• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a little bit skeptic - - Shivani
    The night has a music all its own.

The crickets chirping in tune, the gentle, underlying whisper of the grass, two feet high, as tall as it needed to be to conceal the smaller predators in the animal kingdom. The occasional rattling sound of a cicada in the distance, clutching itself to a tree. A silver gleam shone down on it all without opposition, bathing it all in a soft light. The occasional shadow of a bat crossed it, slashing the light. It would attempt to disappear into the night, but the heavens were so unclouded that the glitter of stars revealed it. It was nature at it's finest, at a state the rest of the world could only dream of and allegedly, ironically, kill for.

Against a thin-coated yearling, the air would have bitten, poisoning blood with its icy touch. 

But the mare who roamed these fields aimlessly tonight, the one that interrupted the quiet music with the rhythm of her hooves, did not fear it. In fact, she embraced it, knowing that the biting temperature would drive the majority away. She calmly assessed the open field around her as the grass around her brushed against her legs, tangling the long feathers that floated about her hooves. She regarded it all with indifference, uncaring to all of it. Rationally speaking, there was nothing to react to, so she kept walking, waiting for morning to come, for the dawn to break the skies with a light that did not feel as warm as it appeared.

Although her mind was free of thought, she was not devoid of intelligence. She was empty of emotion, but not of a past. She had already forgotten it, as dwelling on previous events was a waste of time. She didn't mope, didn't stop to reconsider the sister she had left behind. She was not a worrier, she was a planner- carefully plotting while chaos reigned around her. If the world fell to pieces, she would watch it if that was the rational choice. 

She could smell the males who had been there recently. Highly analytical, she was not impressed with any of them, though she acknowledged easily that it was most certainly not their duty to impress her. She determined they came here often, and had resolved to wait.

She walked to keep her joints from locking into place, weaving patterns into the grass while she waited for another to arrive, a keen glance in her eye.

(Fail post is fail)
    PHAEDRUS
    He was ready to pat himself on the back. What had started as just a inclination now had led to a plain full of four mares, and the possibility of mroe on the way. Though he could only hope that invitations would be accept. It wasn't a full fledged forgiveness, but it was a start. Working hard was starting to pay off.

Head held high he makes his way among the long grasses. Today he was muling around the feild waiting to see if anyone was in need of company or a helping hand on their journey to finding a home. Wings flutter and his blue mane shimmers in the light.

It takes him a little while, but eventually towards the edge of the meadow just on his way home he finds another this one completely alone. Hi He grunts out to her, though his pace remains steady he stays alert to any discomfort she may display. I'm Phaedrus He growls out gently. .
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

OOC sorry this is short and crappy.
    The Vanner's ears snap to attention, swiveling as the grass rustles behind her. She turns rather leisurely, having expected a stallion to make an appearance, of course. It had been why she made her way here in the first place. Her eyes sweep across him, up and down, attempting to read him, his intentions- a vain attempt, she knew. Body language was an extremely ambiguous form of communication either way, so she abandoned all attempt at it. 

Her hazel eyes scan his wings and odd colored mane, and her attention is caputured. This is certainly something she has not seen before. She rushes to keep her emotions hidden at once, wary of revealing too much in the presence of a stranger who had barely said a word yet. Her own forelock trails down between her ears, obscuring one eye from view so that the other is the only available window in her soul.

His willingness to reveal his name first tells her much, all of which she is pleased with. Naturally, she mimics his behavior, her perception skills all on high alert.  "I am Shavani," She replies, cautiously, but not using a forbidding tone. Her voice is odd, like she picks each one in advance, plans it out. In most cases, this is true. She edges a step closer, still wary. There was never any harm in being cautious and doing what Father advised. She tilts her head to one side, signalling curiosity. Her senses have never been among her finest qualities, and though she can discern the fact that he is male, she cannot distinguish any other specifics. 

"Are you a lead stallion?" She asks bluntly, not one to care or know much of formalities. She remains still, and though the cold wind whips at her long, tangled mane, she remains as unmoving as stone, and just about as welcoming. She makes a quick assessment of him where he stands, playing a game with herself. Not cold. Not forceful. Not overly confident. Most likely not, She concedes to herself, though she is aware she has never met a lead stallion in person so many of these are just as likely to be untrue. Still, she made the inference privately and carefully watched to see if it was correct.

OOC: It's not crappy it's good
    PHAEDRUS
    While the rest of the world ran by fliting from one spot to another, he stood by watching. Nice to meet you Shivani. His gruff voice echoes the name testing it on his tongue. It was pleasing, and if he dare say it, pleasant. Though if Roma saw him now he was sure that her girlish crush on him would have her staring daggers at the other mare. She didn't seem to take to any of the other mares and kept even less company. Only Vianne and Riva had met her, he couldn't say that the tension was anything but strained. He could only hope that a few of the mares would choose to get along. The likelyness of that though was slight at best. But wasn't that how it was in any herd? He just hoped to be one of the few stallions that could say that his mares got along.

He can't help but scan over her body, the pinto coloring pleasant, and hazel eyes just as soft. He can't help but smile warmly at her. She seemed such a pleasant creature, I am, I also am a warrior in the Dale. He flutters his wings with the chills that run up his spine, her voice held a air of preciseness that wafts across his ears. He extends his nostrils to her in a carress designed for greeting. He pauses for a moment letting the conversation drift as it will before he turns and addresses the issue at hand Maybe I can interest you in joining the kingdom and/or herd? Might as well offer both since she could very well join both if that was her interest.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    Her ears flick once in surprise at the gesture extended towards her, though nonetheless she reaches out her own neck to touch muzzles. The world was certainly full of surprises today. She feels her boundaries relax a little inwardly, though this in no way shows externally. "Likewise." She replies politely, a smile crossing her lips. He certainly is not what she had expected, a lot quieter than Father and certainly less... commanding than Hafaliel, her former leader back in her homeland. Those two men had been the only stallions she had ever interacted with, and this Phaedrus is not very alike to either of them. She meets his eyes a little more confidently now that they are slightly more familiar.

She pauses for a moment, taking in all of these new words. She understands the basic meaning, of course, but she realizes quickly that the meaning to her has a deeper meaning for Phaedrus. A kingdom is bigger than a herd, that is obvious, which is made clearer by the fact that he says he is a warrior of the Dale but a lead stallion of a herd. 'In the Dale' most likely implies that there is more than one kingdom in this land, supported by the need for warriors, but that conclusion is not certain. As she attempts to work out the puzzle, her eyes move from his wings, of which she is still curious, to his face, which appears open and honest. She appreciates that he is offering her a choice, of which Hafaliel knew nothing. He is pleasant, certainly. There is certainly a possibility of falsehood in his words, but she can detect none. She does not like to trust instinct, but when it agrees to logic, it can be a factor, and instinct as well tells her Phaedrus means to do her no harm. She lifts her head to reply, these mysteries and more still turning wheels in her head. "Both sound appealing, though I should inform you I would only endanger myself or others if I were to take a position as a warrior like yourself. The option of joining both kingdom and herd seems to be the ideal choice, as not devoting entirely to one path will give me a more open-ended future," She decides, partially voicing her rationalizations on the topic. She nods her head once and gives him a genuine smile in thanks.