• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Fresh Adventure in the Morning (Any)
    In the morning, when the first heat of the sun fell across her back, Sorea woke and remembered it was all a dream. The terrible waters she had been engulfed in, the roaring waves that had punctured her ear drums and left her deafened years ago, instantly ceased to exist. Shaking her neck and body, Sorea was anxious to relieve herself of the small amount of dew that had settled on her.

The Falls Kingdom was one of the most beautiful places she had ever been, but being a newcomer, she felt the urge to explore. Such an activity would easily make her forget the terrible dreams that plagued her, so Sorea started off at a trot, leaving the small, forest clearing she had slept in the night before.

The first rays of sun shown through the top of the trees and enhanced the dappled red-gold pattern of her coat as she moved along, taking in every sight and smell. With no plan as to where she was going or might end up, Sorea began to hope she would find another of her kind.

It was early morning and Jedi had recently woke up after a days worth of border patrol. Most of the kingdom was already off doing there responsibilities for the day; although the scent of one was lingering at the Falls.

The scent was familiar but he couldn't put a name to it, he went off to discover the scent. Walking past the waterfall that was roaring this morning, the strong powers it held that none could imagine. The sun was high in the sky and warming up the earths touch, with every step the wind blew past his ear and the winters frost sticking to his legs as he walked. He eventually found the scent, the newest mare to the kingdom. He never caught her name, although she was rather stunning to view, her rich colors were hard to ignore. He gave a whinny and approached the mare hoping she wanted company "Good Morning, how are you today? I do apologize but I don't think I ever caught your name."  the stag asked with a smile. He was a rather charming stag, but unlike most he had no desires to continuously reproduce and so the stag found himself without a kin, and without a mate.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Sorea traveled through the forest for only a short time before she realized she wasn't alone. The scent of another horse soon filled the air, the scent of a stallion, and quickly her hooves halted. Sorea peered around, hoping she might spot him. After a few moments, he appeared.

Reading his lips, she then answered his question. "I'm well," she said, her shyness causing her to be short of words. "My name is Sorea." She also recognized the stallion, and found his blue eye striking. "And you are?"

Because of the three years she had spent alone, the mare wasn't used to being in the company of her kind, let alone a male. Never had she been pursued or courted, and though these thoughts flitted through her mind, she tried not to take them too seriously.  

{OOC; Is it awkward to be role-playing on two boards? I don't mind continuing here, but maybe I should have waited before starting a new thread}

The stags smile grew when the mare spoke, her voice was lovely to listen to and she was similar to Ashara, she seemed kind hearted and genuine. Sorea what a beautiful name he thought to himself, he has met many horses but few had a name that stuck with him, he would remember hers for seasons to come. The mare asked his name and he was embarassed he never introduced himself "I'm sorry I didn' introduce myself, my name is Jedi" he gave a snort and the warmth from his body was shown in a cloud as it touched the cold air outside.

"Sorea, have you traveled far to reach the Falls?" the stag was curious to her previous life, he had traveled alone for a few years before finding the Falls and knew the hardship of being on your own. He was curious to this mares life before the Falls. "Have you chosen a Caste?" he blurted out unsure if Ashara spoke to Sorea about the Castes. He felt like he was bombarding the mare with questions and perhaps putting to much pressure on her. He shook his head stretching out his neck muscles from his sleep before returning his gaze to the mare awaiting a response. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

[OOC: no worries, its okay to have multiple threads open with the same horse]
    Jedi... Sorea hoped she had read his name correctly. The stallion's good nature and ease around her began to make the stiffness in her shoulders fade. As much as she liked seeming normal and not revealing her defect, it always made her feel wary, for she was afraid of missing important words or giving the wrong response.

Perhaps I should tell him...

But then Jedi asked about how long it had taken her to reach the Falls, and if she had joined a chase. No, that doesn't make sense. A caste? Must have been what he said...

"It wasn't too far of a walk," she replied gently. "But I had good company. Ashara spoke a little about the caste system, but I have not chosen one. Perhaps I..." 

Perhaps I shouldn't. What good is a deaf mare to the kingdom? Sorea took her eyes from Jedi and lowered her head a little. "I suppose there is something I must tell you."

Jedi gave a nod of his head as the mare began to speak, revealing she had not traveled far to arrive at beqanna. She began to speak about the castes to declare she had not chosen one. Jedi thought she would make a good diplomat, her looks alone were stunning and adolescent stags would follow for that reason alone. "What are you plans for the kingdom?" He asked curiously. 

At thr same time he asked she said that she had to tell him something. He was a little nervous with the way she brought it up, Jedi was already harboring Asharas secret and didnt know if he could handle another secret. "And what is that Sorea?" He asked in a gentle calm voice. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    "I'm deaf." Her words felt as though they had fallen out quickly, and with a touch of uncertainty. Sorea lifted her head, suddenly feeling a weight that had been hovering over her disappear. Being deaf wasn't really a secret, just a fact that she didn't like to mention right away. But there was something about the warmth and good nature of Jedi she found relateable--appealing, more so--and the urge had suddenly come upon her not to keep it from him.

He could possibly be her only friend aside from Ashara, and it felt good to get her defect out into the air. "What do you think a deaf mare could do for the kingdom?" she asked him, her little confidence noticeable. In that moment, Sorea considered Ashara's job, but she wasn't much of the "go-getting" type. Shy and laid back on most occasions, Sorea preferred to be alone, if not in the company of a trusted friend.

The stag was relieved to hear the mares secret, it was not good news, but it was not a secret that the stag had to bare. He felt for her, although he was shocked by her announcement, he could not tell that she was Deaf she held a conversation like any other horse.

She asked Jedi what she could be used for in the Kingdom, although he did not try to falter a horses decision most of the mares chose the diplomat side. A deaf horse should not be a warrior for they could not hear a sneak attack. "You could always be a diplomat, Ashara is usually off with her duties as one" he spoke as he normally would. He was unaware of how he should act, does he look at her all the time? did she read body language? She read his words just fine before he knew, so he tried to act as normal as possible. "Although you could always ask Ygritte for a position in the Kingdom, care taker of the foals perhaps?" he suggested. There already was foals in the kingdom and more on the way, with others having positions to maintain a care taker could be useful in the kingdom.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    As Jedi spoke, Sorea thought she might enjoy being a care-taker of the foals, but first, she wanted to assure him. "Please, continue to be yourself," she said, noticing slight traces of tension in his body. "Now that you know, don't change. You've been doing quite well. I find it easy to understand you."

The mare then stepped toward him, and playfully nipped at a strand of his mane. Does he have a foal? Or possibly, more than one? The question had suddenly sprang into her mind, and it was then Sorea began to wonder about his intentions. Ever since venturing to this new land, this stallion had always been nearby, and maybe for more than friendship.

Although Sorea didn't want to assume such direct things about a horse she was beginning to know, she hoped, maybe, that her defect wouldn't put him off from one day considering her in such a way. Never before had she had a stallion as a romantic or breeding companion, but if she were to take on a position in the kingdom as a foal care-taker, perhaps she ought add one of her own...

"Jedi..." Sorea started, stepping back and dipping her head shyly. "Do you... do you have a family?"

The stag was embarrassed the Sorea had noticed he was trying to make it easier for her to understand him. He was curious to what life was like without sound, how would you know if someone was coming? If a fire happened you couldn't hear the flames whipping around. He was curious to how she made it so long without any sound to guide her. "Sorry" he muttered after she told him not to act differently. 

Jedi's head perked up as she had asked him if he had been courted, or had a kin. He gazed the horizon for a few moments before looking back at the mare "I do not, unlike most stags I dont feel the need to compete for anothers attention." in fact he refused to stoop so low to find affection from another horse. "I have not had the time to court a mare, nor do I have a kin" the stag paused wondering if she had a foal of her own previously "Have you ever had a foal?" he asked curious to her life before the Falls.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.