• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Umqra, Kirin]

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

Kids. They always needed affection, attention, some sort of indication that they were pleasing. Umqra is strange to him all the same. Not like his sons, but perhaps this is a good thing. He can read her eyes now, sees the way a smile toys on her lips. “That’s my girl.” He thinks, happy to see that already he’s holding unquestionable influence over her. He thinks back to Astri, back to when Dacia had made her appearance into this world, back to when Killdare had sought her out and questioned her about his own daughter. “She could surprise you, you never know.” He recalls her saying, and the words stick to him like tacks. Sharp, pointed, driving deep beneath his skin. He understood now - why Dacia had been babied, why his dam had been like stone to him, but water to his sister.

Umqra’s declaration of servitude alights on his ears like a pleasing melody. The stallion smiles as a reward, this time letting the movement swallow him entirely until his body is thrumming with excitement. His neck extends, head lowered so that his nose can run the length of her strong back. “Follow me closely, and don’t worry about leaving the forest. I’ll be keeping a close eye on you, you’ll be safe.” He tells her, head rising once more so that his eyes can stray to the horizon. Yes, if they left now they’d make good time and be there long before nightfall cast its blanket over Beqanna.

“You and I are going to the Chamber, where you’ll never be alone again.” He promises, glancing back at her with a seriousness not to be avoided. She’d made her choice, and it had been a good one at that. Lupei’s task now was to ensure that she knew where her loyalty lay. With him, always with him. “Come on, Umqra. Lots of ground to cover and only so much time to cover it.” He chuckles, easing forward into a bold pace. She was pack now. Family. And that meant never worrying about going hungry or sleeping alone. Someday, perhaps he’d ask her for a favor in return.

But until that day came, he’d live up to his promise.

OOC: Sent you a little PM. Also, Umqra is awesome Big Grin