• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Snowphish
    PHAEDRUS
    He has been spending a lot of time out here in the last two years. His body telling him that he is acclimating to his prime. Though how long this will last only time will tell. His scars though healed still pronounce themselves solidly against his hide.

Taking flight from his lands once more he uses this little bit of extra time to stretch the stiff muscles. The last time he had been in the air he had looked into the eye of a dragon. The scales shimmering slightly from the glint of light. The gold ribs flickering glossy wet. Slits of black soullessness searching him hungrily .

A shiver runs through his body and he finds the trees coming towards his head much to fast. His wings strained beyond their current copacity they fold to his sides and he relaxes reaching to a tree to snatch its tip wtih his teeth. Finally doing so his neck stretches as his body slows to a stop. Stretching further he lets his legs touch thhe ground first and then lets go of the tree top slowly bringing in his neck to normal size.

His draftly build shudders once more with a glowering scowl on his face. Giving his blue mane a shake. He huffs the pine needles still sticking to his fur. Fuck he growls out, walking around for a moment to work out any kinks left he pauses. Rubbing his neck against the rough bark it soothes the sore muscles. He had been overworking himself for so long. Even now he wasn't fully healed, yet he kept pushing himself. More farther longer. It was never good enough there was always more that he felt he should be able to do.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    She was still on the search for her lotus – she has not found any sign of it yet, or heard anything at all about where she may find such a thing, but being the disgustingly optimistic little fairy that she is, she remains positive.

And then winter. Damn.

She's in a nest made by another pegasus years ago and abandoned, laying across the heart of a giant cotton-wood – an ancient tree with a broad middle and strong, relentless branches that are perfect for the bird-mare. She stretches after a long nap curled in her nest of moss, leaves and feathers. Yawning and stepping out over a branch to just barely catch the sight of a pegasus grabbing at the branches of a neighboring pine. She frowns to herself, fearing for the the tree's feelings, but is quickly distracted by creeped out amazement. He....just....stretches She's not sure if she's grossed out or fascinated, but looks on with sky-blue eyes in silence.

When he takes the time to scratch and curse the needles now glued to him with sap she cannot help but land to where he is. Descending on wide speckled wings, her face keeping it's curious demeanor, a smile almost too shy to emerge (but it still does, slightly). “Hello there...” She resists the urge to ask him how in the hell he managed to stretch like warm pine-pitch.

Snowphish

(orig. picture by quaddles on DA)
    it's a marvelous night for a moondance..

[Image: iawIsA4.png]
    PHAEDRUS
    He shakes out his mane and attempts to scratch out the soreness, but as he does so a voice calls out to him. Startled he turns to the source. Uhh, hi... sorry if I disturbed you. He shifts his weight his feet dancing out any kinks, ok maybe it was just dancing out nervousness. Did she see? his thoughts whisper. Then he is forced to pause. She had wings just like him. Though hers more decorated with their own sheen of blue, not the blue that comes from black, but the blue that comes from white. But no not just that they have a pepper dusting that catchs his interest.

It had been so long since he had last seen one of his kind that he can't help but feel a little but relaxed, and ok yea a little more interested in getting to know her better. Immediately as shameful as the thought was, he couldn't help but wonder if he could actually have company on his flights. I'm Phaedrus He flutters his wings slightly unsure how to proceed. You live nearby? I hope I didn't desturb... He pauses shyly. Words tumble over themselves and he gets the coltish feeling of self deprecitation. I already said that didn't I? He chews on his lip shifting again.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[Prism]