• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Quickly now!
    I wonder what it was like to be a king or queen in the old days, waving with your right hand and wearing fourty-five or maybe one hundred different rings a day. Not to mention the crown, or the clothes. One could develop rheumatism from all that waving and jewelry wearing. The Romans knew how to get it done, that’s for sure, one hundred and fifty years of war to call yourself Caesar! But I’m no history book. War has been around forever, always recorded by historians and written by the winners. Even the saxons can claim their bloody conquest, tromping around on uncultivated land and cutting down truly lawless habitats to build new civilizations.

1 FROM 1 KINGDOM
    Slipped my mind, and I should've mentioned this earlier: the steal is for a full year's captivity
    Stopping Magnus from Mast in heavens gates
    Incorrect.

Quote:I wonder what it was like to be a king or queen in the old days, waving with your right hand and wearing fourty-five or maybe one hundred different rings a day. Not to mention the crown, or the clothes. One could develop rheumatism from all that waving and jewelry wearing. The Romans knew how to get it done, that’s for sure, one hundred and fifty years of war to call yourself Caesar! But I’m no history book. War has been around forever, always recorded by historians and written by the winners. Even the saxons can claim their bloody conquest, tromping around on uncultivated land and cutting down truly lawless habitats to build new civilizations.

king or queen : RH, an abbreviation meaning "Royal Highness"
    right hand : RH, an abbreviation meaning "Right Hand"
    forty-five: 45, the atomic number for Rhodium, RH
    rheumatism: RH
    Romans, one hundred and fifty: Y is the Roman numeral for 150
    RHY

War being recorded by historians: google search LAGERTHA first hit reveals her name being recorded by Saxo, a historian
    saxons: Saxo, again reference to LAGERTHA
    LAGERTHA

uncultivated land: google search JUNGLE, first wiki hit etymology reveals jungle as a sanskrit word meaning, "uncultivated land"
    truly lawless: same google search, same wiki page, as metaphor meaning situations that are "truly lawless".
    JUNGLE

So, stealing Rhy from Lagertha of the Jungle for a one year captivity. Successful?
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    Well seeing as I still have an extra day - 3 days from the 22 is the 25th, at 330 pm, I can still block this, right?

Blocking Rhy from Lagertha of the Jungle. Also the Roman number for 150 is CL.

king or queen : RH, an abbreviation meaning "Royal Highness"
    right hand : RH, an abbreviation meaning "Right Hand"
    forty-five: 45, the atomic number for Rhodium, RH
    rheumatism: RH
    Romans, one hundred and fifty: Y is the Roman numeral for 150
    RHY

War being recorded by historians: google search LAGERTHA first hit reveals her name being recorded by Saxo, a historian
    saxons: Saxo, again reference to LAGERTHA
    LAGERTHA

uncultivated land: google search JUNGLE, first wiki hit etymology reveals jungle as a sanskrit word meaning, "uncultivated land"
    truly lawless: same google search, same wiki page, as metaphor meaning situations that are "truly lawless".
    JUNGLE

Blocking for these reasons
    Well, I was under the impression that once someone made a guess, if it was incorrect, that you could immediately post asking for a judge but I guess that was not the case!

Thanks so much for clearing that up so quickly Sarah! Big Grin
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    Calcifer was likely referring to the Wikipedia article for Roman numerals. Though now considered incorrect, there was a time in Medieval history in which Y represented 150.
    (02-24-2016, 09:31 PM)Krys Wrote: Calcifer was likely referring to the Wikipedia article for Roman numerals. Though now considered incorrect, there was a time in Medieval history in which Y represented 150.

Thanks Krys <3
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    It was so good. I was stumped and my guess would not have been Rhy. Great job! ?
    I'm pretty sure that other people can still guess, if they are blocking for a different kingdom. Since someone made a block for the gates, no one else can block for the gates, but someone can still block for the Jungle.