• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I set out on a narrow way many years ago ~ [Archam, Silic, any]
    The Nokota stallion feels more confident this time as he nears the edge of the edge of the meadow, the new mare he had claimed, Silic, about even with his flank. He turns his neck to look at her with a small smile. This is entirely new for him- he is not sure how to treat her, to act with her, how to protect her. The only example he's seen is his own parents, the ones responsible for the dark desires festering deep inside of him. But he has chosen to ignore them and choose his own path.

He has not spoken much on the trip from the field to here, thinking mostly about what to do next. He and Silic are to look for a herdland together, somewhere that makes them both happy. He had been thinking about taking a herd to the Volcanic Village in the Chamber, but a certain stallion he met in the field and then again in the meadow made him think differently. Ironically, he had come from the same kingdom as the horse he and Silic had just left in the field- the Falls. He snorts at the idea and shakes off the idea of meeting Archam again, one concept he is not particularly found of. Besides, Silic had not seemed to like the idea of a kingdom. They would have to find their home elsewhere.

"So... I guess this will be our home for a while," He says, looking out across it. He nips playfully at her mane, shoving the dark thoughts to the back of his mind. He does not have to think about such things, nor does he want to. He smells the air for familiar scents, and his tail swishes once as he recognizes a few. He hopes that one in particular, the one that is distinctly male, is old and that the stallion he dreads of seeing will be somewhere far away today. 

He makes a small, pathetic attempt at conversation. "Where did you live before you came here?" He asks, swishing his tail at her flank.

"Well, I used to live in the Valley with my family. Barely enough horses to make a small herd. We were isolated from the kingdom so we never heard important news." My talking and walking faltered for a few seconds before I continued on. " I'm not exactly sure what happened that day but I guess there was a forest fire, but my heard couldn't evacuate soon enough, since we didn't hear anything of it. I was separated from the heard and found my way to the point were the fire died down. I was never sure what happened to the rest of them, so I left to find a new home." I start to regret telling him my story. After all he only asked where I lived. I press closer to him feeling a little down as I push the terrifying images from my head. I knicker at him softly, giving him a playful push. " So, mind telling me your story?"
    He coughed, a sharp exhale in the cold winter air. A fresh coat of snow lay on the grass, barely an inch high, so that the brown grass was still poking out. He stares down at it, taking special notice as he tried to avoid Silic's gaze. He lets out a small chuckle as she shoves him, but is not sure how to comfort her about the fire. That must have been awful... "I'm very sorry," He says awkwardly. He envies her having grown up in Beqanna, this beautiful place, by any means, something that intensifies as she asks for his story in return. 

His shoulders stiffen, and his knees lock into place so that he is walking with legs as straight as sticks. He is not sure how to share about his former herd, but he supposes that is only fair. "I did not grow up here," he begins. "My old herd was somewhat... it... It was much more intense than here. I was the second son of my father, so I wasn't his heir and forced to leave. I wandered around for a few years, tried to start my own herd several times, then I found this place." He does not want explain the lessons from his father he had learnt before leaving. He feels that since he is learning to forget them, they aren't necessary anyway. So he changes the subject quickly, sensing that this is a sore topic for both of them. "Any ideas for where you want to start a herd? A particular kingdom you want to visit?"

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam was in the meadow on his usual stroll, seeking out a mare to join his herd. The beautiful bay roan was trotting, leaving an inprint of his hoof with every step he took. He came to a halt as a familiar scent was drawn to him, it was Titanium. A smirk was quick to grow on his face but it dissapeared as he had smelled a female with him. let the game begin he thought to himself as he broke into a gallop heading in there direction. Another mare to steal from under Titanium, but this time Archam would be the second horse to arrive. 

He shortly arrived to the two but as he caught the tail end of the conversation it would appear that Titanium had already courted the mare, the stag turned emotionless as the fun was ripped out from underneath him. Getting under Titaniums skin was the best part of wandering the meadow. Although as he did catch the tail end of the conversation, they were looking for a home. Archams grin was quick to return to his face at the thought of Titanium and his last conversation. "Well hello Titanium" he spoke grinning at him, his gaze turned to the female, he dipped his head and spoke with confidence and flirt lingering in his voice "And hello to you madam" the mare was beautiful and would be sure to catch the eye of any stag. Archam was rather impressed that Titanium had courted her.

That being said he turned his gaze back to Titanium "I couldnt help but over hear your conversation, my offer still stands to join the Falls, you both can" he said panning over to the female before returning his gaze to the stag "although, you both will be my recruit" the last sentence seeped out of his mouth with joy. The stag puffed his chest out and was hopeful that Titanium would alas accept his offer to come to the Falls with him.

archam

I twitch my ears a his apology, an unnecessary thing for my story. That was all in the past and I have now moved on. There is no need to be sorry for it. I take note of the uncomfortable position he took at my question about his life story, obviously a touchy subject for him. I take in my surroundings more as he tells some of what happened in the past for him. I felt the need to get more information out of him but I knew that would be quite rude so I kept my mouth shut. I perked up when he asked me what kingdom I wanted to visit and I swished my tail in excitement. "Well, I've always been interested in what The Dale might be like. I've heard other horses talking about it. It sounds very beautiful. Do you think we'd be able to go there?" I ask, trying to shake and annoying clump of snow from my hoof. It flings up unexpectedly and lands on my snout. I snort in surprise and wipe in on your flank.

My ears perk at the sound of another horse around us, I flare my nose and catch the scent of a male horse. I spot him walking towards us and watch him as he approaches us and greeted Titanium, noticing the grim look he had. He then greeted me and I could hear the flirt and confidence in his voice. I bring my head up high, staying and stare at him with my eyes squinted in a small glare staying silent, suspicious of his doing here. He talks about an offer to join the Fells still being open and I switch my gaze to look at Titanium questionably. I become self conscious as his gaze lands on me for a few seconds and I walk to the other side of Titanium waiting for his response, still uncomfortable around this new stallion.
    He lets out a small groan under his breath as the smell of the Falls stallion grows stronger. He really does not want to deal with him today, but now it appears he has no choice. He shuffles half a step closer to Silic, wary that the other horse will attempt to take her from him, like he had done before. He barely notices the new streak of mud and snow on his side, stark contrast against blue-gray. He shields the mare as she ducks behind him, happy to do so, especially when he can sense Archam's "flirtatious" tone, so different than the last time they had met in the meadow, when he had been somewhat bearable to be around instead of this obnoxious "fake gentleman" mask he seemed to put on around mares. He turns his eyes to the stallion as he approaches, his vision tinting green as a pulse of jealousy shoots through him. He shoves it aside- he has Silic by his side now, he does not need to be jealous of the mares Archam has stolen out from under his nose. "Of course we can visit," He whispers to Silic in reference to their earlier conversation.

He grits his teeth as Archam speaks, tempted to challenge him to a battle right then and there, but did not for fear of scaring Silic. Besides, telling the truth had appeared to work with her, perhaps doing so again would work with Archam as well. "Hello, Archam," He responds, though he can't seem to remove the terse tone edged with dislike. He almost immediately rolls his eyes as the bay roan makes the same offer he was determined to make the last time they had met in the meadow. A teasing grin creeps across his face. "Seems to me like you really want me around," he taunts teasingly. Much as he wants to refuse the offer right then in there, he can't, really. The Falls is one of the two neutral kingdoms in Beqanna, and he really doesn't want to get mixed up in all the drama that has been going around these past two years. So he and Silic actually might end up there. Besides, the Falls is actually on the way to the Dale. They'd pretty much have to pass through at any rate. He doesn't want to give Archam the satisfaction by saying this out loud, however. So instead he wrinkles his nose and says begrudgingly, "Talk to me later about that, sonny." He doesn't know why the nickname comes out of his mouth, especially considering that he is most likely younger than the other stallion, but he doesn't take it back. "The Falls is on the way to the Dale, anyways, if we're exploring and you want me around so desperately than perhaps we can spare a few minutes for a visit," He says, giving a quick look to Silic.

Eep, wasn't quite sure how to get him to accept, so here we are.

The stag gave a laugh as Titanium was quick to protect the mare at his side, should still stallion be worthy of courting he should not fear losing her. Archam on the other hand could not promise he would not go after this mare, she was beautiful and he would love to have her in his herd; she seemed rather content with Titanium for the time being.

Titanium continued to show his dislike towards Archam, although Archam knew that Titanium truly enjoyed his company whether he would admit it or not. "The Dale?!" Archam laughed at the mention of curiosity to the kingdom. "The Dale has no life, it is so low in numbers an invasion could happen at any time" the stag spoke trying to make the Falls sound as the clear better choice. "I simply cannot allow you to travel through the Falls, if you want to visit that is fine, but I will introduce you as my recruits" Archam was sure to fit in recruit as much as he could. He knew it got under Titaniums skin, he was a young stag who did not want to accept the offer of help that Archam reached out. It was truly a kind act from Archam, he usually could care less if a horse had died from starvation in the winter season. For whatever reason Archam found interest in the stag who was younger, but very close in age. Archam could not explain why he felt friendly towards Titanium, he generally didnt give any stag the time of day.

Archam turned to the mare that was with Titanium "Im sorry i didn't catch your name, Titanium had the joy of introducing myself for me" he flicked his eyes at the stag almost like a roll before again setting them on the mare "The falls has plenty of mares, most that are friendly, there is plenty for you to do and the Kingdom is the most beautiful to be in" he spoke truthfully, hoping the mare would settle on the Falls over the Dale, she might prove easier to convince than Titanium. 

archam

OOC: sounded good! just like Titanium :p
    I listen to their conversation quietly waiting and trying to read their expressions for more information. I catch a look of jealousy in Titanium's eyes but it disappears as quickly as it came. Certainly it can't be from this stallion, he's no better than the other on in the field. What was his name? Ah yes, Jedi. Plus, I wouldn't go anywhere willingly with him unless it's needed. How do they know each other anyways? I snap out of my concentration as Titanium whispers something to me. I grin approvingly at him but quickly turn back to my serious face as my gaze lands on the stallion again. So then, his name is Archam, not too bad.

I listen to them talk a little longer when Titanium mentions going through the falls and gives me a quick glance. I hesitate before nodding at him to let him know I'm okay with it, but still giving Archam wary looks. I snort disapprovingly when he starts out laughing about the Dale and give him a glare when he states rude comments about it. I've never seen the Dale, but its certainly not as he describes it. My anger flares even greater when he hopefully 'offers' us as recruited in the Fells. I dig my hoof into the ground to prevent myself from making a sharp comeback. I twitch my ears at what he says next and reply calmly showing none of the anger I have in my voice. "My name is Silic" I say bowing my head grudgingly. " I have heard that the Fells is a beautiful place, but I had no in tensions in visiting the place before, but I guess we'll have to cross it anyways. Let's hope what you say about it is true."
    The blue roan can't help but snort at Archam's antics as a whole. By this point, he is fully aware that the other stallion is attempting to annoy him as much as possible, though it still mystifies him as to why. Clearly, they do not like each other, but it is with some sick amusement that Titanium must admit that he enjoys the easy banter that they share. It is... stimulating, in some way. It keeps the blade of the Nokota's quick wit sharp and ready for use. How unfortunate that the horse he shares it with must be so obnoxious. He tosses his head once, partly out of teasing, but mostly out of annoyance at the idea of being a 'recruit.'

"Go ahead, we both know you won't do that, because we won't be staying for long," Titanium says firmly, hoping his little knowledge of the kingdoms is correct in this area. He thinks that it's not exactly right for Archam to introduce them as recruits when they are going to leave. It simply doesn't make sense. However, the jabs and digs at the Dale anger him greatly, not so much at where they are directed, but rather at the arrogance that is clear behind each syllable that the stallion pronounces. Surely he knows that the Falls are no better? The lids of his eyes slide down so the pupils are narrowed into slits, though he attempts to shake off his irritation with the other stallion. He is not going to let Archam get a rise out of him, or one of his little tantrums, which he seems to be getting under his control better with each passing day. He can feel Silic's body tense so much that it brushes against his as she tries to contain herself. He frowns and nudges her, attempting a wordless apology for Archam's presence and harsh words for the land she had dreamed of exploring.

"If all the Falls has to offer is beauty, I'm not sure we'll end up making our home there after all," He remarks sharply, casting a glare at Archam. He does not like that Archam is selling it to them, doing everything within his power to get them there. He has no doubt that in some way Archam will benefit if they do decide to stay, after all, he is sure he is not just interested in Titanium's company. Certainly, their banter is enjoyable, but what stallion in his right mind would invite another right to his home turf where the mares are? Either way, it gives him a chance to get back at the other stallion for stealing from him, a prospect that makes his ears prick in anticipation. Certainly it's not ideal, but if Archam wants them to stay so bad, he wants something out of the deal. Not when he could go to the Dale and be as far away from this annoying stallion as possible.

Arthas could tell the pair was growing irritated with him. He was quick to adjust himself to keep them hooked. It appearee as the mare wanted to go to the Dale, and that was were the idea came from. Archam shrugged it off, he knew they would stay at the Falls once they entereed the falls. It was beautiful and had life to offer, the Dale had more stags than mares, nothing that would interest a stallion trying to grow his herd. 

Archam puffed his chest out and gave a wary look "alright you can come visit" he laughed it off and turned around ready to begin the trip back to the Falls. Although Every encounter with Titanium lit a fire in Archam he found himself in a frenemy position with this stallion. He would offer them a home, it would look good on Archam to bring them back, and at the same time give these horses a place to call home. "Are you coming?" He said impatiently flicking his tail, continueing to walk towards the Falls, not offering another look to ensure they were following. 

archam

OOC: i can make a post in the Falls when you are ready to visit