appeared to be and smelled of one, but those wings! She had only heard of such beings in her secluded life, this was certainly the first encounter. Should she bow or run? As the winged stallion touched her coat, her terror grew. He didn’t appear to mean any harm but what could such a magnificent creature want with such a mediocre mortal. And then he spoke, and despite the tone, he sounded like a gentleman. Her tension lessoned slightly and she noticed how handsome and intriguing the ebony and cobalt stag was.
    Before Ashara could gather her thoughts, or pick her jaw up off the ground, another voice immediately grabbed her attention. Another unusual hued equine, although, the strange mare’s presence was surprisingly comforting. ”What do you mean by kingdom?” The words stumbled out without thought as she stared in awe at the salmon pointed mare. Amber eyes drifting back to the dark one she seemed to lose her voice again. His masculinity or perhaps it was his gift that seemed to command respect. ”I am looking for the comforts of a clan. The protection, the known reliable food sources and such. The winters are getting tougher and predators more persistent.” ugh, she sounded like a child, although it could have been worse. She could have said something about solicitation. It still felt like a dream she’d wake up from. So blessed to have two offers for family in such a short time, but if Ashara were to decide amid the two her immediate reaction would be split between the comforts of the polite mare or the awe of the dark stallion.

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Ygritte listens to the concerns of the golden woman, her inquiry, her demands. These things are all normal and Ygritte nods slightly as she listens, considering her words as her attention is fully on Ashara. The new mare gives good reasons as to be skeptical. Hell, before Ygritte had moved to the Falls, she was very much in the same situation.

"The Falls is a lovely kingdom. The horses that choose to dwell there of a more balanced standing. We are a neutral territory amongst the others in Beqanna. Our winters are rather mild and we do not see much snow. Our crown jewel is out waterfalls. The waters within the kingdom have healing properties that can heal any sort of ailment. As for predators...well, they are not very prevalent in the land." Ygritte gives a small smile and a nod as she finishes her words, chocolate pools watching.

Visage shifts to look to Phaedrus, the curl of her smile lifts pulling the edges of her orange pink lips. Long lashes falling over the caramel pools and looking to the palomino mare. Lobes flicker in anticipation of Ashara's words.

Ygritte would keep the Falls alive. She toiled ceaselessly to bring in new residents and prided herself on the activity of the Falls. As of lately, the residents had seemed to trickle off but Ygritte would not stop to raise the Falls to the glory of it's past. Ashara could just be the one to help her do it.

Ygritte.
    PHAEDRUS
    He smiles to the women nodding as the recruiter approaches. Relaxed in his new found confidence the male looks on letting the women chit chat here and there.
    Well a kingdom is a place where you are welcome to be yourself. And partake in an organized group setting. You get to meet a lot of others. he pauses as the mare inquires more. My kingdom is the Dale and very closely aligned with the Falls in their neutrality. The only difference being that there is a separate group of horses within our borders as that of the Falls. And our biggest asset is the pool that allows us to see our souls. He pauses again. We also have a beautiful land, friendly members, and several allies. If I do say so myself. He smiles at the other woman as she does to him.

She seemed a lovely creature, and his curiosity is peeked, It’s wonderful to meet you Ygritte. He isn’t sure how to go about talking to her. After all they were here for one purpose and one purpose only. I also have a herd land, there is plenty of entertainment there, also as she said there are not many predators, especially in the herd lands. In fact there is a herd of deer that frequents our lands. The mares there would love to meet you should you have a mind to.

His wing hangs gently around her frame, and he cocks a smile to her as well. How are things going in the Falls these days Ygritte? he wouldn’t be rude and mention the lack of activity in any of the kingdoms. Nor would he try to delve into any subject that is to deep. There was never a reason to be rude here. Besides she seemed nice enough that he would actually like to meet her one day.

Not often he said that about another recruiter but hey its how the world spins.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

Intently listening, the confident and calm voices continued to ease the palominos concern. Visage softening and curiosity peaking over healing and soul illustrating waters.
    Remembering her manners she shifted away from the strange luxury of Phaedrus’s wing to gain a better non biased perspective. ”I am very pleased to meet the both of you. My name is Ashara.”
    Provided the decision was hers to make it was certainly a difficult one. Both offered everything the golden mare requested and then some with unusual enchanted properties. There was the well established ebony bronc, with many allies, vixens, and genetic gifts should breeding be required. He offered excitement and a whole new eccentric world. And then there was Ygritte who gave the impression of a quiet lifestyle more like the one she had been accustomed to. It would be less of a shock to ease into this peculiar mystic and possibly less demanding. Surely there would be some sort of catch, she would have to pull her own weight, earn her keep somehow.
    Sympathetic amber orbs on the dark one, unsure of how he would react ”Thank you for the offer Phaedrus,” pausing to gain courage “However I feel the Falls will be the most suitable,” glancing back at the bay, ”if you’ll have me.”