• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

mister sandman, give me a dream; anyone

'cause i understand you've been running from the man they call mr. sandman.

The day was one full of bright sunshine and soft breezes as Adrie made her way into the meadow. It had been a long morning full of exploring the surrounding forest and finally she had grown bored. With confident steps she made her way towards the creek staring out at the mountains at the slow building storm. She knew eventually it would reach the meadows but that it would be a while and so she had time to do what she set out for.

It was time finally to practice the gift the gods had blessed her with. the itch to design and create was growing inside of her. On the soft breeze dancing around her, small wisps of sand twisted and turned, brushing against her soft coat in an almost loving and tender caress. The peaceful feeling that had filled her caused her to unintentionally call for the bits of sand that had blew in from the south where the deserts lay in all their glory. Without a care in the world she smiled to herself as she caught sight of the sandy banks of the large river running through the meadows.

Quickening her pace she stepped lightly through the tall grasses before finally stepping onto the sand. As all four hooves met with the sand she came to a complete stop and looked out over the river. With a soft and content sigh she closed her eyes and began to block out the surrounding noises around her. With deep concentration she felt the goosebumps rise on her skin as her gift came partially to life and the top layers of sand only a few feet infront of her began to shift and then swirl as it rose delicately into the air.

As the minutes passed, more and more sand began to swirl together before finally shooting forward towards the very edge of the bank. As the sand danced elegantly together she closed her eyes tighter making sure to allow the sand to skim lightly against the surface in order to moisten before pulling it back towards her. The added weight made it more difficult to move the sand and it took every ounce of concentration to keep it from being lost.

with a deep sigh she willed herself more, causing her gift to intensify and strengthen. It was then the sand shot back to being only a few feet infront of her once more before beginning to form tightly together. shape after shape, etch after etch, she felt her breathing become slightly heavier. it was only when she knew the sand had fully formed the image in her mind that she opened her eyes and let out a loud sigh. looking down she caught sight of the beautifully designed creation made of sand - a sea turtle. It was atleast three feet by four feet wide and the sand around it had formed to look as though it were swimming through waves.

mesmerized by it, she continued to stare and never once did it cross her mind that someone may have seen. her mother, marjorie, had always taught her that her gift was never something she should be ashamed of and to never fear the greed or fear it may bring out amongst those who witnessed her gift in action. Never was she to fall pray to being taken advantage by others who wanted to use her in a situation that could harm others. In other words, Marjorie had made sure that Adrie didn't turn out to be like Adrie's father lokii.

after a while was when she noticed the slight exhaustion the creation had brought on and she knew deep down she would need to work on building her strength and her stamina. Otherwise larger practices would wipe her out entirely, and something too large she somehow knew could even potentially kill her. And with everything she had she knew that was something she would need to avoid. and practice was exactly what this sea turtle was for her. one day she knew she would be using her gift for bigger and better things. what they were she just wasn't sure yet.

secretly though she hoped someone had seen her little performance and would come to investigate so that she could show off the little sea turtle before the storm rolled in and washed it away. it was so beautiful and she felt it should be shared with any curious eye that wished to look upon it and enjoy the beautiful piece of work.

original html by strells, edited by taz | character by taz
    I’ve been coming to the Meadow more often of late. Perhaps it’s because I am bored with my life, or perhaps it’s to gather information. I would rather not take the time to determine the difference between the two, mostly because I am afraid that it is the former. Today, there are few horses about despite the warm fall weather. I am down to the creek for a drink, but am quickly distracted by the display of sand and wind a few dozen meters downstream.

“That’s very pretty,” I say, craning my neck as I approach to look at it from a different angle. “You’re very good at that.” I’m not entirely sure what ‘that’ is ,but I presume it’s an extension fo whatever trait she might have. I’m familiar with traits; my family has them, both the easily seen and those better hidden beneath a normal appearance. I occasionally forget my own spiraling horns, though I can always see them from the corner of my eyes. Father had given them to me so that I would be a better warrior, but I’ve never made use of them. He would be disappointed, I am sure, but I no longer have to worry about that.

“You’re Adrie, right?” I say, looking back at the white-haired mare. “I remember you from the meeting. I’m Kreios.” For all my humble nature, I do hope that she remembers me. I know that I am not hard to miss, not with my size and coloring. I smile easily, my hazel eyes warm. She might not be a new person to meet, necessarily, but she is someone that I do not really know. That is all I need, after all. “What brings you to the Meadow today?”