• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blue eyes ; Blue oceans ; ANY
    Deep concentration flitted over the dark mares face. Long ivory tendrils flicked over her patterned legs that yearned to run out into the field. Yet she stayed hidden away in the cover of the surrounding trees. The many horses that dotted this desolate place irked her to the pit of her being. Pale blue orbs looked at them in envy. Freely chatting to one another petal like ears perked as they laughed or smiled. She never spoke really. In most cases she played mute just to be left alone. 

She didnt know why she was here at all. It was to hot out for her to be bothered yet she was here. Enjoying the gentle shade from the trees above her. Stepping out she squinted as the bight afternoon sun shone brightly upon her. Dark yet seemingly white legs carried her forward. Grace marked this creature though she didnt seem to think so. She had a sort of hauntingly beautiful elegance in her step. The way those piercing blue eyes fell upon the others as she began to make way for an empty part of the clearing. 

A hum escaped her dark lips as the gentle breeze swept the tail like grass upon her under belly. Despite her not wanting to admit it she was enjoying herself. Getting out to see others for once. She offered a colt a smile who ran proudly next to its mother as they passed.

SHe soon stopped near the center of the large area. SOme others looked up tilting there heads to which she ducked hers pretending to graze. Her attempt at civilness was over. Now to possibly be left alone. Though she deeply wouldnt mind company if it came to find her in the hours that she would be here.

Muzzle brushed against the soft shoots of grass fondly. She wasnt hungry yet she allowed her teeth to pull the blades out of the earth and swallow. Lifting her head she let out a forced yet curious whicker from deep within her chest. It was melodic and soft. A hint of rasp to it.

"How truly satisfying it is to speak after so long."

The mare muttered before once more lowering her head below the tall grases as a form of shade for her eyes.

"How truly satisfying."
    If not today, Why not tomorrow? 
    Kimber hadn't the opportunity to choose her home, it chose her if you really think about it - all that cosmic type of shit. She wonders sometimes if she would have fit in better elsewhere but once she mulls over the options in her head, she always knows the Chamber is where she belongs. She is not like some of her other kingdom mate's setting things ablaze, no hot tempers calling out to war -- but she belongs.

After war had released her wrath, all kingdoms found themselves wanting to repair and the start of that was new members. The death count had started to get out of control and although the Chamber faired better than most it wouldn't hurt to recruit. The blue mare listens as a female voice carries, though dry and almost silenced with misuse. The mare was alone and talking to herself but the content had been all but missed. Kimber approaches the bay mare, a nicker given to her so as not to startle her. "Kimber from the Chamber - I'm not sure I've seen or heard anything truly satisfying as of late, so please share what you're having," she says candidly, a little hint of 'is this bitch crazy' in her eyes as she looks her over - decent build, no outward deep scarring and relatively young. It was her job as a Captain to scout members of the army, although she couldn't decide for them she wished this for the kingdom. A diplomat can talk to hundreds, a warrior can battle two at the most.

"Just visiting or looking for something a little more permanent?" she inquires, not wanting to be pushy but Kimber wasn't the best at diplomacy or introductions. She didn't know how to talk in embellishments but she was living proof that life in the Chamber was good.
    Kimber
    sui domina et libera
    Ears snapped backward at the presence. She raised her head turning to look at the other. She didn't blink twice. This mare was blue. And she was alright with that it seemed. The words the mare spoke drifted to the other head tilting slightly she thought for a few moments the breeze playing upon her silvery mane as she looked to the ground.

"Nour of no where. Currently at least."

The voice wasnt as thick before but more as laced with curiosity. Kimber. What an interesting name. The blood colored mare assumed it seemed more normal than hers. Hooves shifted nervously in the dirt her eyes raising to meet the others.

"It depends on what you speak of. The meadow... who knows? Here in general. Just visiting. All of us mortals are."

She noded with a whispy sigh looking to the pale skies. Tendrils whipped over her sides roughly at the flies that rested there angering her a bit. Finding it rude to look around int he presence of another she looked back to the ocean colored mare. How odd her coat was. Black as well as blue. Like the sky really. Mystifying.
    Kimber wasn't much on female company usually, mostly because they just seemed to make sarcastic comments and then couldn't handle it when it was handed back to them. The blue mare had absolutely no female friends and although she didn't necessarily have a yearning to fill that role, she did wish for more to join the Chamber - she disliked being the only female hanging around in general.

Kimber didn't know what it was like to be mortal but her immortality was still unfounded to her. She was five so her prime has only just begun but she will forever be this age, at least on a physical plane. "I'm not the best person to talk philosophically with, I'd prefer brawn to battles of wit but I believe mortality keeps our egos in check," she comments, Kimber never really spoke about how she felt or really thought - it was all internalized, like a good warrior should be. "But, then again - I know lots who need a swift kick in the teeth." She thinks about Nymph now, she wouldn't mind cow-kicking him to being less of a whiney asshole as of late but that was a different story for another time. "It's quite nice here, I will admit but my home has a little more to offer than pretty scenery. In fact, we're recovering from a war and most of our home is now resprouting grass from being burned but the people are interesting," she chuckles, oh how true that statement was. They had necromancers, magma King, bunny eaters, wolf shifting - fire manipulators, there was no shortage on their freakshow. "I can tell you about just any of the kingdoms around Beqanna but I don't want to overwhelm you..." she isn't sure what to say as she feels the mare's eyes wash over her again. Kimber forgets not everyone is used to seeing a blue mare.

The great part about Beqanna was that Kimber was considered normal - at least in appearance.
    Kimber
    you can't love a cold-blooded woman
    She allowed her dark hooves to raise only to fall once more. Wind whipped over her and she snorted angrily. War. Some how a war.

"Im terribly sorry. No one should have to experience such things."

Nour muttered looking away. How incredibly rude of her to lay her eyes upon another like that. No one liked ot be stared at as if they were five headed with six legs and a cougars tail. This mare compared to most was utterly normal. Not plain like herself. Just normal. Yet she supposed all held there own beauty.

"i see.... and your home is?"

She questioned allowing a laugh to roll over her at the mares comment. A swift kick to the teeth is what she would like to give others at times as well.
    Nour - please join your character on the join board before continuing to post.

Thanks! :)
    got it *-*))
    She can tell the mare is growing a little agitated with the dancing that you do when you come to the field so Kimber decides to simply cut the chase. "My home is in the Chamber, I'm the lieutenant of the Army but there is a peace side too. Many people to talk to, things to do, a sense of belonging if you wish - I won't keep you any longer, but I'm leaving for home so if you're coming..." she says, and throws her head in the direction of the Chamber and the blue mare takes a few steps in that direction. Nightfall would be coming soon, Kimber although brave and mighty didn't want to be in the field at night. There were beings that lurked in the field that were far more dangerous than those in the Chamber.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die
    A kurt nod came from the dark mare in return.
    " Yes, I will be coming."
    She spoke tiredly the knowing in her voice. Nightfall was not a time she enjoyed as much as others. Certainly in open spaces such as these where evil could have its pick and take the horses it wanted.

She shuddered at the mere thought of such things