• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the lies i tell myself are true//offspring|brynmor|any
    all the lies I tell myself are true
    The Tundra was one of the last places the oily black mare expected to be. After the abandonment of Daey and the herd, his silky words of love to blind her, though she did not know if she loved...well, ever loved him. Typically love scorned mares when the Amazons. To turn their back on misogynistic pigs and burn their names at the stake. Soil their characters and drown their legacies.

But no.
    No, she would not do that.

Somewhere along the lines as she wandered over deserts and streams did she allow herself to do just that. Move about freely and aimlessly. The Arab blooded creature became a drifting nomad and it had suited her well over the passed year or so. The stars guided her and the sweetness of nature drove her but at times she did find herself lonely. She never had a real friend before but socialization was enough to satisfy the most basic of needs. So Dragonglass makes up her mind to settle upon the next splotch of earth she happened upon.

And that was the Tundra. Sharp talons drew the delicate frame over ice patches and loose gravel but her surefootedness overcame the challenge. She finds it almost easy to manage the crooks and nooks, moving with the agility of a mountain goat. Inky eyes search for scent or sight of another on the frozen landscape before settling in for a high call, feminine and light on the frosted atmosphere. Lobes flicker to and fro as the chiseled crown remains erected upon a slender neck. Hopefully those that met her would be receptive to a new kingdom or herd member.
    DRAGONGLASS
    covet x irk

((starter posts are weird. forgive me))
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

Although the autumn had only just settled in, mother nature had already turned the Tundra in a magical winter land. During the summer the lands would be green and reaching as far as the eye could see, but that might be a little hard to imagine if you would see the kingdom now. Brynmor didn’t mind the snow. The snow was a part of his beloved home and he had gotten used to it over the years. Just like his brothers the graying male was already prepared for the early, cold and long winter, his coat already thick to keep him warm.

That obviously isn’t yet the case for the shiny black mare that has just walked into their kingdom. He doesn’t know what it is, or how it is even possible, but lately he has found himself into the companionship of females quite often. Not that Brynmor really minds it, it was just the fact that the Tundra was supposed to the home of a bunch of bachelors – not that he still was a bachelor, but you get the idea. A lot of mares had found their way towards the icy kingdom, and this one is no different.

His blue eyes observe her as he approaches her, studying her every movement and body language. She had already passed through the ice wall, which stood among the entire southern border (and all other borders were cliffs that ended in the sea), and was now walking on the plains. Yet she had called for their attention, so Brynmor supposes that it isn’t too bad that she had already moved to meet them up front. Yet it didn’t change anything about the fact that the formerly blind stallion hated it when someone just crossed their border. The ice wall wasn’t there for nothing.

”What has brought you to the Tundra?” he greets her in his direct ways as he stops in front of her. The gray male’s head tilts a little to the side, eyeing her up and down, before meeting her gaze again. His voice hadn’t been unpleasant at all, but his words might be a little too direct. Yet it didn’t seem him right to just start chatting about nothing in particular.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

OOC: Not my best post.. I guess that monster post from yesterday stole all the muse Tongue
    head like a hole; black as your soul
    I'd rather die than give you control

The weather has eased itself onto the drying flatland, withdrawing all signs of life from previously vibrant, now brittle brush that littered the bland topography. The sky was dim, dark and brewing overhead, though there was nothing unusual about an overcast day in the north. The sky was often filled to the brim with masses of condensed water vapor, shifting and crawling across the pale horizon, always holding the threat of wet or icy cold accompaniment. He savored these days, for his taut obsidian skin was a beacon for heat and salty sweat, which often lingered in the roots of his tresses for hours. He preferred the gentle embrace of frost and chill; it was comforting to be within its grasp once again.

There is a difference in the atmosphere; the scent of another drifts across the terrain and lingers as he inhales its femininity deeply. It is not often that a female breaches their borders, but it never fails to be an entertaining venture. He steps from the shadows, having been lingering in the brush as he fell quiet in the early morning, lost in thought. He draws himself out now, no longer able to remain within the comfort of the solace of his own mind. He had to venture forth, and so he did. The sinewy muscles beneath his flesh ripple and flex as he propels himself towards the entrance of their grand kingdom, which is lacking its usual allure now (to an outsider, at least).

He loved the dreary; he loved simplicity.

He sees her figure in the distance long before he reaches her. His lumbering figure rumbles towards her, rattling and disturbing the shifting sediment beneath his massive weight as he takes in her slender, feminine features. She is as black as night, much like he is, but lacks the deeply set, pink-tinted scars that mar his coat - and the fresh white wound cast upon his left cheek. He did not have much time to linger on it, as his looming presence was soon not the only one.

Observing him with dark crimson eyes, Offspring carefully assesses Brynmor's brash words. His voice was not laced with venom, but his tone was dry and uninviting. He cannot help the growling laughter bubbling within his throat as he approaches to the left of the dappled male, his flesh is so close to his that he would perhaps feel the warmth of his body - if he had any warmth left to give. Something had changed within those caves of ice; something had shifted within him. He no longer exuded the same heat he once did, but his flesh was icy cold to the touch. He felt immune to the current weather, which was altogether bone chilling in reality, whereas once upon a time he might have flinched.

Having assumed he had simply grown immune to the cold, it was not until a disturbing burst of anger had caused spikes of ice to spout around his thick legs, stirring his imagination. He knew not his own capabilities of ice and snow, yet, and kept a tight lid on his new found power until it could be harnesses and controlled. 

"Good morning," He drawls softly, glancing between the two. He casts a smile to the coal-painted stranger, his lips curled in a single corner as he smirks at her slightly. "this is Brynmor, and I am Offspring. What can we assist you with?"

the ice king of the tundra
    OFFSPRING

Their approach does not daunt her in fact it is welcomed. The past year had been quiet wrapped in the solitude of wandering. The inky black mare had reveled in it, twisting and turning like a kitten rubbing against a stranger's shin. She had loved the freeness that had filled a place she had not know existed. The ability to run, leap and scream till her throat was dry and rough as sandpaper. She was able to lay and roll with her feet skyward and laugh and laugh. The stars were her map and the butterflies were her only friends but...

But it was time to stop running. Beqanna was only so big, so new before it dulls. Dragonglass is not ready for her world to dull so it is time to settle in a place. Mingle and socialize till the itch came again and she would go searching for herself once more. And so now before her stood a rather massive stallion, touched by scarring. He is a handsome creature despite the mars. Beside him was the first stallion to speak to the dark mare. He is ashy, the coat thick and heavy. Dragonglass shivers slightly in the cold as she does not move when they close in upon her like wolves. Pit-less pools watch and lobes flicker, catching their words first from the granite male then the ebony one.

"A pleasure to meet you both." Tones are low but feminine, like the softest velvet. "My name is Dragonglass. I have been traveling for some time...wandering really. Only a day ago I decided to settle where I found myself." A small curl of her lips follow as she fondly remembers standing beside an icy creek, gazing at deer crossing the snow thick embankment and deciding to make a home near the simplicity and peacefulness she had observed. "I suppose I am asking to see if there is room in your home." She speaks bluntly with a little consideration to her words. The mare was not sugary sweet. She did not really exude a sexpot demeanor. The mare was pretty but she did not rely on that for one damn thing. Dragonglass was there to seek a home, not be someone's whore but she shall see what happens next by the stallion's reply. The onyx minx was at their mercy.
    DRAGONGLASS
    covet x irk
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

The chill only proves to him that is Offspring, his king, who had decided to join them, but the graying man had noticed his presence long before. Brynmor’s senses were sharp, sharper than usual. They had developed themselves during the time he had been blind, as he needed them in the day to day activities to keep himself alive.  Although he could see now, it was only natural for him to rely on his other senses like he had always done. And those senses told him Offspring was near before his eyes would be able to spot the red-eyed dark figure.

In acknowledgement of Offspring’s presence he dips his head slightly, but when he reaches out to lightly press his gray lips against the male’s shoulder there is a warm smile pulling on the corners. They hadn’t known each other long, but Brynmor had grown to like the other, considering him a friend, next to a brother and the king. He doesn’t verbally reply to the black king’s greeting, but instead turns his attention to the equally as black mare that had found her way into their territory.

Brynmor offers her a small smile, dipping his head lightly in agreement with her words. He might looked a bit stiff and direct at first, but underneath that all was a kind and caring stallion. One that would do anything for his home. ”Well, you have found yourself quite up north, Dragonglass” he replies, with a smile that he cannot stop from showing upon his lips. Unlike before his voice is warmer and more welcoming, as he was even joking a slightest bit. ”The Tundra is home for everybody who wishes it to be. But what kind of home do you seek? And what do you think the Tundra would have to offer you?” he then asks, more serious but with genuine interest. After all, the Tundra wasn’t the most logical place or a mare to find her home, but she wouldn’t be unwelcome at all. The formerly blind stallion liked the presence of the other sex, even though he had already found himself a lover in Roan.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

OOC: Sorry for the long wait <3
    when you fall I'll be the only one who looks away;
    when you call I'll be the first to tell you I can't stay.

He observed her in stoic silence, his deep crimson gaze watching very flinch of a smile and glimmer in her eye as she spoke softly, yet directly. He could feel the frost seeping through his pores, encasing his muscled, scarred physique in a thin sheen of ice, and it soothes him. Though it is a bitter and unforgiving cold most of the time, the warmth of the sun was becoming too much for him to bear in the days and weeks preceding the moment he received his unusual gift - he found himself running warmer than usual, and more uncomfortable beneath the glaring heat of even the morning sun. The ice was becoming as much a part of him as bone and sinew, and it was within these quiet, still moments that he felt himself bake most prominently beneath the warm caress of the winter sun.

His head tilts slightly as he listens closely to the dappled male's words, allowing him to speak. He had been watching him closely as of late, keeping a close eye as he devotes himself as passionately as ever to the kingdom's needs. Diplomacy was his forte, this much was obvious - and though there had been a small slip-up, it had been an understandable one and Offspring held no ill-will. He appreciated having someone at his side that he could traverse with, banter with and ultimately, and most importantly, depend upon. A simple nod is usually all that is required between the two to acknowledge the other's presence and foremost thoughts.

His gaze then turns again to the obsidian female standing before him. She is lithe, slender and feminine, yet there is a glint of determination in her eye. Tradition often sought females for the mere purpose of acting as a brood mare, something he personally did not find ideal, even within the bachelor kingdom. Once upon a time, many years ago, he had held a harem of his own. A collection of females that enjoyed his company, while he enjoyed their affection - this traditional viewpoint melted away quickly upon meeting the first, albeit fleeting love, Kera. His heart still ached the thought of her and their love, which had been cut short too soon - but it was her deep adoration, loving bond and kinship that soon persuaded him that no amount of lovers could hold the same weight as a single love could.

He valued the company of the opposite sex, and saw them as companions, as allies - not as trinkets, nor as the dedicated members of a brothel. Their presence was worth so much more than that. He allows Brynmor to finish speaking, before his rough, gravelly baritone rises above the fray, echoing in the otherwise empty, thin air.

"We can offer residence, safety and comfort - though our ranks are only able to be held by the men that reside here. You are welcome to live under our protection and within our company - we do not seek to further our numbers by force, so rest assured that you will not be treated in such a manner. However, residence and company is all we have to offer you."

the ice king of the tundra
    OFFSPRING

The black mare listens to the pair, attention given directly as ear train forward. She is a smart woman, knowing to give respect where it is deserved. Pools observe the onyx stallion as the traces of discomfort before looking back to the granite male's features.

She is a polite woman. Poll dips as sooty lashes fall over the dark eyes for a moment before her gaze returns to meet both the stallion's. "A safe residence and company are all I seek." The statement is spoken without jest for perhaps this life will be better suited than what had befallen in the past herd . She offers them both a small (almost shy) smile.

She was the odd mare out here but perhaps this is what she was meant for. A simple life, quiet and unbound to no one. Perhaps Dragonglass will find a happiness here in one for or another.
    DRAGONGLASS
    covet x irk

((poopy reply. I plan to thrust her in some conversations soon so she can get to know everyone))