• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hypnotized; mesmerized. » kirin
    And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
    All the misery was necessary when we're deep in love
    It’s not the chill that hardens his heart, the organ dark and cold long before winter had ever touched it. Kirin’s darkness was inherited you might say, passed down through blood, from greatness. A small token of appreciation, the only thing besides the Cove his Father had left him. The cold could never touch deep enough to penetrate the steady rhythm of his breast, his coat already thickening for the coming months, creeping up coarse and wild. Something to match the fire in his eyes that lingered in their depths, just out of reach.

It’s not until a particularly strong gail buffets him side-long that he decides his flight is over, catching the ground with his hooves and tucking his wings tight. It was dangerous to fly in such a force, the wind catching the lavender arms and yanking them as if to try and take them. One could easily find themselves wounded, unable to fly for several months, or worse the torrents could break that which he so dearly coveted. He would never relinquish them though, they were too special, too precious to him.

Kirin looks up just as a rumble trembles against the darkening clouds, the gusts picking up and the threat of rain increasing. It was to be expecting these sorts of things, storms assaulted the coastline many times a year, luckily they had shelter. Caves tucked into the cliffs, and foothills far from shore in which the Covelings could seek refuge. Kirin preferred the solid rock walls to the canopy of marine trees that his Mother and Branka sought comfort in.

He intends to find one, a Cave that is, when a fuzzy breaches his progress. A little fluff of midnight creeping into his hip, coiling under his wing. It’s a good thing he inspects the subject of his distraction, else he would have mistaken her for a critter in the growing darkness, landing a bite or kick in her direction. Thankfully he looks before he leaps, peering down at the call that just barely reaches his lilac ears.

'You’re so warm…"

He smiles, tugging his aunt to side, “Lucky for you my pretty, I’d keep you warm any day.” He raises her chin with the tip of his feathered arm, blowing into her nose sweet, salty whuffs of air. “Come Misra, let us seek shelter, we’ll find a cave until this passes. You can have me all to yourself for a while, how’s that?” His voice drips with a solid smoke that even he did not expect.

Come with me to this dark cave little girl...do you want some candy?...

Kirin
    son of Khaos

Messages In This Thread
    hypnotized; mesmerized. » kirin - by Misra - 02-21-2016, 02:07 AM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » kirin - by Kirin - 02-21-2016, 07:03 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » kirin - by Misra - 02-21-2016, 08:25 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » kirin - by Kirin - 03-10-2016, 09:06 AM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » kirin - by Misra - 04-02-2016, 04:47 PM