• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

cat scratch fever { ANY }

Finally, adult time. The black panther woman lets herself relax. Being a mother was hard work. Already her two twins were growing strong and smart, though of course, two Naga girls would be a handful...BUT, thankfully for her, her two clone fillies were milling about somewhere in the jungle. She knew they would be safe, plus they had good heads on their shoulders. No need to worry.

She takes a long walk around the kingdom, surveying every bit of it in case of intrusion. Could never be too sure these days, that is with all this war that has been plaguing the land. Though of course she could not join the war effort due to being more concerned with keeping her first children safe, deep within the loving embrace of the jungle. Naga's mind wandered, wondering if there was anything she could have done, but it was a lost cause. Though she knew she was more of a peace maker than a fighter, so there was no reason for her to charge into battle like the warrior women do. Though with her recent promotion, she knew she had to have been doing something right.

She shook her long inky mane, her green eyes gleaming. Autumn again. She knew the world outside of the jungle was going to get frigid very soon. She despised the fall and winter seasons, thanks to the lovely heat she gets all year long here. Her coat never gets thick enough to stand the Beqanna fall and winter for long periods of time. But of course, she would do anything for the jungle, even if it meant traipsing around the field for recruits in knee deep snow. But for now, she is here, in her jungle. Nice and warm, relaxed, quiet with no question filled children asking things simultaneously from either side of her...this was nice.

The panther woman wondered Lagertha was fairing in all of this warm hubub. She hoped it was not weighing on her too much, she could only imagine how difficult it must be to keep balance and peace of mind to the residents as well as keeping her guard and leading the cavalry per-say. She knew Lagertha was a strong leader, so she probably shouldn't worry too much. Though all she could do now is find out more about what is up, get more of the scoop. Motherhood makes hardly any time for kingdom drama. She knew someone would be aroudn that she could chat with, plus she needed another adult to talk to. She figured she probably sound like a foal since all her conversations have been with them.

naga

the jungle panther of atrox and shadowmere

OOC: Omg....worst Naga post I have ever written. But I really wanted to get her up here. I think it is so bad because I missed a lot of stuff that went on, so I am using her kids as plot excuse for not knowing much. I swear I will get better!! Im a bit rusty.
    YOU NEVER SAW IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, THE CRAFT THAT I PERFECTED GOT REJECTED
    AND THROWN OUT THE WINDOW WITH NO PROPER EXIT.
    I WAS HUMBLE, NOW I'M NOT AS PLEASANT. I'M DROPPING WRECKAGE ON YOUR SHADY DYNASTY.
    BITCH I'M NOT TO MESS WITH.

Draconis has been taking it easy since the sisters' return home from the battlefield, letting her energy return at its own pace. If she tried to do too much, too soon, she'd only injure herself and postpone her recovery that much longer. Today, though, she feels up to a walk, a slow and careful one however. She ventures forth from her little corner of the Jungle, minding the fallen branches, charred vines, and bodies of the unfortunate furry animals who had not survived the Lupei-inspired calamity that had struck the Jungle. There were fewer of those every day as the surviving predators carried them off, but the last thing the young mare wants to do is accidentally step or trip on the poor things, adding insult to their fatal injuries.

The star-blanketed mare shuffles along the path like a patient down a hospital corridor, lifting her hooves up higher when need to be to avoid the aforementioned obstacles. She spots, in the distance but coming closer, another mare, and decides to keep moving towards her in order to see who it might be. As the distance between them becomes narrow, she nickers with delight. She knows who this mare is. They had once played a game of hide and seek, when she was a filly. Her, and this mare, and her adoptive mother, Rhy. The memory is bittersweet in the face of all that had recently happened, as is Draconis' smile at this realization. "Hello, Naga. It's good to see you again. " Would the panther-shifter recognize this grown Sister before her, with the flower-and-dragon tattoo, know her as the little girl she had once played with?

Her displeasure was great, her favorite climbing tree was ruined, some of her beloved sisters were gone, including Rhy, a mother figure to her. She couldn't handle this, never before had she experienced a real war.

Since she was young, she always thought nothing bad would ever happen here. That the jungle was magic and protected from any harm.

She had been wrong.

Slowly she kept walking on, her head a little low now.

But a sound caught her ears, perking them up, she turned her face toward the sound. A dark shadow approached, at first she got tense, swishing her tail ready for might jump out of the haze. But her guard was easily dropped when relief swept over her being.

Draconis.

Our dark panther woman had not felt so much joy. When the dark yet uniquely marked young mare came her way and asked her if Naga had remembered her.

Despite the dreary surroundings, Naga couldn't help but smile and let out a light laugh. Of course she remembered. This was Rhy's adopted daughter. Naga would never forget any child raised by someone she considered a mother as well. She trotted forward a step, reaching her muzzle out to nuzzle at the now grown Draconis.

Her voice slipped through dark lips, a sound of relief.

"Oh Draconis! How you have grown! I would never forget you my young sister. I am so glad you are ok!"

She was truly relieved. Knowing Rhy was not anywhere to be found so far, she was getting nervous as to find out any other sisters she held dear were gone or missing. But, Draconis was not one of those. Thank goodness.

Our big kitten let our a purr, her motherly instinct kicking in and she checked Draconis all over, her voice had a hint of loving concern.

"Are you hurt? No scratches? Or cuts? Or bruises? I am so glad you are ok! You know, if there were more trees and foliage we could play hide and seek again."

She tried to brighten the mood, reminiscing about the young mare's foal years, the days when she too was still young and naive herself. She only just realized how much she had grown up, how much she matured over the past few years.

She wondered how much Draconis has in common with her younger self. She always liked the young star spangled mare, and until they find Rhy, Naga felt she should keep a little eye on Draconis. Just in case.

Oh Naga, you big softy, such a poor excuse for a predatory cat!

naga

the jungle panther of atrox and shadowmere

YOU NEVER SAW IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, THE CRAFT THAT I PERFECTED GOT REJECTED
    AND THROWN OUT THE WINDOW WITH NO PROPER EXIT.
    I WAS HUMBLE, NOW I'M NOT AS PLEASANT. I'M DROPPING WRECKAGE ON YOUR SHADY DYNASTY.
    BITCH I'M NOT TO MESS WITH.
    Naga's exuberant greeting would have left the darkstar mare blushing if she were capable of such a reaction, but she makes due by bobbing her head and grinning cheerfully in response. It was indeed so good to see the panther mare again, for she was such a wonderful personality to be around. Draconis watches the older Sister circle her with an air of tired contentedness. It was nice to be fussed over, and she waits until Naga is done before speaking again. "I'm not hurt, thank you Naga. I somehow managed to have my energy drained while fighting in the war in the Chamber, but I am recovering from that and keeping myself paced accordingly. The last thing I want is to have that happen again! " The young Amazon manages to laugh about it, but privately she worries.

She still had no idea what had caused that to happen, and if it might randomly happen again. It was enough to cause nightmares if she thought too much about what had happened, and so she tries not to. Feeling a bit of mischief bubbling up, she lips gently at the panther's long tail, holding onto the tip briefly before releasing it to swing freely once again. "The Jungle is starting to recover, a little bit at a time....were you here during the battle? Did you help to protect our home from that wolf? We can play hide and seek again for old times' sake if you want, when the foliage has regrown to how it was before, it will be fun won't it? " She knows that she's doing little but rattling off questions, but there's still one left to ask, perhaps the most important of all her queries in this conversation. "I don't suppose that you've seen Rhy? She's been missing since the battle, she did not come home with the rest of the Sisters. " The amusement slides away from her dark face, only to be replaced with worry. Was her mother being held somewhere? Was she even alive?