• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With my speechless calm eyes - Anahera
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

He had changed the Tundra’s early snow for the Forest’s more humid air. The snow of his homeland would betray his presence, making it hard for the gray male to practise his recently gained ability. It had come with his recent promotion and although he had seen his fair share of magic in this world, he had never had an ability or trait himself. And Brynmor couldn’t say that this invisibility thing came easily to him, but they said that practise made perfect, right?

And thus he had left the Tundra, searching a more secluded and private area to learn how to control it. The snow would betray his presence anyway, so this homeland wasn’t the best place to practise anyway, but he was also glad that he wouldn’t be right into everybody’s view while he flickered between visible and invisible. The forest was able to provide this privacy and sometimes it was nice to see something else than the everlasting snow.

Surprisingly enough the voice had stayed out of his head ever since he had passed the initiation. First Brynmor hadn’t really noticed, ever since he had gained sight the voice had become less and less present in his mind. Yet moments like this – when he was slowly getting frustrated and trying to control something strange like this – were the perfect moments for his imaginary friend to step in and speak up one of those remarks of him. But there was nothing. His mind belonged only to himself. For a moment the gray male things that it’s too quiet, finding it suddenly uneasy, but it doesn’t last long. A smile pulls on the corners of his lips when he realises it, he had finally been able to let go of his non-existing childhood friend.

With new energy and a better mood he get’s back to this invisibility thing again. A deep breath, closed eyes and focus on his goal only is all what it takes. He stands there, slowly opening his blue eyes again. His breath stocks and Brynmor is afraid that breathing of moving would undo the spell again. He looks down, not really sure what he expects, yet nonetheless surprised to see his own legs. It is everything else that tells him that he has succeeded. He can feel it, but also notices the small forest creatures walking past him without even glancing in his direction.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

@[Anahera]
    OOC: I pretend that it’s still autumn in this thread, cause that’s when breeding season is and such. Plus I need the Forest to be without snow XD. We don’t need to act out the deed, but I’d like them to meet Smile.