• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dreams of silver and solace { YGRITTE }

❅ ❅ ❅
    A minority. Yes, Beqanna had more striking colored horses running around, but that was just it...they were horses. She...she is a half breed. Her silvery mane was thin and stuck up in a mohawk, her forelock was bright white and very fluffy in contrast to her thin mohawk. The dark stripes on her rump and back legs were indeed stiking, though others would probably notice her large rounded ears more so than her stripes. As a young filly she learned that there would always be those who would mock her for her looks and heritage, but she knew, there were also those who would stick by her no matter what she was. That was something that kept her happy, she knew not to fret, as her mother used to tell her,"Those who make fun of you are not worthy of being your friends, you will know who is a true friend and who isn't." Her mother, beloved striped mother, she was always so wise. She taught Pyrite well. For now she is a well rounded and quirky young lady.

The autumn meadow was filled to the brim, for she knew ,of course, this was breeding season. Mares and stallions alike strut about the field hoping to woo one another. One couple in particular made her giggle softly to herself and she tried to mimic the mare's flirtations and batted her long white eyelashes over crystaline blue eyes, "Oh pick me pick me" she said quietly to herself as not to draw their attention and get shooed away from them, they probably wouldn't appreciate her poking fun at their sexual advances. She too knew that one day she would be flirting with a handsome male specimin, but alas that would probably not be for a while. She was definitely not ready for kids yet, too much for her to learn about the world still. She knew she would be a shoddy mother if she could not teach her children the truths and wonders of this world. For now she searches a home, maybe a friend. Before now, she really had no friends other than her mother. She hoped that wherever she ended up that that would change. It is hard not being at her mother's side anymore, alone in this vast world plagued by war. 

Slowly she makes her way through the flirtatious masses and finds herself at a small brook. She let her greying head down to sip at it's cool surface, her large dinner plates swiveled to and fro, listening for the hopeful sound of approching hoofsteps. She watched her own reflection as she lightly sipped away, maybe she was strange, but she was not going to let that stop her from living a good life. She may not look the same, but she sure as hell wouldn't let that make her feel down. This world was full of good souls. One would find her someday, and she hoped that someday would be today. 

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

And the hoof thuds that reached those rounded lobes belong to a bay and salmon woman.

Ygritte moved about the field frequently, haunting it and constantly searching for new recruits like that of a child and a long lost doll. Each time she returned, it humbled her, reminding her of what it was once like to be lost. The time of year was an absolute burden as the field was hot with bodies and the scent of estrus hung thickly like a perfumed cloud but the coral pointed frame moves effortlessly among the throng of horses, glancing from time to time as she allowed her senses to seek out another.

On this particular day, amber pools find that of a striped mare having herself a drink from the shallow creek bed. Even as time had molded her, recruiting never got much easier for Ygritte. She preferred to shy away and keep to herself especially after the time passing since Mandan had left. There had been an emptiness in her heart and mind. It was a black hole that consumed her for so long till the void sealed itself and she managed to function again but the scar tissue was hard and thick. So with a bit of a tangled smile, she approaches the hybrid woman before dropping her own skull to sip at the liquid. Lobes flicker to and fro as she is cautious of any overzealous stallions that might mistaken a pair of drinking mares as an easy target.

The flower crowned bay lifts her delicate skull, the corners of her lips drawn up as cocoa pools swim with curiosity. "Hope I'm not interrupting you, or if you mind company. I'm Ygritte." Tones are low but solid like a revolver wrapped in burgundy velvet. Sensual, intriguing and could very well get it's point across with very little effort. "I imagine I know the answer but what brings you to the field?" Yes, it was silly but the mare knows there is a procedure all horses seem to follow when they are in the field.

Like an age old script. The pages worn soft with wear.

Attention is upon the exotic mare, pinnacles flickering at times at the sounds surrounding them. When it seemed as if a stallion was staring too long or edging too close, the bay would instantly snap her neck to bare down upon the silly stag, lobes sewn tightly against her skull and eyes reflecting death before they moved along to a more "receptive" lady. "Sorry, but I'm sure you see tis is not the best season to be in the field." A small laugh tinkles like silver bells on a delicate necklace. Her own long tail clamped tightly to her hind end as the mare had no intentions of baring young this season and would happily oblige a stallion in a quarrel if he should decide he wanted what she did not want to give up.

Ygritte.

❅ ❅ ❅
    As the minutes went by, she slowly began to lose her hope. Was she ever going to be noticed other than for baby making reasons? Well, her internal questions of that were soon answered. Her large round ears catch the sound of someone approaching the water beside her. Crystal orbs flicker toward tbe sound, chocolate and....salmon? Someone colorful, like her. Pyrite's non existent brows raised, her eyes brighten at the sight of the uniquely colored mare and her crown of beautiful flora. She watches her as she too dips her head down to the shallow creek for a drink of it's cool rushing water. Soon the mare lifts her head and their gaze locks. Pyrite is frozen, looking at the mare's pretty, smiling face. She speaks, her voice is smooth and steady, yet sweet. Interrupting? Of course not. Pyrite smiles now, her blue eyes gleaming brightly.

"Hello, of course not. I am glad to have company that won't try to make unwanted advances. It's a pleasure to meet you Ygritte. My name is Pyrite.

She pauses, and the mare goes on. Ah yes, the age old field question, "why are you here?". Most would have some sort of fantabulous story of action, love, betrayal, murder, you name it. But no. Not for her. Pyrite's reason to be here was probably the most plain. She smiles at her newly found pleasant company, her high yet light voice slipped from between deep grey velvet lips.

Well, I guess it was to find a nice home, or even a nice friend. Before now I lived in the meadow with my mother. But, I figured it was time to move on from being at her side all the time.

She pauses as Ygritte bares her teeth and shows a stallion away from their girl time. Py giggles, calling over her shoulder to the retreating male.

"Byyyyyeeee!!!! Have a nice daaaay!!!!

She then turns to her company, listening to her with eager upturned ears. She was right, this definitely was no time for being in the field. No babies wanted in this chubby grey belly. She nodded, speaking once again.

No need to apologize!! You are more than right. Though it is fun chasing stallions away, show em' not to mess with us!! If you don't mind my asking, where are you from?

Oh curiosity. Definitely one of her stronger personality traits. Though she wasn't overly curious or pushy when it came to asking questions. Her mother taught her better. Pyrite was curious about this mare though. She held herself so...so...dignifyingly. The type of mare that was strong and leaderly, she wanted to know all about her. Her mind flowed with questions, but she would wait for the first to be answered before bombarding the salmon pointed girl with more.   

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Oh my, Py was certainly a darling. Ygritte can not fight the smile that tugs at her lips. She takes apace closer between them as though she could truly over some barrier to protect them. Salmon hued lobes flicker as her amber pools fins the azure of Pyrite's. The inquiry passing past granite lips. "The Falls are my home. I imagine you are looking for a residence as well Py...this is not a good place to be on your on at this time of year. Would you like to see the Falls? I promise to not try and keep you if you are not happy. I just fear for your well being her in the field and it would bring me relief if you would just wait till autumn was over in the Falls where it is safer." Her tones are low but held come persuasion. There was earnest concern for the gray girl in the bay woman's eyes, hoping Pyrite would at least spend autumn in the safe serenity of the Falls.

Ygritte.