• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Question re Trait Genetics
    Hey all, so I've been looking around the trait genetics thread and I think I get all of it EXCEPT the whole 'player designated non-genetic trait' thing. 

What does this mean and how does it affect the trait's genetics? I get that it's because there can only be 4 traits on the genetics code, but from what I read there's still a chance of these non-genetic traits getting passed on, so I don't get what's going on there lol.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it has something to do with the way the officers roll for traits when determining baby stats, and the likelihood the goal will inherit a trait. It's still technically possible to inherit non genetic traits, it's just less probable. Something like 12.5% probability. I think the theory behind it is that because traits are in the DNA, non-genetic traits don't make sense. Everything is inheritable. Including carried traits that may skip a generation or so. But I don't roll stats, so maybe the officers can elaborate on that?

Did I get everything else right/did that help? Smile
    Lagertha & Wessex
    What Sarah said. Basically, those traits works the same way regular non-genetic traits work. A foal can inherit that trait, and they will inherit it as a genetic trait (or they can carry the trait). But the chances of inheriting/carrying the trait are less than a genetic trait.

Hopefully that made sense. Genetics are not my skill, lol.