• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian
    have i been lost? inside myself and my own mind
    hypnotized; mesmerized by what my eyes have seen

Finally, she listens, and though there is still a part of her that remains wary, she soon grows tired of the tension rolling between her shoulders as she allows herself to ease considerably. He moves away from her and maintains a distance that is comforting to her, and slowly, she begins to lower herself to the ground. Her forelimbs tuck themselves gently beneath the weight of her chest plate and her hind legs delicately fold as well. She has grown tired from the abrupt rush of adrenaline and it leaves her mentally and physically exhausted. Though she was stubborn, her youth certainly counted against her stamina - and being terrorized by an aggressive bear was undoubtedly stressful.

She is quiet for a long moment, her ears gently twisting and turning as the forest thicket begins to fill with the soft chirps of the crickets and the gentle coo of avians nesting above her head. She focuses only on him, but she takes it all in - the caress of the gentle, still icy evening breeze as the sun begins to set, the way the distant waves lap at the shore in a rhythmic motion, the way that he seems to lose himself in thought with a furrowed brow. She observes, but listens still. She is not distracted; simply immersed. He looks to her after concluding his monologue with an inquiry, and her doe-eyed gaze meets his.

Studying him for a long moment, she surrenders to her own discomfort as she turns her slender neck, gently preening her own silvery feathers with her teeth. In between her nestling, nuzzling and primping, she speaks.

"Is it me ..? You .. I mean, that thing - the bear - it wanted to kill me. It didn't pull back; you did." She eyes him pointedly now. Though she was young, she was more mature than her time on earth foretold. Her life thus far had not been easy, and she had been exposed to much living among incestuous murderers. She still had so much she did not understand, but she had come to understand more than her share. "Maybe you have more control of it than you think. You just need the right motivation. You have to keep trying. I mean, if you hadn't .. I might not be here right now."

Misra

immortal winged child of silver cove

Messages In This Thread
    hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-06-2016, 03:19 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-07-2016, 05:14 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-09-2016, 12:39 AM
    RE: hypnotized; mesmerized. » siberian - by Misra - 03-13-2016, 09:26 PM