• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]
    Two Queens and Texas. The gathering I'd unconsciously drawn was beginning to look like a poker hand. In hindsight, it really was a game. Two truths and a lie, to be exact. My mismatched eyes flicker between them and I shuffle the deck. Who among them was the lie? I'm nervous - it's obvious to these other horses. They can sense it through my body (or by other means). But I'm not afraid. I clear my throat, steeling myself for the age old dance and begin with the most obvious reaction. "I'm Astri." I begin, letting my words build themselves instead of stumbling over them. I wasn't a filly anymore - I was necessary, I just had to convince them of this. So I offer a quick, half-hearted smile and choose to reply to their queries in order.

Texas first then. "Thank you, Texas. I've never received a compliment quite like that before." With some measure of grace I move on to Scorch, knowing that I'll never forget the likes of her from henceforth. She was hard to ignore. "I've lived in Beqanna my entire life, your grace. I was abandoned as a foal." No sense in crying over spilt milk, my past was far behind me. With a wary eye I continue on to Camrynn, feeling my throat grow dry. There was ... something about her nature that made me feel uncomfortable, but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Some of us are blessed, but I try very hard not to dwell on outer appearances your grace. Often times I find that what may seem pleasing to the eye isn't necessarily as pleasing underneath."

I'm more wary of her than the others, and I trust my intuition above all else. But she'd offered me no harm yet, so I only nod my head and then gather myself to talk to them. "What I'm curious to know is how I'll fit in with each of your homes. I've been alone my entire life - no family, no support system. If I'm going to pledge myself in servitude to one of you, I don't want to be forgotten. I want my life to have meaning."

Astri
    .:Mantis green girl of Yule and Astrah:.

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 05-05-2015, 11:06 AM