• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kingdoms! :D

been tryin' hard not to get into trouble

Everdeen had returned to the Valley briefly only because Demian had returned and it was only a few short months (or so it felt) before he was gone -- not that they had anything significant. The gray tobiano was quite the daydreamer, a lustful one at that and so when her eye candy went missing she decided to take her leave.

Boy crazy is a real thing.

She decided that instead of immediately running to Ramiel's kingdom to decide to venture out and see just what might be lurking. She highly doubted any too important would be recruiting - it seemed like grunt work but she wasn't the best kingdom dweller. Nevertheless she would sit in the field, batting her big doe eyes and putting on a smile to anyone who she came across. She already knows there's a couple of places she isn't interested in going to - The Chamber, Amazons or Valley, but only because she had already been there and didn't care for it. Who says beggars can't be choosers?

e v e r d e e n

no amazons chamber or valley, please!

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

Having left the protection of the Falls in the capable hands hooves of others, I’ve taken a rare free afternoon to venture to the Field. I’ve not been here since autumn and while that venture had been fruitful (in more ways than one), I’m never quite satisfied.

The kingdom is growing at a rapid pace – far faster than in years past – and I’ve no desire to be the one to cause us to lose momentum. So to the Field it is, on a bright spring day.

The first few horses I see don’t quite strike me as right for the kingdom. Too bold or too shy (I’ve never had the patience to deal with drawing others out of their shells – that task falls to Ygritte).

I am considering taking a nap and waiting for the afternoon to bring in a surge of new horses when I see a tobiano mare. She’s smaller than I am (but who isn’t) but she is smiling and her brown eyes are appealing. Perhaps she’ll be interested in coming to the kingdom. If not, at least I’ll have spent the morning with a pretty mare.

“Hello there,” I say, nodding my head in a friendly greeting. “My name’s Kreios. What’s yours?”

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

been tryin' hard not to get into trouble

She is thankful that it doesn't take long for someone to find her, since the shortcomings in the Valley she had been waiting what seemed like an eternity to be found. She wasn't exactly sure what she wanted from life but attention was a start, she sizes him up relatively quickly. He was confident in his approach, a little more seasoned than Demian had been but she will always find a special place for him.

He smells of thick forest and water, she can smell a hint of salt on his skin but nothing like the Amazon women. She had not visited the Falls personally in her short diplomatic endeavors but it was the only place that made sense. "Hi Kreios, from the Falls - right?," a toothy grin appears and her eyes light up, "I'm Everdeen, previously living in the Valley but surely you wouldn't hold such a thing against me." Her drawl is thick and her eyes rest heavily on the large stallion, waiting for him to invite her home or to bed; whichever he so fancied.

e v e r d e e n

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Very few kingdoms ever come to the Falls on diplomatic visits, but I don’t mind. Better to grow unseen; there’s no harm in keeping our burgeoning size a secret from the rest of Beqanna. Still, it is nearly time to reach out to potentially allies, and I’ve already planned a trip to the Dale after this particular venture into the Field. I’ve hoped that it will be fruitfull, and given the way that the tobiano mare smiles, I’m beginning to suspect that it will.

She names my kingdom before I can, and I tilt my head curiously. Not a newcomer to Beqanna then, I decide, even as she tells me that she hails from the Valley.

I’m already leaning toward her, but the mention of a kingdom so freshly involved in the war makes me hesitate. We already have a former member of the Chamber seeking safety in the Falls; are we really ready for another potential danger? My internal battle is vicious but swift, but it ends with a gentle nudge to the grey mare’s shoulder and a smile that matches the look in her eyes. “Of course not,” I tell her, because I had been a stallion far longer than I have been a king, “You’re more than welcome to make your home in the Falls with me – with us.”

A small part of me thinks of Ygritte, of the expression on her face when she’d heard of Teali. But Ygritte is not here now, and Everdeen is.

“Shall I show you the way?” I ask, my brow raised curiously.