• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(Any) "Some of my best friends never say a word to me".
    The sound of an ear-splitting neigh echoed toward the birds flying through the sky, startling a couple of them a few moments. Once they righted themselves, they took off as if nothing ever happened, though a number did glare down at the horse they knew had made that sound.

Iona couldn't help it; she was feeling rather good today. Spring always made her this happy; it was her favorite season, so it made sense. She loved being able to run through the fresh field grass, as she had been doing all season. She'd arrived shortly before the end of winter, a few days ahead of when the mares here that were pregnant by stallions that had decided to do so without laying claim were due.

Or perhaps they were mares that escaped? Not that it mattered a whole lot to Iona anyways. Not as long as she had room to run and feel the wind in her mane.

On this particular day, she'd already been on quite an exhilarating morning run. She'd covered a good distance of the field, and was now lingering in the tall grass down the slope from where the waterfall fell into the pond at the foot of the cliffside. A couple of other mares peppered the landscape, their steadily growing foals romping around and playing excitedly.

Iona did admit, she missed those days. Back in her home herd, she'd helped take care of the little ones, and was not afraid to admit the day when she would have one of her own excited her.

There was just one problem; the stallions. Every one she'd met up until now was incredibly crude toward her, something she disliked immensely. Before any of them could get to her, she'd taken off, and hadn't stopped traveling until she got far away from them. She'd traveled for a few months before arriving here, where it seemed the field was the only place where stallions didn't linger in every area trying to catch or claim a mare.

That would happen eventually, but for right now, Iona would enjoy the peace and quiet. A couple of neighs brought her attention to the mares grazing nearby; it seemed the mothers were calling for their little ones, a few of whom had started to drift over to Iona to investigate the chocolate flaxen mare.

Seeing the distress some of the mares expressed, possibly because Iona was technically a stranger and those mares all knew each other, the flaxen mare nickered at the foals, encouraging them to return to their dam's sides. Though curious, the foals took off back to the band of mares, a couple laying down for a nap while others proceeded to nurse and ease their hunger.

Iona stayed where she was, knowing it was wise to keep her distance. After a moment, she turned and decided to head for the waterfall, feeling that a nice, long drink, and maybe a short nap would help her in her search for relaxation.

(Iona is free to be claimed by a herd stallion, or approached by a kingdom resident/representative to be recruited)

Spring, the time of tiny foals and birds that chirped incessantly was in full swing throughout Beqanna. It was always a welcomed season after the long cold winter months. The warmth sank into his blood bay coat and chased the winter's chill from his bones. He had worked for so long to get to where he was, and he was close to gaining further promotions within his kingdom. It wasn't all for personal gain that brought him to the field. No, the stallion wanted more than just personal accomplishment, he hoped his efforts would build chamber into the Kingdom it was destined to be. Killdare, his king and dare he say it friend, deserved to have a full and loyal kingdom to rule. So he had left Chamber in pursuit of showing he had truly chosen the kingdom and would be loyal to the ashy lands and diverse population.

Nymphetamine stood in the field, in a gregarious attempt to convince others that the new Chamber was the place to put down roots. It was something that he truly believed in. If he hadn't, he would have chosen Gates, or fled both lands to hide away in some unknown corner of the world. Steeled eyes scanned the chilled field in hopes of finding an unaccompanied mare or stallion, or even an accompanied one that showed potential. The field was full of others searching for a home or for a new recruit, and Nymph had just arrived, to join in the game. A dark brown horse stood in the distance, isolated from all the others, she was as good a place as any to start.

The necromancer had decided and there wasn't much that could change his mind after that moment and set off ready to put his bets foot forward, for himself, and his kingdom. He approached stopped just close enough so that she would know he wished a conversation. A slight dip of his dark tipped muzzle in greeting signaled his intent and he moved a few steps closer, just to not have to talk loudly at the mare. "Great day to watch the field is it not?" He paused a moment to see her reaction and give her a moment to realize he was there...and not a threat. " I'm Nymphetamine, of Chamber. What might your name be?" He smiled, a small trivial thing, but it was genuine. He hoped this would end up wit a successful recruitment, but if not, then there was surely worse ways to spend the day.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

whoops I posted this on my OOC account. I would normally delete and repost, but you already replied. haha
    Nymphetamine|Tirzah|Slaybell

Iona, who at the time the stallion approached, had been grazing, lifted her graceful head to show she was acknowledging the male as he came up to her. She watched as he dipped his muzzle as a sign of greeting, stepping closer. For what reason, she didn't know at first, and she was inclined to take a step back, until he started speaking. Perhaps he just didn't feel like he had to shout to talk to her, which is why he had come to stand closer.

The chocolate flaxen mare, while a fan of her own personal space, did not see the stallion exhibiting any aggressive behavior. As long as he didn't, she wouldn't either. She allowed him to remain as close as he was, her ears twitching back and forth as she listened to him speak and took in his appearance.

Iona was not one to get infatuated by appearances alone, but dare she admit it, the stallion was quite handsome. His coat was a very deep bay, almost the color of blood, something she did find very intriguing. Never before had she seen a coat that color, and she was boasting a chocolate flaxen, a highly unusual color from where she originally came from. She briefly wondered how the former herds she stayed with would react to this stallion's coat color. Hers wouldn't seem so odd, now would it? She had never been ostracized for it, but receiving dirty or wary looks had been enough.

"It is a pleasant day to watch the field; quite a nice day that spring has brought us," she stated. Iona turned to face the stallion, noticing the small smile gracing his lips. One appeared on her own face without her knowledge as she dipped her own head in greeting, "It is nice to meet you Nymphetamine. I go by the name Iona. If you don't mind me asking, what is this chamber you speak of?"

The day was going on smoothly, the dark flaxen mare had taken well to his approach. There was much to do in a day, and he hoped to help this mare figure out where she belonged and then continue his tasks for Chamber. He allowed the space to between them to grow just a touch, as she gave the smallest of signs she was not the most comfortable. It was hard to judge the depth of another in a short time, but he tried to put all his diplomatic training to work as he worked to grasp if each horse he talked to about Chamber would be a good fit.

Chamber was not for everyone. It wasn't soft and sweet; it had a rustic rough side to it that he had learned to find the beauty in. Chamber was a place for loyal and brave, often it was not gentle, nor kind but it had formed him into something good, something he could be proud of and that was all that mattered now. The bay brought his attention to the mare from his thoughts, She had a soft voice, and seemed kind. he wondered if Chamber would fit her softness. "Pleasure to meet you, Iona. Chamber is one of the Kingdoms in Beqanna. Each kingdom has its own personality- if you will. There are different types of kingdoms, and some might fit you more than others. Chamber is more rustic than others, we tend to speak out minds, and value loyalty and courage. There are other kingdoms and they value and tend to behave differently than many of us in chamber do... though there are always exceptions to the rule. Not everyone who resides in a Kingdom fits the norm. It's all up to the individual."

He didn't push the thought further. but let the thought sink in. He was more than willing to show her his lands, but he wasn't the type to force it upon anyone. So he waited for her to ask further questions so he could grasp yet another glimpse into her personality.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc: i don't know what this is. meh. sory for the suck-age.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Iona listened carefully as Nymphetamine offered an explanation as to what the Chamber was. Apparently, it was a kingdom of some sort, though exactly how it worked, she did not know. Iona didn't know what question to ask next for a moment. It seemed that this stallion was in a hurry, and she did not wish to keep him away from whatever responsibilities he had.

So, instead, she went with another question, "And how does it work? Is there one large herd, or several herds split apart watched by a single stallion? Do you think I would fit in?"

This day had turned out to be interesting, The sun shone brightly above them and the air was a mixture of smells. The rich earthy grasses, the slurry of different kingdom scents, all drifted together swirling and mixing to form the unique but always shifting scent of the field. Today was no exception, and he found he missed the ashy pine-filled air of Chamber. He had been everywhere else but home recently and he was eager to return. Around him the conversations of others drifted to him in short snippets, he always listened for anything he should be aware of as one of Chamber's diplomats. Today it was just normal recruitment talk, nothing of concern so he allowed his attention to return to the Chocolatey mare.

He had forgotten how confusing Beqanna could be for a new comer as many lands didn't have kingdoms and herds and all the other oddities that make it a place he had learned to enjoy. He nodded to her questions about the organization of herd life and kingdom life and took the time to explain in further detail. Her last question made him stop and ponder. He wasn't sure he knew enough of her to make that decision. Iona seemed kind, the type that might have her heart on her sleeve, and he wondered if Chamber might chew her up and spit her out, or if she had a tough backbone that could handle Chamber's rough edges. Iona, that's a good question, I'm not sure I can answer that yet, and ultimately it will be your decision. Can you tell me a little more about yourself? What things do you value? Can you handle tough love? or do you prefer a softer way of things? I do not wish to pry, only want to see you in the right place."

He watched her closely, he needed to know if she was being honest with herself and with him. Nothing good would come from a recruitment that was all set up on false pretenses. He flicked his eyes over her, took in her body language, watched for any change, looked for any sign that she was untrue. He didn't expect it, but it was always cautious with the new ones... he knew what he had done when new. The blood bay's steel eyes took their time and ended back at her own dark pools. he took in her words and decided to ask a final question of her, "Are you a warrior, or a peacekeeper at heart?"

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc: sorry for the wait! I had grad school and was swamped wit hfinished the projects for the course. whomp whomp
    Iona carefully listened to all of the stallion's questions, thinking of an answer for each one as he went. When it came to the last one though, the mare seemed appalled. Did this stallion think she was a helpless filly who'd go running for help the second trouble started brewing?!

The chocolate flaxen stamped her hoof, glaring harshly at the stallion with her narrowed eyes. She wasn't weak, she could fight if there was a need for it. She just though that it was the pointless fights that were stupid.

"I can fight without any problems for your information. I don't tolerate those who are stupid or clueless, and if someone wants to start a fight, I'll finish the damn thing!" She finished her exclamation with a snort, flicking her tail in an irritated manner at the stallion who had questioned her ability to fight.

He watched her, her eyes seemed to tick through what he said. their depths unphased by each comment he made. He was honestly surprised, though he hid it behind his practiced poker face after a few years diplomatic practice. See she had seemed so unsure, rather timid and he had expected her to churn some of those thoughts over in her mind. But the day continued to unfold in a unique way that surprised him at every turn. As she offered no verbal retort to each question be had continued until his last, he knew it was the probably the most provoking but he hadn't meant any of it as an insult. More so a question to see if she would like to join the ranks within Chamber.

The chocolatey mare flung into a tissy though and had him out verbally. If he were a different sort he would have lowered his head and apologized for upsetting the lady. But as Iona slung her words the necromancer had started to smirk, then by the end of her tell-off he was barely able to keep the laughter at bay. The morning like glistened off oof his mahogany pelt and the made his steel eyes twinkle, in a way. He choked back the laughed with a small cough, "Well I'll be, she has some fire after all. Watch your temper though lass, or i know a few Chamberlings that would have some fun getting under your skin." He Shrugged off the whole thing, not caring if she was annoyed with him. "Anyway, I didn't mean it as a question of your ability, more wondering if you would join the army or the peacekeepers. But hey, if yu want to get your tail hairs in a bunch that's fine..... so you want to come see Chamber or not?"

Nymphetamine looked her up and down, sizing up the mare, not in the physical sense, but her character before he turned and turned to walk out of the field from their spot. The ranking diplomat moved a few strides before his dark hooves paused and this angular face glanced behind to see if the rustling noise was her footfall behind him or that of her moving out and away. Once he had his answer he started out of the Field, ready to make his way home.

Nymphetamine

ooc: after your reply here, I'll take this to the chamber Smile
    "Clearly you're one of them..." the mare muttered to herself, her eyes still flaming with anger, but starting to calm down a little bit. She stomped a hoof on the ground a couple times, almost escalating it to both of her front feet, but she calmed as fast as she had started becoming irritated with the blood-red stallion.

"Sure, I'll come take a look at your home," she said enthusiastically, her eyes now bright with enthusiasm and curiosity. The flame had disappeared completely, and all traces of anger were gone. She picked up the trot to catch up to the stallion, now focused on seeing what his home was like and determining if it'd be a good place for her to live.

OOC: Okay sounds good.