• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I set out on a narrow way many years ago ~ [Archam, Silic, any]
    He coughed, a sharp exhale in the cold winter air. A fresh coat of snow lay on the grass, barely an inch high, so that the brown grass was still poking out. He stares down at it, taking special notice as he tried to avoid Silic's gaze. He lets out a small chuckle as she shoves him, but is not sure how to comfort her about the fire. That must have been awful... "I'm very sorry," He says awkwardly. He envies her having grown up in Beqanna, this beautiful place, by any means, something that intensifies as she asks for his story in return. 

His shoulders stiffen, and his knees lock into place so that he is walking with legs as straight as sticks. He is not sure how to share about his former herd, but he supposes that is only fair. "I did not grow up here," he begins. "My old herd was somewhat... it... It was much more intense than here. I was the second son of my father, so I wasn't his heir and forced to leave. I wandered around for a few years, tried to start my own herd several times, then I found this place." He does not want explain the lessons from his father he had learnt before leaving. He feels that since he is learning to forget them, they aren't necessary anyway. So he changes the subject quickly, sensing that this is a sore topic for both of them. "Any ideas for where you want to start a herd? A particular kingdom you want to visit?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I set out on a narrow way many years ago ~ [Archam, Silic, any] - by Titanium - 03-30-2016, 03:42 PM