• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HORSES IN THE FALLS - mandatory kingdom meeting
    Having gotten a smile from Ygritte, I smiled gently back with a look in my eye to explain Sunfall's presence while she giggled about Ygritte's little joke with Sunfall. "Morning Ygritte." I murmur softly as I twitch an ear up.

Soon, though, more horses appeared, and many I didn't recognize. Spotting Ashara and Jedi, I gave a gentle nicker over to the two of them as a quick greeting. When I looked around for any more familiar faces, I spotted another stallion, whom I did not know.

"Sunfall... why did you come, darling?" I murmur to her as she giggles naughtily at me, an ear still flopped like a dog's. "To hear what he has to say." She says, and I sighed at her unnatural - but welcome, for me - behavior and knowledge. I knew it wasn't a trait but was still amazed and worried by her old soul, her wisdom, her common sense and respect for leadership; it was too.. odd for a foal to be like this. I appreciated it but worried that most couldn't stand it.

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam watched as the lead stag began to talk, he glanced around as the other horses from the kingdom began to appear from all over the area. Nadeli was the only mare from his herd to appear and he made his way over to her, hoping the other two would appear and decide to place next to them.

His head flickered up as the king spoke about chosing a Caste, he had not been formally informed about the castes, although has figured them out based off watching them. He was obviously going to choose the Warrior Caste. "Kreios, I would like to join the Warrior Caste" he called out. He had brought 3 mares, hoping to gain more. The kingdom was growing and he had a part in that, and he wanted to be able to support the kingdom with any attacks or steals that came there way. He did not want to discuss it infront of the kingdom but wanted to let it be known he desired to claim lands aside from the kigndom. He did not enjoy living with the general population, but this was something that he would speak to Kreios with after this meeting. He flicked his tail and looked to Nadeli curious to what Caste she would choose.

archam

Nadeil looked at Archam which one would she chose she didn't even know what they were she whispered to Archam "what are castes ?"

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

I glance over at Jedi as he arrives, pleased to see the overo stallion. I remain quiet other than a welcoming smile. The next to arrive is a pinto mare I’ve never seen before, but she clings to Archam’s side and I assume that she is one of his mares. She doesn’t answer the question of castes, and seems cautious. The next to arrive is a red-gold mare, and then the filly that Ygritte seems to have adopted. She doesn’t stay long, and no one speaks up at all.

This is rather frustrating, I think with a scowl.

Perhaps ruling a large kingdom is more difficult than I’d imagined.

“Any thoughts at all?” I ask again, looking from face to face. “If not, I intend to go the the Dale to renew our alliance.” (I glance to Ygritte, trying to gauge her reaction) “And then possible to the Desert, since I have family ties to the place.” My father rules there, I do not say; there is no reason to. It is enough for me to be known as the King of the Falls, I’ve no desire to reclaim my title as Prince of the Desert as well.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien
    Anahi's breath was rapid as she raced toward Kreios' calling, realizing that he must have been summoning the others in the kingdom for a meeting. The champagne mare had been exploring the forests of the kingdom and checking for any signs of trouble near where she lived with Archam's herd. Luckily, she hadn't spotted anything, and had been prepared to return to the herd for some grazing time, but then she heard Kreios calling.

She'd taken off toward where it had originated, becoming angry with herself for being late, for as she approached, she could already hear Kreios discussing plans of venturing to Dale and to the Desert for alliances.

Bowing her head to the king as she approached, Anahi gave him an apologetic look, "Apologies for being late; I was exploring the lands around Archam's herd. What have I missed?"
    ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining It's gotta be a cloudy day

Her panicked eased slightly as the painted stag approached, his nicker was greeted with one of her own. “What took you so long?” She joked. Another pinto approached, this one she did not know but it appeared she was one of Archam’s and her nervousness conveyed it wasn’t a good time for introductions anyway.

Much to her relief the deaf mare had found the gathering. Ashara moved aside to allow room for the dappled femme and waited till she was settled. “Kreios, the king has summoned a meeting. He’d like to know if anyone joining a caste has yet to do so.” She mouthed slowly. Leaving out the alliances since the newcomer had as much knowledge about them as the golden vixen. The bay roan took her attention when declaring his new role. Good we need more warriors not that a war was imminent but just for appearances alone, a balanced kingdom is a healthy one.

She remained silent, hoping someone with experience could answer the kings questions, although this seemed to irritate him. “Kreios… She paused to get his attention. “Although I know very little of these other kingdoms I think these alliances are a great idea. From what I’ve heard, those places have a similar moral code as we do. I would be honoured to go with you and learn?” The confidence in her voice still surprised her. She had only called the Falls her home for a year and a half and yet it was her whole life. Her sense of duty suppressed her original fears and she was becoming a content and purposeful woman.

Credit Image stock (starrlightstarbright.dA)/ Artist (Vita)

[Sorry, I was waiting my turn]

Jedi gave a small chuckle as Ashara teased him and nudged her shoulder in response. He turned slightly as Sorea made her way over to the two, he gave a smile and a nod in her direction happy to see the mare made her way to the kingdom meeting; she must have seen the others all going in the same direction.

He turned his attention back to Kreios who began to talk about making an alliance with the Dale. He did not know much about the Dale, but that must be a good thing. There were kingdoms known for being evil, and desiring wars; but the Dale was not one he heard to have those desires. He turned to look at Ashara who was more than happy to agree with the alliance, even to travel with them to make the alliance. Ashara was growing in the ranks of the kingdom at a rapid pace, he was proud of her accomplishments and her willingness for this Kingdom. He couldn't help but smile at his successful friend. "Kreios, I agree the alliance would be beneficial to our kingdom. If you need me to join on the journey I will, or I can stay behind and watch the boarder." the stag would be willing to do as the kingdom needed him, whether it be as protection in case the alliance request didn't go well, or to protect the kingdom.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    As each horse offered their preferred choice of aiding the growing kingdom, Sorea wondered just what exactly she could do. It was times like these she became very aware of her deafness, and how it hindered her in comparison to others. Eyeing a bay roan stallion, Sorea read that he preferred to join a warrior caste, but immediately knew such a thing wouldn't be right for her.

The red-gold spotted mare bobbed her head happily as Jedi had taken note of her approach, and when he spoke, she found he was happy either to go to the Dale or remain patrolling the kingdom.

Perhaps I could do that...

Sorea flared her nostrils in determination at the thought of patrolling the borders of the Falls. Being deaf, her already enhanced sense of sight, smell and other skills of detection had developed even more than the average horse. Besides, being a Patroller had the assumption of solitude to it, something she was quite used.

"Perhaps I should be of the group that stays behind to keep watch on the border," Sorea spoke, her gentle words directed to Kreios, a king she had never met before. No need for him to know of her defect; she'd be able to get the job done despite it.
    [Is this thread still going?]
    no, but ygritte and kreios will be making ppostssots for the respective castes soon! :)