• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]
    so you wanna play with magic?
    Well, in any situation where someone is going to be a lie, it's always going to be Camrynn. Astri is not wrong to be a little bit uncomfortable around her – she's the only one among their little gathering who could wipe the other three off the face of Beqanna (and the planet) without warning and without so much as moving a muscle.

Wonderful thing, magic.

But she isn't, and she doesn't, and she won't. That would give Scorch far too much satisfaction. She can feel the other woman's seething anger at her, and she entirely understands and sympathizes and fully intends to rub it in a little bit. She offers the Amazon queen a gentle, earnest smile, looking her way delicate eyes during a lull in the conversation.

When Astri addresses Camrynn, the black mare chuckles gently and shakes her head. "Very perceptive, and very accurate." the black mare doesn't miss the implication, nor does she miss the woman's coldness toward her. Oh well, nothing to be done other than try her best. "No need to call me your grace, Astri. I'm not that formal. Just Camrynn will do, or Cam, if you prefer." Her voice is earnest, friendly. She doesn't mind the trappings of queenship, but she doesn't need it. The respect is nice, but she earns respect in ways far more interesting than simply being the queen of a kingdom. And then she is silent, letting the girl speak, knowing that it is the way of Beqanna that the conversation will circle around between the others, only eventually coming back to her. Even with the interruption of the Chamberling – and oh, wouldn't it be interesting to sojourn into her mind – that is still the way of it.

The question she's asked is an interesting one, almost as interesting as the answers that Texas and Scorch give. Camrynn is not surprised that the old stallion throws a barb at the Amazons – he likes them almost as much as Covet does, which is to say, about as far as he can throw them (which is not very far, considering horses don’t have arms). And before long, the conversation has circled round again and it's Camrynn's turn.

"A kingdom isn't really about pledges of servitude." Her voice is quiet, earnest. "They're about family. I'm sorry you never had family growing up, but you might yet know what it's like through one of our kingdoms." she smiles gently. And yes, she did include the others – the Deserts may be the best, in her opinion, but she knows that the girl will find kinship whichever one of them she chooses to go with. "The Deserts is…" she pauses for a moment, staring off into the distance as she thinks "A family. A lot of our residents are very family-oriented, and many of them live there with their families." she thinks of Yael and her children.

"But it is also a thriving kingdom, one where you could make yourself whatever you want to be. The Deserts does not judge; our people are willing to let you discover who you are amongst friends, to make the choices you want to make, and decide who you want to be. And we'll be okay with whoever, or whatever that is." she smiles gently.

"The Deserts also has a long memory. There is a tree in our oasis dedicated to Vanquish, our former king." She pauses again, her voice quiet. "The sands don't forget."
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM