• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Umqra, Kirin]

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

It’s her softness that irritates him the most. That shy, coy attitude bred into her no doubt on her mother’s side. He loathes it - the nature of women to be meek and mild. The bottom lip held precariously between her teeth grates against his nerves. If she were a colt, he’d be telling her buck up, to look him in the eye and never show cowardice against a larger enemy. But he withdraws these angry, irrational thoughts. He’d seen a flash of defiance in her - the side that had been given to her from him. All was not lost on this youngling. Her sporadic memory comes as a bit of a hinderance, but Lupei has never been one to back down from a challenge so he looks her over once more (Astri’s cold eyes peer at him from the netherworld) and clicks his tongue aloud instead of sighing.

“Umqra,” He begins, testing the name to find it satisfyingly bold. Not a name one would usually give to a filly. “I’m your sire, Lupei.” He ends, casting his die in hopes that the filly won’t question his authority. There was more of a chance that she was his anyways, and he knew that. There was the question of what to do with her now, what purpose she could serve in the long run if she couldn’t get a handle on her gift. Lupei has never been a teacher before, much less a father. He figures, though, that if he can stomach the burden with Zojja, another body to tag along can only do more good than harm. He doubts his wolfish counterpart will object too highly to the strange green filly before him - and if she did, then Lupei would find other means to house Umqra. But until that moment came, he’d keep her close by.

“You’ll be living with me now, understand? I’m going to help you fill in those gaps.” He commands, tail swinging behind him with relative ease. If Umqra really was his, and she really could find a way to get a grip on her powers, then there was no telling what other offspring of his may be lurking out in the wilds running rampant with some form of his genetics. The girl couldn’t possibly know it, but she sparked something within the two-toned stallion. An idea, hazy, unformed, but seeded in the back corners of his mind where it would grow and flourish. His eyes connect with hers and he smiles briskly, shortly, but still a smile. Yes, he reasons that little Umqra would make a fine addition indeed.

Messages In This Thread
    Who painted the lion? [Umqra, Kirin] - by Lupei - 02-20-2016, 03:51 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Umqra, Kirin] - by Lupei - 04-01-2016, 07:18 PM