• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you could have it all; my empire of dirt. | brynmor

everyone i know goes away in the end
         He was beginning to feel at ease, at long last. He had begun to recognize the usually barren, icy landscape as his own dwelling - its sharp edges and crystalline illusion captivated him often, distracting him from deeper, darker thoughts. It pulled him to the light, drawing an almost child-like wonder from within. It provoked his curiosity, and oftentimes he could be found as still as night, lingering beneath the pale moonlight as he studies (with his dark, intense maroon gaze) the way it glimmers and glistens. The evening had just arrived, bathing the sky in illustrious shades of lilac, magenta and tangerine. The clouds drifted along the skyline as the sun fell below the horizon, painting the icy barrier with its light, before drifting down beyond the mountainside, bringing forth the allure of evening and its splattering of bright starlight. 

It had been far too long since he had stayed in one place long enough to consider it his own dwelling, and to lay claim to a land of brotherhood was all the more unusual. It was difficult to see it as such, though, and often he wondered where his brothers were. The frigid terrain was often empty and without movement, as still as the dead of night, with nary a breath of air breathed by another nor prints left in the moist soil. He had lingered in the land for a while now, and yet none had come to search for him - none but Brennen. He wondered about the stability of a kingdom that lacked command, vigor and activity, but he kept his muted silence intact. Time would soon tell how solid the icy barriers were; how deep the fortitude of his brothers went. He ached to know them, to build a strengthened force and bond with each one.

He had heard much talk as of late, and a war was brewing. Their alliances were weak; their brothers were few and far between. He had heard murmurings of Hurricane, his strength and his leadership, and all of it had been positive. Hopefully time would bring it all together, before it was too late.

Suddenly, there was a break in the perceived silence - the gentle hum of insects and the soft rustling of the leaves of the sparse foliage that remained alive in the arctic atmosphere had served as an entrancing white noise - as a single twig cracked, echoing in the thick evening air. His eyes peered into the darkness for the source, but his eyes had been lost within the light for so long it took a long moment to adjust. When he finally manages to, he can make out the faint, grayed out shape beyond - another male, undoubtedly, as his scent fills his senses. A familiar scent - one he had not come to know personally as of yet but one he often found lingering within the territory. 

A low, rumbling chuckle reverberates within his chest as his deep crimson gaze bores into the charcoal-painted stallion, staring into his pale blue eyes. 

"You startled me - you must be one of the brothers. I am Offspring; I haven't been here long but I intend to stay a while." If the brotherhood as a whole will have him, naturally.

offspring

Not my best. I'm sorry! @[Brynmor]
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

Quite a few years had passed since Hurricane had found him in the field. Back then the graying male had still been blind and Hurricane finding him had been a set up. The Chamber had it all planned out, or if he would be precise he would have to say that Straia and Gryffen had planned it all. Back then it still had been unknown who would reign the Tundra, after the previous king had disappeared, but it had never been their intention to put one of their pawns on the throne. The Tundra simply had no value in their eyes, as the snow covered lands were empty and it’s little habitants wouldn’t be of any good to them.

On top of that a blind king wouldn’t have worked anyway. Not to mention that he lacked the will to be a ruler. He had only been a puppet on the end of the strings that Gryffen held. Ever since his birth the winged male had been in control, something that angered the gray stallion, but if he only would know that Gryffen also had been the cause of the death of his mother that hatred would be much worse. His youth was a big black gap, just as his sight had been back then, and the only one who had been there for him was a non-existing spin of his mind.

”Damnit, get out of my thoughts. You’re not real” he snaps before he starts cursing under his breath. ’Oh Brynnie, you would be lonely without me.’ He’s agitated and annoyed by the fact that his ‘friend’ kept humouring him, even though Brynmor now knew that it only was an imaginary voice in his mind. Shaytan had been the first to point it out, but he hadn’t believed her, especially as nobody else seemed to comment about it. Yet it had never occurred to him nobody had spoken towards this friend, he had been the only one.

Normally his senses – which are better than average to compensate the lack of sight during the time had been blind – were quick to tell him when someone was near. He would smell them, hear them or just sense them, but today he’s suddenly hit by an unknown scent. Due to his surprise Brynmor doesn’t look where he is going, stepping on a twig that cracks underneath his weight. Muttering something to himself he continues to walk, now curious to the stranger and thankful for the distraction from the voice in his thoughts.

His eyes meet the crimson ones. If he would’ve known how Gryffen looked he surely would’ve thought about his former puppeteer’s red eyes. But he doesn’t and therefor he offers the stranger – or not so stranger as Offspring offers him his name – a polite smile. ”I am. My name is Brynmor” he answers after a short pause. The graying male moves closer, studying the dark stallion for a moment, before meeting his gaze again.

”Welcome to the Tundra then, new brothers are much appreciated.” That wasn’t a lie, in fact, they needed more brothers. They were only with a few and there were almost just as much females as males around, and that wasn’t quite right. Not that Brynmor didn’t appreciate the company of the other sex – as he was especially fond of his lover Roan’s company – but he was glad to learn that there were other males out there that are willing to join them. ”What do you think of the kingdom thus far?” he asks, head tilting a little to the side to study the look upon Offspring’s features.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

OOC: Sorry for the wait. I finally found some Bryn muse Smile

Italic is what the imaginary voice in his head says, not to be confused with the colored text that Bryn himself says ^^