• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

BQ Q/S - input from everyone welcome!
    Bringing over the thought I had from the rants board. Found here

I had posted to see if I was the only one who felt a little rushed by BQ time, and seems that I wasn't, so thought I would bring it here and see what everyone thought Smile
    BQ is wonderful and addicting, I just wish time didn't go so fast. Like Zariah said in the comments, it makes playing foals a little less fun (even though I know we can bend time a little), and like the Disasters could have stretched a little longer irl so that more could have been done IC. Idk, I personally just feel like BQ could benefit from a little slow down to accommodate those of us who are slower posters dealing with busier schedules, etc.
    I totally get that the faster time helps when you're impatiently waiting for certain things to happen, such as birthing and whatnot, but on the other hand- with sooo many babies born every season, maybe this would help that? Not that I don't love babies (bc c'mon, BABIES) but maybe we would see at least some more activity with the babies born with slower time (= more anticipation). Of course, slower time would benefit way more than just babies, I think, but anyway.

My two cents. Sorry I prolly didn't collect my thoughts very well, I'm very tired xD butyeah, would like to hear/read thoughts! <3

In terms of how much we would want to slow it down, like I wrote in my rants post, I liked playing on forums with 1 season to 1 RL month. So 4 RL months to 1 RP year. But would totally be interested to see what others might suggest.
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    Haha well to be honest, I'm not sure how many people actually adhere to BQ's "time" -- horses coexist in two places at once, some threads occur over what is technically 'years,' etc. I think our timeline originated so we could have a 'yearly' breeding season (I do think people would be sad if breeding/birthing was only once every four months -- especially if someone was away for that period!).
    so yeah, wibbly wobbly timey wimey...it's different for everybody Smile

however, if this is an issue for people and they would prefer to see it revamped, we can certainly open it up for discussion.
    although i feel that limiting breeding season would create even more babies rather than less.

honestly if breeding was all the time i can only see ic babies being bred because people wont just breed for no reason cos breeding season
    ....right?
    The issue with having breeding season all the time is that we'd have to have a better system monitoring ages (since no set times means it'd be easier for people to breed a foal then try breed that foal like two weeks later) and make sure mares are only bred once a BQ year...having a set time period helps the officers a lot with that Smile
    On the topic of breeding: Yeah, I don't think it would be so great having breeding year-round. I kinda think, actually, it might be better to have more restrictions on the breedings. While I'm guilty of breeding random parents as well lol, I think that we would greatly lessen the amount of unplayed babies if we put an IC restriction on it. Would help with the over-pop and players PMPing as many closet babies and such. I know it's great seeing all the babies, but to me I value things more when it makes IC sense. Buuuut I know not everyone would be pleased with this so idk.

It would also go hand in hand with slowing time down bc say breeding is only allowed in Fall, and when Fall comes around, you have a whole month to post your characters meeting and breeding and such and then would provide a link to the breeding thread when posting for baby stats. Idk, I liked it better this way on another site I played on previously, but things are certainly different here. If it changed, I'd be happy. If not, I would be equally happy lol, just stating for suggestion sake.

on the time topic: I know we can fiddle with the time and all, I just feel if one day wasn't like a week in bq time, it might spark more ppl to be able to post more IC bc they aren't as rushed, missing opportunities and stuff. That's just how I feel sometimes..like I said, would be fine if nothing changed Smile I can deal, just thought I would bring it up and see what everyone thought too <3
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    i actually like the idea of slowing down time a bit.

like every month could be a season, and breeding could happen in the fall/winter and birthing in the spring/summer?
    I am officially liking kahzie and abby's posts
    mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

While not feeling pressured for time would be FANTASTIC (because while timey whimey stuff is great and flexible, it's also a pain when dealing with kingdom stuff and then playing he said she said with time lines) I am not on board with only being able to breed/have babies once every four months. I would die. I need my fix xD. Maybe it could be two months is a year? That would reduce baby spammers like myself while also not driving us away from the game.
    I'm actually of the same mind set as Sid - 2 months per BQ year. The 1st-7th could be fall/breeding (7-15th being later fall, 16-31st being winter) and then the 1st-15th of the next month would be spring/birthing & 16th-31st would be summer).

That would give us a lot more time to have reasonable timelines and to play with our babies without feeling the time pressure and limitations with posting foals.
    I am in favor of slower timelines VERY MUCH but also it would take some getting used to for a lot of us! Perhaps we could make the calendar more easily visible like under the header if we were to do that? At least a "season" tag for those of us who will be perpetually stuck in old time?