• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Any)
    so watch me close as i unveil -
    you are the heart and i am the nail.

Two more arrive behind the silver girl, attracted by the commotion. One – a fully grown mare amongst children – holds a stick in her mouth before tossing it on the ground before her and introducing it. Ea has not seen much outside of her Jungle-world, but she has seen enough to know that carrying around and treasuring a stick is more than unusual. Ea’s eyes change subtly to a green with curiosity as she examines the mare. She – Girr – was about the same size as Ea’s mother, Scorch, but much stockier. Her first thought was that this was a trick of some sort – a test, perhaps, that her mother sent for her – but upon further inspection, Ea was pretty sure that this was just a mare who was a bit strange. The red and white girl approaches Girr and the stick, inspecting it. “It’s a stick,” Ea says, a bit rudely, though not on purpose, “why should it have a name?”

The boy who approaches, Ramiel, seems to be already familiar with Joscelin. They are siblings, perhaps, or just live in the same kingdom, though Ea does not share their familiarity with any of the foals in the Jungle. She has seen them around, of course, but she generally does not approach others, and most of her time in the Jungle is spent training with her mother.

It is obvious to Ea that the red and white filly is boisterous and outgoing, while the black and gold colt is more reserved; more like Ea. She appreciates this, knowing that most foals are similar to Joscelin, running around and playing games. She had never learned to play games but also never cared to; she preferred to spend her free time alone, and most of her other time was spent making pleasant conversation with older people, which suited her fine.

“So are you from anywhere?” She asks the three, making pointless small talk. “I’m from the Amazons. This is actually my first time in the Meadow,” she admits, looking around at the large groups standing amongst the high grass.

Messages In This Thread
    I Don't Suffer From Insanity... - by Girr - 04-12-2015, 09:01 PM
    RE: There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Any) - by Ea - 04-22-2015, 10:48 AM