• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars Alined
    It was finished. After many moons,many tears shed over cracked hooves, many frustrated quitting moments. She had finished. The rock she had begun to sketch her star patterns upon was done now. She had been staring at a star pattern and realized it was already added to the 'map' of sorts. It was done! Oh the joy the mare felt! She had been alone out at the lake for so long.... Yet she didnt mind she supposed.

She had over four star patterns ; the doe and her fawn (Little dipper;big dipper.)  The arisen mountain.(Libra)  The flightless bird (Perseus) and her favorite ; THe valleys walls (Cassiopeia). Each name had some sort of meaning to her. They all made her feel safe. All had a story behind them that one day she hoped to tell to someone who was thoughtful enough to listen. 

She smiled so very brightly at the finished product as light took over the darkened sky. With a soft yawn she began to head back to the trees where she would rest for a while. Then continue on with her day eating,sleeping,drinking repeating it until the night came.
    Take my tears love,they will carry you home.
    It had occurred to Hugo that she was still in need of meeting others who lived in the Valley. She wasn't being very social, and sooner or later a meeting would be called and she would need to know everyone's names. She knew only Demian and Elysium, the two strangely colored stallions. Her relationships were pretty good with them, though Hugo wasn't sure how Elysium took to her. Maybe he liked her because she wanted to join the peace caste? Well, that didn't matter for the moment. What mattered was getting to know everyone that she was sharing a home with. With that in mind, her long legs gracefully carried her over the soft terrain of dirt. The trail she took was a long one, winding up and around the Valley. Her white feathers dragged the tiniest bit as she moved along, her hooves making a rhythmic noise. Her muscles rippled beneath her burnt umber hair, her splotches of white still crystal clear on her belly. Her dark eyes stayed at a medium height, her mane slightly dancing in the soft breezes. She soon stopped in her tracks, seeing how there was another horse traveling, right towards her! Hugo smiled with glee as she continued her path, her strides covering the ground. She decided to call out. "Hello" she said, picking up her pace to a nice and even trot. The mare in front of her looked a bit tired, Hugo didn't wish to take up much of her time to rest. "I don't believe I've met you before, I'm Hugo" she said, smiling gently towards her.
    Hugo Gentle Allaway
    Give Me Your Pain And I Shall Carry It Upon My Shoulders
    The Gentle Giant
    Deep hazel orbs drifted across the dirt as she walked. The voice of a new commer filled her petal shaped ears. Who was this new horse? She looked up ears flattening against her slender neck. Her eyes drifted over the mare before her. She seemed kind. Her velvety ears unpinned a smile dancing unto her sunken features.

"Hello. I am Kalipso."

Her voice was soft as she spoke to the other. A breeze caught her ebony mane and whipped it recklessly at her neck. She blinked a few times her hooves shifting nervously in the hard earth. How peaceful it was this time of day. Early morning the birds flitting about the trees singing tuneless songs.

How simply wonderful it was.
    The mare in front of the scottish girl seemed a bit distantm for her ears were pinned at first against her black neck. Hugo feared she had encountered a rogue or a hot head. Her gulp was silent as her ears fell the tiniest bit, though the black and white mare eased up and smiled. Her features were a bit sunken in, either with age or stress or tiredness. It bid no matter though, Hugo continued her path towards her with ease. The mare stated her name in her greeting, Kalipso. It was a strange name to the young one's ears, but Hugo just smiled it off. "It's a pleasure to meet you!" She exclaimed kindly, finally reaching her. Her hooves seemed to shift themselves awkwardly, was Hugo being too forward and making her uncomfortable. She decided to take a step back. "I'm sorry if I came off as too forward" she apologized, giving Kalipso a sheepish smile. "I'm just happy to see a new face in the valley!"
    Hugo Gentle Allaway
    You Are The Moon
    The Gentle Giant
    She to stopped moving. Her head tilted as she listened curiously. Softly she smiled flicking her ebony plumage over her dark sides. 

"Dont worry , Youre fine Hugo. I have been in the valley a while now I just dont leave the lake really."

She said the last bit with a chuckle a slender leg lifting before slamming back into the hard earth ridding her of flies for a moment. How pesky they where this time of year! Like bees to honey she supposed.... They just stuck to her. How rude.