• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian
    have i been lost? inside myself and my own mind
    hypnotized; mesmerized by what my eyes have seen

It happens all so quickly.

Where she had at once been lured into the comfort of the forest thicket with the soft hum of bees and the gentle chirps of the various avians that nested above, it was now replaced with the deafening, heart-stopping roar that echoes behind her. She turns her head to look just in time, dropping her petite frame closer to the ground as she shimmies frantically away from the massive, talon-equipped paw that strikes out at her. She cannot muffle a squeal; though she manages to dodge imminent death, her dark hide of silver and black is now marred with streaks of blood that slowly pulsates and seeps onto the surface of her pelt. He had managed to maim her, but only slightly, and the adrenaline within her surged.

She tucked herself away between two tightly knit pines, seeking a way out - she could not fly; she knew if she tries she could get caught in the branches - she could run, but the grizzly's angry, fiery eyes told her he would pursue. Her wide doe eyes stare at him, frightened, her heart pounding tumultuously in her chest and that is when she sees a change in his eyes. The aggressive melted away, replaced with what she would almost describe as glee (as thought she did not know it, he was certainly happy to be back in control of himself). She tucks her obsidian wings closer to her body, recoiling away from him as his voice shifts from one of ferocity to one of friendly kindness. She stares at him, in awe but also in disdain. 

His grin unnerves her, and she finds herself balking at his presence. He had just been lunging at her and now, here he was, his voice casual and silky smooth. It sent a shiver down her spine - she could not deny that she was intrigued, but the adrenaline coursed through her veins as she stared hard at him. She had never seen anything like him; nor had she ever come across a heaving, monstrous bear in such close proximity. And to have it speaking to her? Having been nurtured by some of the most brutal in the land, she was slowly growing a thicker skin, and though her childlike mind was surfacing and she was desperate to ask him every question she could, she watched him indignantly and with a haughtiness she had seen others do but she had not yet attempted herself.

"You could have killed me - you tried to kill me; why should I tell you my name? What is wrong with you?!"

She could still feel the faint tickling sting of the faint scratch marks on her hide. She felt trapped; caught between thick foliage and a massive, bipolar bear that would surely attempt to slice her in half at any moment.

Misra

immortal winged child of silver cove

Messages In This Thread
    hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-06-2016, 03:19 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-07-2016, 05:14 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-09-2016, 12:39 AM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-13-2016, 09:26 PM