• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quick Suggestion
    Personally I think a slightly longer BQ year would be nice. I feel like my characters age super fast, especially foals, which, when paired with the fact that all of us have real lives and thus sometimes it can take weeks to get through threads, means that very little seems to happen to my ponies in a BQ year lol.

I think a 2 month year would be perfect - not so long that you're waiting forever for breeding, etc., but gives you a bit more time to get things done during a year of their life.
    For what it's worth, I also would like a longer BQ year...
    um birthday board. FUN! that sounds super exciting actually
    [Image: ca94dsg_by_calltherp-dcioghd.gif]
    SLOW-WORDER CLUB
    I know you said it wasn't popular with the officers but I would also love a longer BQ year. I don't have a lot of time to write, so I may only get a few posts done a month, and a longer year would mean that there isn't so much pressure in terms of ageing etc.
    Plus it would be nice to make babies less common that way Smile
    xoxo gossip girl
    Just going to throw my two cents in. A longer BQ year would be awesome! I am notoriously slow :| So maybe that would help keep timelines a little more in check and be able to have that flexibility. And for me I know for sure that it would reduce the temptation to breed unnecessary babies
    And I- I am against a longer BQ year because I hate playing foals so I like them growing up fast Smile Just thought I'd mention my opinion

Anneliese - Pothos
    I can agree with Sprite; I'm not a fan of playing foals most of the time but a longer BQ month year would make everything else (breeding, threading) make so much more sense and make it easier to plot.
    YAY birthdays! Great idea!

Also, I would LOVE a longer BQ year. Like, so bad.

I know there are some opposed and I respect that, but if we're voting, i vote PLEASE longer year because with my busy-ish life i have posts from spring and now it's winter.

Obviously i can deal with it, it's not going to make me miserable, but it's hard to manipulate the timeline whereas a longer year could help that. As well as foal stuffs. [i love developing a character from it's foalhood...assuming it's foalhood lasts longer than four threads]

And personally, i love the way it used to be with magic ponies - it was way more rare*, meant more, and made the magical ponies actually *special* - not to say that they're not now - but as an old player returning, it feels like everyone has a magic pony nowadays and im over here like...PLAIN lol Again, it doesn't make me grumpy, just pointing it out. It seems like everyone has a magic pony (or fifteen). Perhaps that's a positive move and my dinosaur ass just needs to get in gear xD

Anyways. Sorry for rambling -cheers- longer year preeeeease!

(* grammar is not my friend)
    buy the ticket, take the ride.
    —  Hunter S. Thompson

snowphish, city, oleandar, wrena, kota, let, seasick
    chemdog, klaus, padmé, fenwe, claudia, mourna
    I... tentatively agree with lengthening the BQ calender. I have my gripes but if we are talking breeding supression, I'd much rather we do that or even limit to one/two breedings, or limit it to breeding where can can show at least some proof of  interaction/significant plot value to the baby, then the new genetics mutation possibility. I think if we lengthen the year, no more than two months = year? More then that and I'm out on the idea haha.

I think I would most prefer a even more stringent limit on number of breedings and/or needing proof of intercation/intention. Mixture of the two (one freer breeding, one that's need justification of some sort) I think. I do agree that longer year allows up to soak up the seasons more. Shit just blows on by as is Tongue

I also think it might be cool to... maaaaybe make exceptions on birthdays (love the idea of burthday presents for new and maybe even current ponies) and/or like holiday months (I.e. december) just for some added cheer. Neither of these are sticking points with me, just adds some fun and excitement around here. Like when it's Yuletide baby time, I just feel like it would be a shame to miss out on that if December falls on the first half of a lengthened year, ya know?

For what it's worth, just going off what Prism said, personally I do not think we need to be putting any barriers on traits, just breeding so we aren't "trait farming"/generally over populating and closeting good names haha. I don't know if that was a thought/consideration at all amoung the bosses but just in case it may be: I think the culture has changed and at the end of the day, this is a game and a place for us to make imaginary fun time and traits do nothing but enhance that and I think it's great. This from someone who to this day will still bring up a traitless, lineless pony as one of my all time favs. We are way past pretending like BQ isnt a (colourful) mythical pony RP IMO Tongue I'm sure others feel differently (like Prism) and I get it, but that's just my take.

If this is horrible, I'm on my phone and my phone is hell to type anything with let alone a big blah blah blah.
    Just a note, i don't think it's horrible, I totally get the trait thing and I'm down. I think I was just pointing out how it's...different? But I'm not bashing the trait freedoms.

Apologies if it came off that way xD
    buy the ticket, take the ride.
    —  Hunter S. Thompson

snowphish, city, oleandar, wrena, kota, let, seasick
    chemdog, klaus, padmé, fenwe, claudia, mourna