• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(Any) Keep Calm And Love Horses!
    Nitika shook out her long mane as a wonderful spring breeze brushed against her. Her now fully-shed white and brown coat shimmered in the sun's rays. The small brown marking between and covering her ears stood out proudly against her otherwise white coat, and that was something the mare was proud of.

She didn't care if she was different; she was proud to be. She'd often heard from her mother that her father had been a horse with her markings, but that Nitika had inherited her coat color from her mother. The fact she had received such traits from her parents made the young mare proud.

She let out a happy neigh as she continued to gallop through the field grass, absently gazing at the various mares and their foals that lived here. Like many times before, she had approached a few to see if she could make friends, but like many herds in the past, they'd chased her away with hooves flying, not wanting this strange colored horse near them.

Again, Nitika still didn't know why she was viewed as such a bad omen. She had coloring that wasn't that common, so what? It didn't mean she was bad luck or anything. In fact, she dared say she was good luck, considering that as a two-year-old a rainstorm had started at just the right time for her to get out of the canyon and escape the claws of the mountain lions that had been chasing her.

But, well, that's not how everyone else saw her. In Nitika's eyes, that was fine; she didn't want to, or need to be, accepted if everyone else wished to single her out. It just meant that they were as shallow as a mountain stream.

Keeping her distance as she ran past another group of mares, the paint decided that, after she finished her run, she'd find some quiet place to graze and then go rest among the trees, get used to this new place that would probably become her home from now on.

That is, if nobody chased her out first.

(Nitika is free to be claimed or approached by a kingdom horse)
    If anyone knows how it feels to be 'different' it's the dip-dyed mare. She is outcast from the mythical realm, there are no intricate wings atop her shoulders, no horns or fanciful things but she is not particularly accepted as 'normal' either.  The blue ombre mare had never really given it much thought herself but it had been brought up several times over the course of her life. Other's opinions of her didn't really matter though they used to.

Kimber sees the medicine hat mare and notices how wary she is in the presence of others and she decided to approach anyway. Kimber was never one for keeping to her business, it was her blessing and curse in life. "I'm Kimber from the Chamber, what brings you this way?" she says with a small grin, noticing the mare's sea blue eyes, "Have you seen a blood bay filly roaming around? Blind in one left eye? Goes by Vessel?" she adds in, her child was missing but she didn't want to make a huge deal about it. "Do you have children of your own?" The dip-dyed mare is so full of questions but she always feels like recruiting is too much like a show. Pick me, choose me, it's all too high stress for her. If Kimber were being honest with herself perhaps the reason she wanted to recruit in recent days is to have company, with her children gone and both of her once lovers unavailable she had found herself quite lonely.

She'd almost die before admitting loneliness though.
    Kimber
    you can't love a cold-blooded woman

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam has claimed four mares of his own and was looking to expand his herd with one more mare. He figured he could stop looking for mares after a fith. He made the travel from his kingdom to the field were most newcomers were, as he lurked around he spotted two mares he has never seen. Although the Chambers stench was all over the conversation, but it was mixed with a neutral scent, one of them had to be new. The large bay roan made his way over to the two mares, as he neared he could tell the blue mare was the chamber mare and the pinto was from another land. Catching the tail end of the conversation the blue mare was asking if the pinto had a foal, which was interesting to Archam.

"Hello Ladies, how are you doing?" he looked over the two before moving closer to the pinto, curious to what it was she was looking for in beqanna. He turned his gaze to the blue mare "I can smell you are from the chambers" he than turned his gaze to the pinto "Although, you do not have a scent. Are you looking for a home?" the stag asked with a grin, he lifted his head high and puffed his chest out to make him look bigger. He had hoped the blue mare wouldn't ruin his interaction with the pinto, but knowing the chambers horses she would have a witty comment.

archam

Nitika, despite her careful way of looking around, was momentarily caught off guard by the arrival of another horse. She spun around rapidly, a wild but careful look in her eye as she eyed this stranger. It was a mare, blue roan, or possibly more of an ombre color, Nitika couldn't tell. She wasn't good with coat colors she hadn't seen a lot of before.

The medicine hat mare was overwhelmed with the rapid-fire questions that this mare - Kimber, apparently - was directing at her. She could see that the mare seemed worried about something, stressed even, and so just decided to be as patient as she could and answer the questions so that Kimber didn't get more agitated than she was.

"Uh, well, I kind of just found my way here by accident while I was traveling. I sadly haven't see this filly, Vessel, around, and no, I do not have foals of my own."

Nitika was surprised she was so willing to answer those. Why was she already letting this mare know about details like that? Was there something wrong with her today?

Before Nitika could introduce herself, or take her leave, whichever one interested her more, a stallion approached the duo, his voice cutting into their conversation. He was a tall bay roan, nice overall coloring, but Nitika could tell, just by how he carried himself, that he had an ego. And a big one at that.

"We're doing fine, thank you," Nitika replied, stamping one hoof and blowing a bit of air out of her nose, expressing her irritation toward the stallion for being so forward and trying to show himself off, "Yeah, but I haven't found one yet. I've been doing just fine in this field. It's nice here, plenty of room to run and good food to eat."
    Kimber knew that within mere minutes some sleaze would be joining them it was just a question of what kind and where from. The paint mare answered her questions quickly and Kimber realizes that she might have been a little rude bombarding her with such things. She isn't great at small talk and her filter on her mouth is broken to say the least. She envies the paint for a moment when she says she doesn't have any children, Kimber didn't regret her children but she wishes she had been smarter about the whole ordeal. Just as she went on to talk to the mare, try to get to know her - she was interrupted.

She chuckles at the mare as she's quick to let him know they are perfectly fine.

"Glad you find our scent's so appealing, however, a gentleman would have at least given his name," she says with a witty tone, a smile given to the mare, "Oh, please do tell what your 'home' has to offer her - she seems like someone who'd want more than just a home," she says matter-of-factly, Kimber didn't take the mare as the desperate type who wanted to run away with the first man that gave her attention. Kimber could be wrong but she doubted it, "But please, I'm curious - pray tell what you have to offer."

It wasn't that the blue mare thought she was too good for herd life, she knew she was.
    Kimber
    you can't love a cold-blooded woman

Archam was suprised as the mare showed no interest in him, she stopped her leg and didnt ask any question of his offering. That was alright, he enjoyed a challenge. He would play the game she wanted until he could have her.

As expected the blue mare couldnt resist her input, and it was not in his favor. He relaxed his body before acknowledging the smurfs remarks "I never said it was a pleasent smell" he said with a small chuckle in his tone. "Since you are so intersted, my name is Archam, of the falls. I have my own herd residing in the kingdom, you can meet the kingdom members and do as you desire. Regardless if you join my herd" he hoped the medicine hat would be more inclined to join the herd should she see the kingdom. It would be easier to win the mare over should she reside in the Falls.   

archam

Nitika rolled her eyes at the stallion's remark regarding the blue mare's smell. Really, how rude could he be? It was a wonder why she showed no interest in him when he behaved like that. The medicine hat mare turned her ears back so they were facing her croup, her eyes hardening to show her irritation toward the stallion. She stomped a hoof again, facing him.

Deciding to go along with the mare's game and see this egotistical stallion squirm a little, Nitika gave him a hard look, blue eyes strong and the color of the mid-day sky as she spoke, "Well, Archam, is that all you have to offer me by coming there? A herd, a place to live? Just like every other stallion that's tried to approach me? Either there's more you're not telling me, or you're just trying to win me over so you can proclaim that you added another mare to your herd."

The pinto was quick to side with the blue mare, her body showed displeasure with his presence. He thought it was best to leave now before he would never have a chance to court her. She would be his, whether she liked that thought or not. He gave a snort as the mare stomped her hoof and listened as she gave a whitty response.

"I can see your displeasure with this conversation, I will take my leave and hopefully we can talk another time." he gave a snort turning his eyes to the blue mare, who played a role with no help to him. With that sentence out he turned around and began his journey back to the Falls. 

archam

FORGIVENESS IS A CONCERN FOR THE LIVING.

The silver stag was new to the Chambers, he had only been acquantences with Nymp and Killdare who probably enjoyed most of his kingdom members. With little friends he ventured into the field were he knew the location, as soon as he entered he was quick to pick out a Chambers scent, one that he knew at that. He gave a smile and was quick to make his way in that direction. As he did so a bay roan stallion was leaving from that direction, he had never seen the stag but he carried a beqanna scent. Shrugging it off he continued until he saw the blue mare, Kimber, and a pinto he has never met. The pinto had no scent of the beqanna lands and must have been new.

He approached the two with an emotionless face "Hello Kimber" he said as a quick smile appeared and disappeared just as fast, they share a quick greeting when he first joined the chambers but she seemed decent to befriend, even though Nymph showed strong dislike towards her. His view panned over to the pinto that he has never met "Hello, I'm Arthas" he showed little interest in her, as he was not interested in courting every mare he saw. He was more interested in becoming well known in the Chambers, and making a life for himself there.

ARTHAS

Nitika snorted as the bay roan stallion took his leave, glad that he was doing so. He seemed to egotistical, probably only after mares to claim as his 'property' and add to his herd. Nitika rolled her eyes at the thought. She was fine with being courted, but not if the stallion would treat her, much less call her, 'property'.

After the bay roan left, another stallion, with a nice looking silver coat, approached, greeting Kimber with a smile that vanished fast but was there long enough for Nitika to notice. At least this stallion seemed nice, or quiet, whatever, enough to smile.

When he greeted her, Nitika immediately noticed how he was not trying to come onto her through words or actions, like the bay roan stallion had. Either he was civil or was just expressing little interest. Whatever the reason, Nitika didn't care, he was civil enough just by that.

The medicine hat mare dipped her head in greeting, "Hey Arthas, I'm Nitika. I take it you come from where Kimber lives?"