• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Another one Bites the Dust [Shaya, Any]

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

The stag and mare reached the entrance of the falls "Shaya, this is the Falls" he spoke with a smile on his face, he had recruited three horses to this kingdom in the short time he had been there, he thought it was remarkable and was proud of his accomplishments. He gazed over the horizon, the waterfall off in the far end, roaring away in the winter evening. Archam gave a whinny to the kingdom, echoing for all to hear, he was hopeful the others would come to meet the new mare.

"I hope you will come to enjoy the falls, and join my herd" he gave a smile extending his neck to nuzzle her shoulder, before withdrawing and moving forward to the inner circle of the Falls.

archam

@[Shaya]
    Shaya remained quiet during the journey, thinking that the still silence was the best way to embrace and observe her new surroundings. She followed the large stallion unquestioningly, somehow knowing she had nothing to fear from him. He startled her out of her reverie with a loud whiny, causing her to start a bit whicker softly in surprise. She realized then it was a whiny of greeting instead of threat and allowed herself to relax and take in the land around her. It was beautiful, and Shaya's dark eyes surveyed The Falls, her ears pricked forward at the far off sound of the waterfall crashing onto the rocks below. She smiled at his comment that she would hopefully enjoy this new place, and stay with him as well.

He reached out to touch her gently, and she leaned into the comfort he provided. His long neck retracted and he strode further into the strange land, the dark mare trailing closely behind him. Shaya extended her stride, making an attempt to walk in line with the stallions long legs. "I believe I will come to like it here, and I would enjoy staying with you, being part of your herd. It is very beautiful here." She smiled, a faraway look in her eyes as she walked in line with the larger horse. "You know, for all of this I never did catch your name?"
    ASHARA

Golden hues contrasted against the frosted topography, glinting from the low hanging sun. It’s rays offering some warmth. She took a moment to rest, enjoying the solitude, taking a break from work. With a hind leg bent, ears flopped to the side and eyes closed her mind wandered to the queen’s twins. They were growing so fast.

Above the roar of the falls a faint whiny pulled her from her trance. It didn’t sound urgent but the voice was unfamiliar and worth investigating. Unsure of it’s direction she heads towards the entrance, until smell confirms the location. The masculine scent she had noticed before, especially along the trail to the field. The other is unknown but she carries a little of the field with her, must be new.

Amber pools befall the lovebirds, they make a nice pair, both roans. However, the stallion makes her uneasy, his size doesn’t help. Still she approaches seemingly confident, after all that’s her job. Timing seems perfect as her auds pick up the femme’s question.

“Hello, welcome to the Falls. My name is Ashara.” She speaks with conviction. Honey-hued cranium dipping in respect before reaching out a nostril in greeting to the duo. Hiding her skepticism well.

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

✣✣SHAYA✣✣

Just as the question left her lips, Shaya caught the scent of a second mare carried by the icy breeze. The honey colored horse approached the pair, introducing herself as Ashara and giving a nod in respect. Although she was a bit taken aback by the presence of another horse, she was never one to be shy. "Hello Ahara. It's lovely to meet you. My name is Shaya." The younger mare mimicked Ashara's bow of respect, going a bit lower to indicate respect to the beautiful mare. She lightly reached out and touched her own nose to the golden mare's; light to dark.

She was sure that the stallion's whinny had summoned the other mare, but Shaya didn't mind. She welcomed the new company and was eager to learn more about this new land she was in. She had seen marring the snow an array of hoof prints, all of different sizes and shapes and she had wondered when she would meet some of their owners. "This place...it's magical. Do you live here too?" She spoke to Ashara this time, wondering if perhaps a friendship could grow between them. 

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam gave a grin as the mare accepted his proposition to his herd, he was so happy that she had chosen to join his herd. He knew she would love the Falls, and being apart of his herd. He already had courted two mares and she was his second. He was content with the three mares and didn't have a drive to continue expanding the herd until breeding season was on them. He extended his neck out to muzzle her shoulder appreciative that she would be with him.

The stag was quickly embarassed as she said she didnt know his name, how did he forget to tell her his name? He took a breath in to begin speaking but before he could get any words out a golden mare approached them. He gave a grin towards her as she was quite beautiful, he had never met this mare yet but she spoke as though she had been here for a while. He returned her dip with one of his own "Hello Ashara, I am Archam" he spoke with a strong voice not only introducing himself to Ashara but Shaya as well, as soon as he finished Shaya joined the conversation greeting the mare. He watched the two interact awaiting a response from Ashara on behalf of Shayas question.

archam

ASHARA

Shaya and Archam. She committed the names and scent to memory. The small kingdom was growing in the short time since it was just Ygritte and herself 5 seasons ago, it was hard to keep track but that was her job.

“Thank you, I fancy this land too. Have you seen the Falls? The mist is a little chilly this time of year, refreshing in the summer and it holds the power to heal any ailment. Yes, I joined the kingdom over a year ago. It has grown in numbers tremendously since then. I have to say I love it, and I love the work. Are you staying with us as a resident or have you two joined a caste?” The last question directed at both of them. Just over a year and she had rose in rank from student to right hand woman, although there was still much to learn. Her loyalty and dedication driving that knowledge, perfecting social skills, desiring to be the best. She caught the way the stallion looked at her, something she was seeing far too much of. She tried to ignore it, hoping he wouldn’t press, remaining professional and courteous. Should it come to it, she’d pull out the ‘I’m already taken’ card.

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day