• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

chasing the sun {Kataclysm/ ANY}
    Kalamity
    IT'S THE LIFE I CHOOSE

she had to go back and get her child that was something that she couldn't screw up on. Kirin didn't deserve to keep her. He would mistreat her. Kalamity knew as much as she couldn't love the child at least she wouldn't beat the girl. Wasn't her fault after all.

Sneaking through the cove and making a mad dash to the Amazons her heart pounds and her muscles quiver with fear. She has to slow down for the child but she pushes the girl to make her way as fast as she can.

Both of them are sweaty and huffing as they near the border of the hot jungle. Stiffling as always the sheen of sweaty gathers into droplets and she nickers to her sister. Hoping she would hear her and welcome her home.

Her tongue nutures the child for the first time since birth licking the foal clean of the wet heat. Nudging her to the source of nurishment. She couldn't starve the girl as much as the sensations revolted her. A mothers instinct seemed to finally be kicking in. She only hoped that Kirin wouldn't be following them here. She hoped that behind these borders they would be finally safe with her sister.

Destruction and Chaos

OOC: sorry for the crappiness of this first post. Sad

The moon above had come and gone many times, the seasons had cycled, and still there was no sign of Kalamity. The lavender mare left the forest that autumn night ready to come to the Jungle, but she never came. Katacylsm had yet again failed as a sister. She failed to go look for her sister, to see why her only real family had failed to show. Over a year she waited, over a year she accepted what was, over a year she made excuses. Almost eighteen full moons had formed above her head. slowly building until the face laughed down at her failure, eighteen times over. Had it been more? Less? The black mare with the glowing star was not sure exactly. The moon could be cruel in its relentless reminder that she and her sister had been reunited by its light and she had let her sister slip away again.

The face mocked her so, Kataclysm was glad she could hide under the canopy. What excuse do you have? Can you really call yourself a sister? You don't deserve her love...or faith in you." The face in the moon personified her inner feelings towards herself, the darkest ones that she couldn't (or wouldn't) admit to herself. At least, she could fake as if it were from the moon--not herself. The black slender mare ducked her head down, ashamed. Her excuse? A baby. A baby, that she hadn't meant to have, that she had to consider, kept her away.

Kataclysm had been wandering the forest after she left Kalamity, taking in the night and the events that had happened. She ended up running into a stallion, and well she was emotional and things happened. Then next thing she knew her sides started to swell and she popped a kid out a few months later. A colt named Wyland. He looked nothing like her except for his glowing markings. He was a blue roan- obviously from his father, slightly larger build than his mother (again taking after his father) though he was still small and lanky for now, then he had this glowing white star and snip off to the right of his nose. Go figure- she'd pass along the same mediocre traits that had disappointed her mother all those years ago. The amazon had changed since Wyland came into the picture.

Kat still hated Kirin, and she wanted desperately to go find out what had happened. But with the war so close, and the baby on the way then actually raising the colt.. it all seemed to great a risk. It was shameful, she had grown into a worry-wart. She was still plenty bold, but Kirin was known for his brutish ways and she didn't trust she could get in and out with Kalamity and her kids without harm. The Arabian mix was not the same and it had taken almost a year after her son was born for her to feel like she was returning to her old self. Those even know she wasn't quite there yet. The nights were so long, she still woke up with nightmares- often of Khaos encaging Wyland in iron, or of her horrid mother taking him away from her, as he was traited.

Tonight was no different, and this time, Wyland nuzzled her trying to comfort her. She hated that she could hide how uneasy the nights had become for her. War, guilt for her sister.... it was too much. Kat kept to herself now, basically since ever since her initiation-- the tattoos no longer fresh down her right ear, neck and shoulder. Kat leaned into Wyland, trying to prove the vivid dream of Khaos torturing him hadn't upset her. That was when she caught wind of a scent, familiar put not immediately blended with the surroundings. Pulling herself up from the jungle floor took more work that it should have, exhaustion still fought the adrenaline that tugged her up. "Come, stay close" Her voice was a whisper with a flicker of hope as she addressed her drowsy eyed son. The war was mostly over, and the jungle was rather secure, but it didn't hurt to be cautious. Wyland just looked at her curious, and followed.

Kat moved slowly back to the main area, it had been early morning when she set out, working the small trail back. The trees were dense to the day was started by the time she and her son had maneuvered through the vegetation. The scent she caught in the air was stronger, and Kat lifted her nose up to better take in the smell...Kalamity. She moved faster now, trotting around, whipping her head around in frantic search of the lavender mare. The sister she so terribly didn't deserve was here, had made it to the jungle. After a minute of frantic searching, she finally saw her. Kalamity stood, with her daughter... the one Kirin had gifted her with, for want of being crass.

The black mare's heart could have exploded, she was so happy, her guilt regressing to a manageable level once more. Kalamity!!! Kataclysm's voice fell in a dramatic shriek that was half over-excited pre-teen girl at a One Direction concert and half instant-relief cry that came from the great release of built up worry and guilt. Poor Wyland was confused and jigged about not sure how to handle the scene. Kat paid him no mind- he'd get over himself, she did, however, fly to her sister's side. She skidded to stop and reached to nudge her in an excited greeting. Kat snorted and pranced, she was filled with such joy, for a time she didn't recall she had left her sister alone with Kirin. She would remember soon, but for now, it was all excitement. "Oh sister, you are here!! Wyland, she's here!!!" She didn't think to introduce or explain, awash with emotion (something that was also new after the baby- outward displays of emotion).

She took a step back and took in the scene, Kalamity, and her daughter. Seeing the daughter, the one that would have had to be the one Kirin" gifted" she brought the reality crashing down. Kat visibly shrank under the weight of her guilt and disappointment in herself. She could make herself look at the sweet lavender mare, she didn't deserve her kindness. "I should have come to get you sooner...when you didn't show up....you deserve a more brave sister. Not one that shrank into a shell of herself just because she got knocked up." She lifted her eyes just enough to catch her expression, ready to take her lashings.

{ Kataclysm }

Me and God? We don't get along well.

ooc: So timeline wise... since Kat had a baby, and Kalamity had one and is preggers with another/ just had other...i think it makes sense to say they were separated for a long while, for some reason? I'll edit if you don't agree, of course, just let me know. I'd usually PM you and ask, but I had some a cornucopia of muse suddenly and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd take advantage Smile I also didn't mean to write so much. it just happened. :|
    Kalamity
    IT'S THE LIFE I CHOOSE

It had been so long, in her determination to be in and out she had forgotten just how loud a deaf foal could be. She didn’t understand what was going on. In her desire to simply rest the filly had given away their little escape. Kirin had come, he had punished her in that weird way of getting on her back once more. She couldn’t understand that she was once again pregnant only that she was fat… again it was a hell of an annoying thing to happen.
    She had tried and tried and tried, but every time that stallion got in her way. Until the day he realized that the foal was deaf. And just like that she wasn’t important anymore. She couldn’t realize that it was the war that had led him away from their little family group. That his attentions where focused on the bloody battles that she had no idea about.
    No, but she took the advantage anyways. She was more than grateful to have it. Then there it is. The sweet voice of her sister ringing on the air. She nickers back knees pulling up in a delighted half rear. She couldn’t contain herself, her sister her home. Charging forward she meets her sisters steps, returning every single nudge with a loving one of her own.
    Her sister was ok! They still had a chance. The gods didn’t hate them. At least for the moment. Kataclysm, you could not help it. We both seem to have a bundle keeping us busy. It would not have been safe for him. Kirin was watching all of the mares. One has broken wings because she tried to escape. I am just glad that he didn’t see me escape this time. First time.. Well that’s how I ended up fat again. She frowned looking to her belly for a minute before looking back to her sister. He’s beautiful sister. I am glad you did not come, I don’t know what I would have done if he hurt you or your child.
    She looks to her own child, This is Arkane. She is deaf. She wickers her love to her sister again nudging her velvet nostrils into her ebony neck.

Destruction and Chaos
    Arkane
    Kirin x Kalamity
    She didn’t understand. Wind left her throat in a frustration towards the woman. She couldn’t hear to know that her life was in danger. The dark purple child only wanted her warm afternoon nap. No one had bothered her that day. Only one to come close to touching her was Kalamity. But even she had left the filly to sleep. Now though…. Now someone was bothering. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of that. The other foals especially. Often times she was left bloody and bruised from their kicks.
    They would get into her vision so close that it hurt her eyes. She would feel sick from trying to follow the circles they made around her. And if she fought back… well there was always someone larger there to take the other bullies sides. Finally she as a yearling was taken from the sandy beaches, and the salty air. Now it was warmer. This couldn’t please her more. The colors around them were vibrant as mother and child traveled through the lush greenery. Then the lavender lady takes off.
    It seemed to be the happiest that she had seen the woman since ever she could remember. Her head cocks to the side and her wobble around like an airplanes. What was going on? Then there is a foal. She stands solid in her place no desire to move closer to the trio and the foal. He was as big if not bigger than herself.
    Muscles quiver as they coil ready to run or fight depending on the first opportunity. She stands stock still fear clutching at her soul. The colors, and smells around her lost to the gut wrenching anticipation of another kick. Another bruise. A hateful look. Sharp teeth. She tucks herself into her mother’s side as they look to her once more.
    She was the outsider. She was always outside of what was going on. Clearly something big was happening. But this was nothing in her world of silence. For all she knew they could be telling her how ugly she is. But she doesn’t know and that was exactly the problem. They would stare, they would bite, they would lash out, because she was not a part of their world.

to behold the gods as they dance, and listen as they spoke