• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Evil by night, Kind during Day-[Ygritte, Any]

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

The giant bay roan stallion was new to these lands. He had a herd of his own at the peak of adulthood. He lost it all in a war he could not handle. This drove the stag to anger and who he is today. He had been traveling and decided to look for a home in the area. He was in a forest that he would search out a face to see if any horses were around here. 

It was a fresh morning with the sun just rising. The season was beginning to change and the leaves on the trees were starting to fall. This only meant that snowfall was on them. He looked around the forest keenly as life was bare here. The woodland creatures were preparing for hibernation, the birds started to fly to warmer lands. He wondered if the horses also migrated during the cold season. He stood in the woods for a while with hope a horse would appear. 

archam

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

The scent of crisp air was thicker today as autumn slowly turned her face away from Beqanna as winter drove her selfishly away. The chirp of birds gave way to the echo caws of crows as the black birds settle in baring branches like nosey vultures waiting for their next meal to collapse and perish. Ygritte was not fond of the seasonal change. She much more preferred the burst of colors that spring and summer offered. She like the way the sun dappled her bay coat as it kissed the green foliage of the trees above. The gentle touch of the weeping willow was a sensation she was missing already when she played hide and seek with her twins over the summer.

On this day, the mare decides to leave the comfort of the Falls and go for a walk, a little quiet time. Honey hued pools glancing from time to time, observing the change with a bit of a frown. There were a few other bodies mingling about but most paired off as with autumn came estrus but Ygritte did not fear for her safety though she did keep a tail tightly clamped over her hind end. The reds and golds were giving way to brown and the flower crowned mare decide it would not do. No, she needed colors and life.

With a bit of concentration, the small patch of dirt in which she stood shifted slightly as small blades of vibrant green grass sprouted under her. A tree to her left shook to life as it straightened , the limbs unfurling with thick emerald leaves. Small nameless wildflowers sprouted between the hooves of the bay and salmon mare and this made the frown reverse and curl to a pretty smile. She knew that the land would return to what it once was when she left the small circular snatch of earth but for now, it was a tiny spring haven. The crowned head dips now to clip lightly at the blades, brushing aside the tiny wildflowers with little huffs from the coral tinted maw.

Ygritte.

Archam stood silently in the forest, he awaited an entry of any horse. He already had a mare to claim and was no interested in claiming a territory for them, He would not court another mare until he could do so.

Shortly after his wish came true, a bay and salmon pointed mare came walking through. He watched as the mare was at peace, carelessly walking through the forest. She viewed upon the now dying forest, The leaves were falling from the trees, the flowers did not fully bloom. Soon enough the grass would be covered with nothing but white snow. He moved from his spot that he stayed cover into the opening were the mare was. The way she walked freely had him wondering if she was of importance. Perhaps she had one of these kingdoms. He had been stalking these areas closely and came to find there was multiple kingdoms, horses of all kinds gathered here, but they were not all together. There was different kingdoms and herds, keeping the horses on edge when they ran into one another. Archam had no scent of a land, just his own from a distance away.

He approached the mare with his head held high, the bay roan flicked his tail irritated with the last of the insects that stayed, biting away at his quarters. "Good Morning, how are you on this morning?" he asked with a grin, his eyes gazed over the mare before he drew back to her face. "My name is Archam, I come from a land far from here" he introduced himself, not intending to be rude. He hoped this mare was as he thought, high on the food chain, and could offer him a home in her lands. 

archam

There was always a little thrill felt in her breast when she came across a new face. There was always a little spark between the exchange of names and the simple questions but on different degrees. The bay and coral woman really enjoyed meeting new equines, learning their stories. Experiences were not something to be bought or paid in coy smiles. It took an earnest ear and a genuine appreciate for the story teller. This day was be no different.

There just happens to be a rather tall stallion standing among the crinkled brown leaves, giving the mare quite a spook! She had been intently occupied with her ability to grow and manipulate plants that she practically runs into the stallion. Oh goodness Ygritte! With wide eyes she gives a small cry- oh! -then suddenly bursts into laughter. The tones are a pure delight, peals of the silvery tones echoing lightly with the soprano vocals. "So sorry!" She speaks the two words quickly as her laughter boils down to a light chortle. "It's nice to meet you, Archam. I'm Ygritte." She gives him a small smile after a flick up the skull moves her coral tresses from her amber view. " My home is the Falls..." She gives a little nod as to punctuate the statement. "Do you know of it?" Her inquiry is simple enough, lobes flickering within the flower crown as her attention is given to him

Ygritte.

The roan stag laughed as the mare initiall did not realize he was speaking to her. She seemed rather friendly, far more friendly than the leaders of herds he has met before. He wondered if she could be the leader, she ha the looks of a ruler. Clean cut, well behaved "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to scare you" he spoke gently. He quickly found himself happy to be around this mare, it was an odd feeling as he didnt enjoy much. Although the game in courting was fun to him, he has never truly felt love with another. He looked over the mare as she was beautiful, she had a beautiful rare salmon color to her coat which made her stand out. Although he turned the idea off in his head as if she was a royal, he was not in the correct league, he was just an average horse.

He listened as she explained her home The Falls and he perked up at the topic. "I have never heard of the Falls, I have been lurking around the areas here and have noticed a lot of traffic, and multiples scents I would imagine other herds" he paused careful to pick his next words "I travel with a mare who is carrying my Kin, we are looking for a new home, can you offer one?" he was quick to the point as he was hopeful to have secured a home for him Light and his future foal. He wanted to expand his herd but first he needed a home to bring the mares too. He flicked his tail as a leaf fell from a tree, and the wind blowing smacked upon his stomach before quickly falling to the ground with the rest of the leaves.

archam

The bay roan male made an apology for startling Ygritte but she waved it away with a toss of the flowered skull. She offers a bit of a smile as lobes catch his words, listening to his voice. Amber pools move her his frame, noting it's shape and size. He is taller than the bay woman but he appears to not use it as an advantage. He speaks of his roaming ways. He tells of a lass that was in tow and Ygritte would not allow them to be without. Ygritte indeed was a young mother and understood the perils of child birth and the danger that mare and child could face without stability of a herd or kingdom.

"Archam, if you would like, please come to the Falls with your mare. You are both more than welcome there." Tones are low but firm as she watches the stallion's features, her own eyes wide and concerned. "The Falls is a small kingdom but we are close. The others would love to see new faces among the land of healing waters. There are even children there for your new babe to make friends with." The small smile that toys across the salmon lips blooms across her face, genuine and fresh as she awaits his answer.

Ygritte.

The stag was joyious to hear the mare say he and Light could stay in her kingdom. He was excited to see what the mares lands hand to offer. He also noted that she said there was healing waters. He did not understand fully what that meant although it could be great since this stag enjoyed fighting. Ygritte spoke of other foals, which would keep his future foal and mare occupied while raising. These land she spoke of sounded perfect, to perfect. But he would give them a chance.

With a smirk on his face he dipped his head with gratitude "I thank you for taking us in, I am looking forward to meeting the herd you run" he flicked his tail and moved forward, looking back waiting for Ygritte to lead him to there new home. He hoped to offer the kingdom his protection and earn the right to be a herd member. 

archam

OOC: Sorry super short i know!