• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So you wanna play with magic? ALL KINGDOM
    We do what we must,
    Because we can.

They stand together at the oasis, to all non-magical eyes a mare and a young black mare. Many in the Deserts will know Pevensie, and some will know Camrynn – but they'll probably know her as Cammie, if they do. On her chest, bold and golden, the crook and flail marking granted to her by her participation in the competition stands out proudly.

With a glance at Pevensie, she raises her voice and calls them all together. The people of the Deserts. Their people.

And when they come together, Camrynn enfolds them gently in a blanket of magical silence. In this place, they are shielded from anyone, from prying eyes and ears, magical or otherwise. With a look to Pevensie, she turns to address them all.

"Hello friends." Her voice is sincere, gentle, but with an underlying cable of strength. "Many of you know us. This is Pevensie-" she gestures to the woman "And I am Cammie." She pauses and hesitates. "Well, I was Cammie, but I think now that I've grown a bit Camrynn is much more fitting." She chuckles a bit.

"We were among those who entered the competition for the Deserts throne, and the old gods of the Deserts tested us, and declared us the new rulers." her eyes seek out Lucrezia in the crowd. "Lucrezia entered as well, and did so well that the gods have asked her to become our new Ambassador. We hope she will accept." She smiles at the woman. "We hope to meet all the rest of you soon, if we haven't already."

"But now, to business." She says, and her voice becomes more serious. She wonders briefly whether what she is about to say is what will earn her the slash, the traitor's mark over her (very much invisible at the moment) Amazons tattoos. But she's sworn an oath to the gods of the Deserts, and she's sworn it on her magic. She isn't about to mess around. "There are things you all should know about the competition. The first of them, that the Amazons tried to throw it." She says, her voice sad. "They tried to enter horses into the competition to win, and rule the Deserts as a sister kingdom of the Amazons. They did not succeed, our gods saw through it, but they did try." She pauses. "I know this because I was approached to enter in the name of the Amazons." she says, believing it best to have no secrets (well okay, not to have THIS secret). "Pevensie and I have our thoughts on this, but we want to know from you how you believe the Deserts should react." 

"There is one more thing before we'll open the floor so that you all can share your thoughts." She looks to an open area of sand six or so feet to her side, well away from any of the other horses. The sand begins to ripple, and suddenly a giant bronze creature bursts from it, like a dolphin rising from the sea. It lands upon the sand, and its shape becomes obvious.

It is a Sphinx. A living, bronze Sphinx.

He is the size of a large dog or a small pony, with the head of a man and the body of a lion. His head is covered in the traditional Egyptian headdress: a cloth hood with a knot in the back. He is made entirely of bronze, as though he had been cast in it, but a muted bronze, one that will not reflect the Deserts light.

He is still for a moment, and then he barks – the playful bark of a puppy, and starts to frolic in the dunes around Camrynn like a dog around its master, trying to get the master to play. He is goofy, adorable, every inch the big family dog that no kingdom has ever had. After a moment he settles himself down, padding over to join their circle, sitting with his tongue rolling out of his mouth and just a hint of slobber.

"We don't want anyone of the Deserts to be forced to fight. " She begins, looking at the assembled horses. "So we have created someone to help with the fighting." She looks back to the Sphinx, running her muzzle gently across his back, grooming him. He starts to purr.

She turns her attention back to the assembled horses again. "He might not look it, but he's a fearsome fighter. If we are ever threatened, he is capable of fighting two or even three horses." She pauses, allowing that to sink in. "But unless we are directly threatened, or Pevensie or I order him to, he's the same lovable guy you see here. He will never harm you." she stresses the last piece, and the guardian barks in agreement.

"I call him Gumby, but we're open to suggestions on that." She says with a smile.

"I've talked more than enough," she says with a glance at Pevensie. "We'd love to know your thoughts on the situation with the Amazons, names for Gumby - " she looks to the puppy-Sphinx with a smile "- and more than anything, we'd like to know what you want from the Deserts." Her face becomes serious now. "There is a lot of evil in the world. What should we do about it? Should we stay here, being a bastion against it, or should we take the fight out there to those who have evil intent?"

And with that, she is silent

C A M R Y N N
    Why? Because I can

Image copyright MariannaInsomnia

SO. The Deserts have a protector, currently called Gumby because it makes Evie giggle. YOU ALL CAN TOTALLY USE HIM IN YOUR POSTS <3 Here is a reference photo: http://www.antique-clocks.co.uk/stockpho...14480L.jpg and here are the rules surrounding him, as granted by Kortnee:

Quote:A sphinx protector construct (body of a cat, head of a human) the size of a very large dog/small pony. His personality would be the stereotypical "goofy big dog" - I imagine him liking to play fetch, bouncing around the dunes trying to eat sand squalls, etc.

But he would also be a protector for the Deserts, so that Deserts members (who tend to be "light" and are thus more likely to hate fighting) don't have to feel as pressured to be in the army. When the Deserts are threatened, he is an effective fighter, and would be allowed to fight in raids, etc. He would probably be evenly matched by two/three horses. In battle situations I imagine he'd be played as a character, by me if no one else wanted to.

On a day-to-day basis I imagine people being able to work him into their posts like they'd work in any other element of scenery (for example, if they wanted to be playing fetch with him in their posts, go to town). We would go into "attack mode" only when the Deserts are obviously threatened, or when ordered to do so by one of the Deserts leadership (king, queen, lord, lady, caste head or something like that).

He'd also be made by Cam's magic, so if she ever leaves, etc he goes away too.
    Ah yes, the competition for Deserts supremacy. He had heard about it but had decided that having him for a King would be just about the worst thing that could happen to the Deserts. Doesn't a King have to be diplomatic, friendly, approachable? He was abrasive, rude and downright solitary.

The new rulers seem young and promising. Romek would stand behind them, just as he stood behind Vanquish, and Yael.

They begin to talk about some treachery committed by another kingdom, but really, who is surprised? He watches as Camrynn produces a spynx, his eyes narrowed. He's never had a love for magical beasties and as this one bounds around playfully he watches it carefully. His last experience with something like this had been the Valley wolves. Although he must admit... The idea of having it on his side is rather appealing.

"Congratulations. I'm Romek, long time member of the Deserts." he pauses with a sort-of half smile before he begins talking about the rather pressing matter of - the bitch-women of the jungle.

"Well, they weren't breaking the rules, were they?" he points out. "Although it's probably not in the spirit of the competition. Why did they want a 'sister-kingdom' anyway, is our alliance not enough?"

If the women had it their way, they'd have their back alright, although probably with a dagger in. He hasn't forgotten the Valley incident, oh no.
    "I personally think they should go to hell."

{{Sorry this is pretty crappy but its late and i wanted to get something up <3]}
    Pevensie stands beside her fellow Queen, her adoptive daughter. She smiles, proud of Camrynn and happy for her.

When Pevensie now thinks of the weight thrust upon her broad shoulders, she does begin to doubt whether it was the right thing to enter the contest. After all, Pevensie has refused crowns before. Would she be a good Queen? Only time will tell that. However, she knows she has the credentials for the job. It's just whether or not her old soul has the stamina, the spiritual strength to carry on, that will be her challenge. It is early days yet though (not even full day actually) and she knows these worries are mostly the product of her sudden and rather abrupt change in circumstances. One moment she is care-free, no responsibilities or commitments beyond finding her next meal or conversation, the next she is charged with a kingdom to take care of and make prosper. To say it isn't a daunting thought would be a downright lie.

She is smiling, silent out of respect as Cam explains their situation. It must be a shock for the other members of the kingdom too, knowing that Yael was giving up the throne after so many steadfast years. Perhaps for some members of the kingdom, she has ruled for whole generations. It is both sad and thrilling in equal measure, yet Pevensie can fully appreciate that not all are accepting of change. They might have won the gods over, but they needed to win their kingdom over too. That, she understood, would be by far the harder job.

Cam continues, talks of the Amazons. Pevensie had always been a little sceptical of Scorch, the Amazonian Queen. There was something fierce about the fire-mare, domineering even. Two traits that you cannot accuse the buckskin sun-mare of possessing. However, this revelation about a possible take-over brings a gentle frown across her features. Certainly, the Amazons have tried it before in her lifetime. Their record on takeovers hasn't been clean, so the idea that they should try it again shocks her, but it does not surprise. She turns to Cammie, her features mingled with concern and disappointment that she would have accepted their offer - but now is not the time to discuss that. It should be done in private, Queen to Queen. Their reign is so new, so fragile, even if she has concerns they must be buried for now. At present, it is most pressing to appear united.

No sooner have these concerns been brought to their attention, then the black mare uses her magic to bring forth a guardian. The sphinx rises from the sand like a butterfly from cocoon. She jitters slightly at the sight of the strange creature, with a body of a lion and a human head sewn atop - as it Cam had dreamt the thing up from a Frankenstein novel. He moved pleasantly enough though, without threat, even joyously as he bounded with the spirit of a puppy.

"As Camrynn said before, I am Pevensie," she begins with a warm smile, awkwardly squeezing 'Camrynn' from her lips rather than the far sweeter name 'Cammie', yet they must grow up eventually. She knows this. There are many questions she has that need answering (like her colour change, her secret magical abilities that Pevensie knew nothing about), but they can address these at a later time. Right now, their people expect them to lead.

"Thank you Romek," she says sincerely, beaming and beginning to glow. He reminds her of Vanquish, the way he hold himself, his stature. She wonders, though of course she has no way of knowing for sure. "The Amazons have a history where colonies are concerned. In my lifetime alone, I have known them to take over the Falls'. I have known them to start wars. They are powerful, not to be underestimated, well organised too. I would know - I was one of them once. They are ambitious, why have an alliance when you can have a kingdom? Another army from which to better defend yourself and spread your power. I can see why the Deserts' would have made a useful string to their bow, so to speak."

She pauses then, eyes Camrynn directly now, "Thankfully they did not succeed."

'cause i understand you've been running from the man they call mr. sandman.

she had just arrived in the deserts when she had heard a voice calling across the sands. it's eager tone had her at once turning towards it and heading that way within only seconds. stepping into the gathering crowd, the silver bay mare made her way to the front. coming to a stop the sand at her feet delicately began to rise, dancing in tender swirls up her legs and along the bottom of her stomach as she looked towards the two mares that stood side by side. it was only when Camrynn began to talk that she found herself truly paying attention, no longer sending an occasional glance to take note of those around her.

Camrynn's light joking on having grown a bit made her tilt her head just a bit and she blinked in silent confusion unable to follow her statement. It was only Adrie's first day in the deserts so, camrynn as cammie had never been something she was able to witness for herself. though in time she was sure either camrynn herself or another would explain what the white mare meant at the time. And so she didn't let the small amount of confusion bother her and she continued to listen, patiently observing the rest every so often.

It was only when things got serious that her body straightened completely and in response to true concentration, the sand began to swirl around her legs and across her stomach a bit more quickly. The explanation of the amazons and camrynn at first being approached made her lips press together slightly. Thankfully the God's had seen who was true, and she was never one to go against their judgement. But it showed Adrie just how sneaky others could be willing to be to get something that didn't even belong to them, nor did they have any right to.

unlike the rest adrie had not been on this earth long enough to see much. she didn't know of the amazon's history and she certainly didn't know the faces that surround her now. it was a curious thing to watch, as they all spoke her attention only being torn away when the sphinx burst through the sand and playfully began to pat around camrynn. gumby was quite the character and had adrie smiling in seconds, her mood lightening immensely. camrynn and penvensie seemed like wise mares fit to lead and like romek, she would stand behind them faithfully.

it was only when romek and pevensie finished sharing words that she spoke up gently but with confidence in her tone, "Camrynn, Penvensie, Congratulations. My name is Adrie and I am new here." Her statement couldn't be more obvious. She knew none of them had ever lied eyes on her before but she still felt it necessary to announce the fact. Tongue running over her lips slightly in thought she wondered if she had the right to voice her opinions being so new... But within seconds she knew deep down she couldn't keep quiet.

"I know we should take care of the evil forces that oppose us. But right now I feel it best we be the bastion Camrynn first mentioned. We need to build our numbers, strengthen our forces. We do not want to run into battle with any weak sides. We must be sure we are strong in body and mind, organised even more so and without a doubt know what we are doing. Though surely, we should make sure we make the move first."

"Secondly... I think Gumby is an adorable name Especially one for his kind and happy demeanor amongst those who reside here." Smiling kindly down at the sphinx she studied his unusual features without surprise or judgement, just pure curiosity before looking back up to Camrynn and then Penvensie. She hoped the queens didn't find her opinion to strong for someone so new. She wasn't even sure if they would find it useful, for she had never been one to place her opinion on such matters until today. All she could do was stand there calmly and with confidence and hear what they had to say in response to her thoughts.

original html by strells, edited by taz | character by taz
    He had failed in competition for a crown that he did not want. The only pang of loss in his chest came from the possible disappointment his daughter might feel that the chance for immortality had passed him by. She had won though and so his emotions were tempered by the pride he felt at her success. He also hoped that a kingdom would provide a solid home for her, a home that would support her when he was gone from this earth. Somehow he knew they would because she would be a good Queen like her mother, and like her grand-mother who was a good Queen in her own twisted way. So he would suppress his worry and instead be happy for her.

Be happy for her, and stay for her. He would help her in whatever endeavor she and the other Desert Queen planned. The Falls held nothing but memories and broken dreams. Perhaps a fresh start here would be good for him.

So the black stallion, carved in hieroglyphs with the name of his lover and Pevensie's mother, made his way to the gathering. He listened as they spoke, listening to tales of the Amazons and their plot, their fortunate failure. He listened as they asked what should be done. Two others approached and spoke and at first he contemplated silence. He was new to this territory and to be honest wasn't exactly what he would define as 'Light'. Still he was opposed to senseless warmongering and so he figured that was enough to side him with those here. Deciding he should offer an opinion he offered first a slight smile to his daughter before his deep voice brought forth words. "If this is most of us, or all of us, it seems that patience would be the appropriate decision." He spoke before he realized none of the others would know him. "Degradation, by the way."

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash
    I am not busy wen they call – when am I ever busy? – but I answer readily. I know what has been going on out in the dunes, and when there are two strangers standing at there oasis instead of the golden queen that has ruled my entire life, I know that our new rulers have been chosen. I recognize Pevensie, but not the black mare with the jewels below her eyes. She is the one to talk, and I settle myself at a comfortable distance and listen.

The first horse to reply is a stallion I believe I’ve seen once or twice. Romek, he tells us his name is, and I nod to him from my position. Father would be glad for more stallion in the Desert. The next is the other queen, little Pevensie. She has never looked as though she belongs in the Desert, but she has been a figure I remember from early times, so she must find it a suitable home.

“You say they approached you,” I say, because that has been spinning in my mind since the stranger had first said it, “But what did you tell them?” I think that this is important to know. I remember the little bay foal but this black woman is a stranger. I do not think the gods care about color, and I wonder why they have also chosen to alter the color of her fur. That, I decide, is something that my father would not ask. Men don’t ask such pointless questions, I hear him say, and I put it from my mind.

“I’m Kreios,” I tell them after realizing that perhaps that should have come first. I do not feel the need to tell them who I am – the world knows I am my father’s disappointment. I am equally as large as the old black titan, and while I lack Vanquish’s dragon wings and wear my mother’s spots rather than my father’s dark mantle, there is no other couple in Beqanna capable of making creatures quite as recognizable as Lyric and Vanquish did with myself and my siblings.

The arrival of two strangers has me turning to look. One is an old stallion and the other a young mare. She is lovely and the way that she has sand spinning about her feet entrances me. Rather would cuff me on the side of the head, I realize, and look away from Adrie and back at the queens. They have mentioned Lucrezia but I have not yet seen her. The odd sphinx seems like something that Father would have done, to make up for my lack of skill, and I wonder if perhaps he has used his time in the afterlife to convince the gods that I am a failure as well.

“We should probably fight the evil,” I say aloud, though I feel the very opposite. Father would fight the evil, Father would do it. “But where is it?

[Yael and Zilpah and Gaza!]

Who knew this would be so weird? It takes her back to the beginning days; the days when she still hadn’t completely mastered the language, when she was a more simple Yael, all bay and big eyes and eager to please. Back when Noct and Krys took over the kingdom from Roark. Before any of the youngsters had been thought of, and before Pevensie had returned, before Camrynn had… done whatever it is Camyrnn does. After she passed the crown on, she went to find her children to let them know what was going on.

They gave her the best sibling sandwich hug. And Gaza! Oh… he looked so much like Van a couple of tears came to her eyes. But he chucked her under the chin and held her close and in that moment, the weight of the world came off her shoulders. The grief still lay about her like a blanket, but the surreal heaviness of seventeen years of responsibility fell into the sand as a winter’s coat sheds it unneeded fur. Whatever may come, she thought, hell or high water (oh wait, that already happened - both of them), she would be in the rear instead of the vanguard. She could… well, she supposes she could do anything now.

Where to begin?
    ------------------

Zilpah scampers in front of Gaza and her Ima in that way that only she, a full grown adult, can scamper like a child. in truth, she is a bit confused because the Cammie (Camyrnn?) she’d met was only a young filly. But if her Ima said they were the new Queens, then they were the new Queens. And Gaza vouched for Pevensie. So Zilpah assumes that everything is a-ok.

She keeps her eyes peeled for Sawflesh and Zale, hoping to have a chance to introduce them to her Ima and Gaza, having politely excused herself for a bit to tend to ‘family matters.’ She hoped that they weren’t offended that she left them, or called it family matters. Because they were her family too! Just… this seemed like an Ima and brother and sister sort of thing. The three of them come to the assembled group and she doesn’t see them. Hmmm… where could they be? For a moment, she ponders asking Ima to mentally call for them… but no, that doesn’t seem  like the right thing to do.

If they don’t show up, she will have to give them the news. Like the good little diplomat that she is.

When she hears of the Amazons’ trying to throw the competition, her heart sinks a little. She had liked them alot! Pharaon and Prague had been very nice and even offered to show her around the Jungle when she came to visit (which she needs to do sometime soon, apparently!). “Hi. I’m Zilpah. I’m a diplomat, but I wanted to know… does sister kingdom mean one would rule and the others would take orders, or is it like an actual sister thing, where they’re friends? ‘Cause if it’s the first, I don’t like it, and if it’s the second, then I think it’s alright. Everyone needs good friends.” She pauses, thinking about what the others said. “And I think I’d like to double Kreios’ question - where is the evil? What can we possibly do about it? Does it mean war? I don’t really want to go to war…”

And for good reason. Zilpah would be the world’s worst warrior.

This whole time, she’s been eyeing the puppy-sphinx, just dying to wonder if she can talk to it. Luckily, she’d managed to without a squeal of excitement when it popped up. That would have been very un-adult like.
    -------------------

Gaza accompanies his mother and sister, silent and supportive. He listens to everything the group says, but refrains from throwing in his opinion.

Seeing Kreois (the first time he’s ever seen this particular half-sibling on the other side) made him wonder… where was Kratos? And where did Dorne go? And what about Kitra and Akbar? Did he really want to stay in the Desert forever?
    She notices many new faces swarming into the crowd, though whether they are new, or just new to her, is another matter entirely. It brings a smile to her lips though, to see the desert horses thriving. Maybe there wouldn't be need to visit the field quite so frequently any more, they seem to be bringing themselves into the kingdom regardless of herding. However, that isn't what she must focus on presently. With each new face comes a new suggestion, a new answer needed. She must step up to the mark.

"Good question, where is the evil? Well, the immediate threat comes from the Amazons. They're tried here and failed, found the Deserts too strong for a quick and easy takeover like they planned. There are other kingdoms though, many in fact, that are weak in number and spirit. They may call on our help - should we abandon them if they do? Despite our numbers? Perhaps alone we are weak, yes. Right now, I agree, we are in no state to fight. However, I doubt that if we went to battle, we would go without friends,"

The words ring over her with a heavy heart. The last thing they could accuse Pevensie of being is a warmonger. Rather, she has often refused to join in battles. However, she is no longer just another mare in another kingdom. She is tasked to lead one, to guide it. If everyone was a Pevensie, if everyone used morals to turn the other cheek, who would stand up for the helpless?

(icky. but done!)

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

The remnants of my family arrive in a flurry – Yael and Zilpah and Gaza – and I turn to look at them curiosly. I have always been a little distant from them (mothe’rs warnings had not gone unheard) but they have always seemed gentle, gentle in a way that I’d like to be but never could. Zilpah speaks up, and though I am listening to her questions, I am also still paying attention to Camrynn, who has not yet answered my question.

I nod along as Zilpah echoes my sentiment of discovering where the evil is before attempting to stomp it out. One could pound their way across half the desert and never successfully squash a scorpion if they didn’t know where to look.

Pevensie attempts to answer their questions but her replies do nothing to clear the confusion. “You’re saying the Amazons are the evil we have to stand against?” I ask, clearly concerned. The Amazons have been our ally for my entire life – I cannot imagine our kingdoms separated. “They’ve dissolved our alliance then?” That would be the only reason I can fathom behind why our new queens have named the Amazons as the evil that we, as a shield, must protect. Pevensie speaks of going to war, to protect those in need, but who? Who is in need?

“You are not making any sense.” I finally say, and this time my attention is focused solely on the little queen. She has been the last one to speak, the last one to muddle the situation even more, and so it is on her that I focus. Though I know better (have been taught better) than to contradict a monarch, I have just discovered that I am equally unable to give in to twisted logic. “We should fight to defend those that haven’t called for help against a threat that has not actually threatened them?”

I frown, look to Yael, who has always been the epitome of diplomacy to me, and then to Zilpah who has rank to prove her skills there as well. Shaking my horned head, I look between Camrynn and Pevensie, and ask the question that has been lingering on my tongue since I had first asked about Camrynn’s response to the Amazonian offer. “Are you looking for a reason to go to war against the Amazons?” and then, because I might as well go all the way, I add: “Because first I want to hear what Camrynn told the Amazons when they asked her to compete for the Crown. Then, maybe, we can decide.”

so you wanna play with magic?
    "I told them I would compete." she answers evenly, without hesitation, her eyes unwavering on Kreios'. "But when I stood before the gods of the Deserts in the crown competition, I did not represent the Amazons. And I've sworn to those gods, on pain of losing what I love most, that I will serve the Deserts faithfully." her tones are calm, straightforward, gently confident. She looks around to all the horses assembled. "If ever I break that vow, if ever I stray from helping the Deserts, dethrone me or kill me. I won't resist." She states it simply, honestly, truthfully. And she means it – what is death or mutiny in the face of what she's sworn to the gods? If they strip her of her magic, she'll want to die anyway.

"If I had not agreed to help Scorch, she would've been that much likely to pick someone else, someone more loyal, someone who wouldn't have thought twice about entering the competition and competing under the Amazons' name. I know at least one other competitor who did that." she refers to Shahrizai, picking his memories from the wind easily, knowing how he'd been eliminated in the first round. If it hadn't been her, she does not doubt that it would have been another. One of Scorch's other children, perhaps. "And this is not the only kingdom where the Amazons – well, Scorch, really – has sent someone to rule. In the Tundra, Scorch's son Simeon has been sent to rule alongside their new king." there is no advanced knowledge here; she's simply picking at the fragments of conversations held many miles away, discussions between brothers with no cloak of secrecy. Words are wind, especially from the north. "The Tundra has declined to elevate him immediately, and will instead have him work his way up the ranks."

She pauses then. "And if any of you have further questions for me, about my role, about why I agreed to compete, about why I've won, please, just ask me. I have nothing to hide." It is true. She is herself, honest before them, no illusion to color her, nothing but the true black mare she was born as. Her magic is like a constant cloak wrapped around her, but for them it is no cloak of invisibility, no shroud, no mask. It is transparent, and it is a weapon she can use for their benefit.

"The Amazons have not dissolved the alliance." she moves right along, answering Kreios' question. "In fact, they're very keen on maintaining it." A life-size image of Scorch appears, an exact illusion replica of the conversation they'd had with the mare. (OOC note: copy-pasting directly from Scorch's speech during their diplomatic convo, cause ~*~MAgIc!~*~)

"My proposal, at its clearest, is this: an alliance founded on a decade of goodwill made even stronger by Pevensie, a solely Desert monarch, myself, a solely Amazonian monarch, with Camrynn as the binding tie. A Desert-Amazon. The Amazons would offer the bulk of our strength in times of trial for the Deserts, and we would expect the same from you. We would offer complete honesty, in exchange for complete honesty. In this way, we would make decisions best for the both of us. As I said, I am seeking a united front which will raise both of our kingdom’s strength.” She chuckles. ”And while the Jungle can only claim to having one very come-and-go magician, I promise you that our lack of such members will not make us a weak link.”

The image fades away. "That is what Scorch offers us. Not allies, but sister kingdoms." she speaks dispassionately, not betraying any opinion she might have on the issue. "I do not believe I can be the binding tie that she speaks up, as I am no Desert-Amazon, but her offer seems to stand despite that." She takes a breath. "As to whether it is a relationship of equals, or a subkingdom by another name, I can only tell you what Scorch has said. You know the circumstances – some of you," she looks to Romek "have seen how Scorch expressed these terms to us. While there is no doubt she has every right to be upset because I am not the Amazons loyalist she wished me to be, if my Deserts loyalty bothers her so much, would any sister-kingdom relationship be truly one of equals? Or would she become upset with the Deserts if we did not do exactly as the Amazons said?" A pause. "Why do you need a Deserts-Amazon to solidify a sisterhood? And why send one without a discussion with the current monarch first? Why not simply…ask?" Her question is rhetorical, her velvet voice quietly confident. There is nothing frantic or passionate in her tones, just as she had been in the meeting with Scorch, Camrynn is once again the voice of reason.

She is silent for a moment, looking to all of them. "When I asked about evil, I meant evil wherever we find it, not any specific kingdom within Beqanna. Are the Amazons evil? That's not something that I can decide on my own. Our kingdom, as a whole, must decide what is evil and what is not. Pevensie and I may be the rulers, but our power comes from your trust, and the blessing of the gods of the Desert." she pauses, her words plain and honest, looking to each of them as she speaks.

" And so, I would ask for a vote." Her eyes turn a deep blue as she looks between all of them. "We have an immediate choice to make in our relationship with the Amazons. As I see it, we may accept their offer of a sister kingdom, we may offer to continue the alliance, but decline the sisterhood, or we may break ties completely." She pauses. "If we offer anything less than sisterhood, there is no guarantee that the Amazons will accept it."

This moment, perhaps, is what makes them a light kingdom. This fact that they are seeking the opinions of their people, that they are not simply deciding unilaterally, perhaps this is what sets them apart from all the rest. "The Amazons are waiting for our answer. Every opinion is welcome, especially alternative suggestions."

"But please, everyone, vote your opinion."
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery