• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There is Strength in Numbers - [Lillex; Any]
    Jedi slowly walked to the entrance of the falls.  He has been gone for the evening helping the mare who was using him for support survive. Leaning on him was Layali, a mare he found while out in the forest. The mare still in pain, bleeding and covered in marks left by a wild cat. He was amazed the mare made the journey to the falls as well as she did. 

"Layali we are at the falls, you can now rest. We will protect you. " Jedi gave a whinny hoping to grab the attention of those in the kingdom. He scanned the horizon hoping the golden vixen Ashara would appear. He was consistently thinking of her and wondered were she was. He turned his attention back to the injured appaloosa "Do you need anything?" He inquired attempting to relax the mare.
    soft
    soothing
    sensitive

Lillex was
    slightly impressed
    with the males overall
    demeanor.

He was a 
    b l e s s i n g 
    in a time of 
    w e a k n e s s.

The falls he called it.
    His home she assumed.
    She was sure there were
    beautiful sights to behold here
    but her eyes could not focus
    her brain could not focus 
    still.

He asked if she needed
    anything and all she could do
    was shake her head no. 

There was nothing more
    he could do for her
    it would simply take
    t i m e.

She wasn't sure how long
    this strangers kindness would last.
    She was left at the mercy of him and his
    harem.

The palomino vixen recognized Jedi’s call despite never hearing it before. There was urgency in that tone, urgency that was reflected in her 4-beat pace. Her sturdy structure made maneuvering uneven terrain at high speeds an easy task. The call came from the main entrance and as the sight of her painted warrior came into view her pace did not falter. The stench of iron thick blood as strong as a freshly killed carcass, the figure of the almost lifeless appaloosa initiated a scream of her own. She called for the royals because an injury like this would require more skill than the two students had. She skidded to a stop an pivoted beside the mare so they were side by side. She and Jedi were a brace, a crutch on either side of the damsel. Over the femme’s head Ashara found the warrior’s eyes. Their concern matched. ”To the Falls.” She instructs him although he probably had the same plan. ”We will heal you.” Her words confident and assuring to the injured. As long as they could get her to the healing liquid she would find relief.

Wherever I am, is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Jedi watched as Lillex was still out of it. The mare was not fully there mentally, and needed more time to make a recovery. He was terrified this mare would not last long enough to recover. Lillex shook her head no to his request of help. He gave a sigh and just wanted her to be healed by there leaders. He knew she did not want to be healed by the magic and he would not go against her wish.

Shortly after Ashara answered his worrisome call. The gold mare was instantly in shock and worried when she layed eyes on the injured appaloosa. He couldn't blame her, Lillex was in horrible condition and it was amazing this mare was able to make the journey from the meadows to the Falls. Ashara was quick to suggest the lake that has been said to have healing powers but he gave a stomp of his leg. "No, she does not want the lakes powers to help her, I have already asked her about it." the stallion said softly but effectively. "All she wants is comfort and protection, there is nothing we can do but hope she recovers." the stag spoke the truth. It is rare that a horse in this condition would recover, the lake that holds powers would be the smartest move but he would respect the mares wishes. 

Jedi moved away from the mares and gave another whinny loud enough to ring around the Falls entrance. He hoped that one of the royals would hear him and come, perhaps if they talked to Lillex they could convince her to be healed by the water. If not it would be a long road of recovery for Lillex. He trotted back to Lillex's side and gave a nuzzle on her shoulder letting her know he was still there.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

The call was loud, a deep baritone with trembling edges. Like a thick pine tree with shallow roots. Ygritte had been tending to the twins as they had started to squabble over who's spot was who's until Ygritte had to simple draw a line in the dirt and instruct the girls to stay on their respective sides...but that wouldn't last for long.

The delicate skull snaps to attention at the sound of Jedi's voice. Polls flick back to the twins (who were now mid-biting and hair pulling) and Ygritte is moving blindly, full gallop to meet the frantic call. Bits of wildflowers catching the wind as the coal tresses stream like a banner for a shield maiden.

It seems like mere seconds that the bay mare is upon the small group. Jedi is the first she meets as salmon limbs dig deep to halt her motion, amber pools looking to the form of a heavily bloodied carcass-no horse! The woman immediately moves passed Jedi, passed Ashara. Light cocoa depths watch for life in the eyes of the damaged mare.

Sides are heaving, slightly.
    There is blood. Too much blood.
    The mare stood but not for much longer.

"Woman, you will not die today." Her words are hard but her expression is soft. The queen mare would see to it that this broken creature would live and heal whether it was by choice or by force. Should the appaloosa pass out, the bay female had full intentions of dragging the dying woman right into the depths of the waterfall's base then walking her back out the same way they came in. Amber pools stare relentlessly into the appaloosa's. Ygritte was gifted with the ability to shift to a hippocampus and would be able to support the torn woman in the water without the fear of drowning. "We can help you. Let us do so." The tone was low but solid as she gave more of an order rather than a suggestion.

Ygritte.
    Golden-
    she was locked on 
    golden tresses
    of the first maiden
    to arrive.

She gave a 
    weak smile
    trying to prove
    she would 
    be just fine.

She sort of wished
    she could be left
    alone.

Then another
    voice, a more
    demanding voice
    cracked against her
    skull.

She did not
    have the energy
    to show her 
    displeasure at
    this moment.

All those eyes are her
    made the spotted
    vixen uncomfortable
    to the nth degree.

She looked up
    at the demanding 
    voice, it struck a chord,
    it dug into her 
    brain and took her
    to a place she did not 
    want to be.

"I have said it
    before and I will
    say it again. I will 
    be just fine, now 
    please stop making
    such a big deal. 
    Have you all never
    seen the wounded
    heal through natures 
    course before? Yes,
    it is painful but the
    bleeding has stopped.
    I will live."

Her answer was sharp
    and to the point. She 
    knew they were trying 
    to look out for her best
    interest but she did not
    have it in her to be cordial
    at the moment. 

Maybe she would make
    it up to them later but for
    now she just wished to
    linger half out of reality.

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Her thoughts of this foreign face waver lightly at the blatant refusal for treatment. It is the spotted woman's choice as to heed their advice and so Ygritte would honor the wish. Visage slips from the half-dead mare to those of Ashara and Jedi's. She was unsure with whom had arrived with the unnamed female but deep inside she hoped they would look after her.

Attention flicks back to the appaloosa and she nods slightly, concern still present in the amber depths but she moves away from the kroovy spackled form. The stranger does not realize she is in the best of care between Jedi and Ashara. A small smile manages to tangle over the salmon hued lips as the mare lightly bumps against each equine in thanks for their attentiveness before moving off to check on the twins. Kreios could be along potentially to answer the call of Jedi but there was not much else Ygritte could do.

Ygritte.

Jedi watched with joy as the queen was quick to take over and heal Lillex. He hoped that she would allow Ygritte to heal her, although to his surprise Lillex said no. His eyes were filled with sad, he was afraid for the appaloosas life. Yrgitte had no choice but to respect the mares wishes and she began to wonder off, most likely to be with her foals. Jedi gave a dip of his head to thank the queen for coming to his call.

It was obvious that Lillex was getting stressed out with all the horses coming to her side, she did just want to rest and heal on her own. He backed up himself to give the mare her space. He refused to leave her alone, no matter how much she pushed him away. "I will give you your space, although I will be right here if you need me." the stag spoke softly, but loud enough that Lillex could hear him. He turned his head to Ashara and gave a smile that the mare also came to his call. He eyes turned back to the appaloosa who he would stay by until she healed. He lowered his head and began clipping on the grass at his hooves. Lillex would not be doing much for a while so he might as well fill his stomach while he watches her.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

Well that’s dumb she thought when Jedi instructed the woman didn’t want to be healed. Why not? It seemed foolish. She either liked pain or the attention and Ashara would have none of either. No one came to her rescue when she half starved and being stalked by wolves. It’s a live or die world, why play with fire? Why risk death when recovery was within reach? It’s illogical. The golden vixen was relieved when Ygritte insisted on healing as well. She nodded in agreement her eyes pleading they drag the appaloosa there now. But Ygritte too yielded and Ashara’s anger grew. It was not fair to the pinto who was quick to rescue the damsel in distress, why put him through emotional hell when he would willingly dode on her if she was healthy. He was a caring sort and becoming a friend, now this damsel swoops in to take all his attention and make him worried. “If you truly wish to stay in pain like an insane person, then I will not stand by and feed your attention-seeking, poor me, I’m so tough façade. Good luck” She snorted and stomped away. She kinda hoped the appy would die, might teach her a lesson in denying help.

Wherever I am, is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

[OOC: sorry a little bitchy. Maybe she's in heat :p]