• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

His spots are the joy of the leopard (Heartfire, Ephrelle)

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She is often hot-headed and contrary, the very opposite of her small, cozy family, and it’s something of a surprise that two such level-headed horses could produce a child like she (though had she had the opportunity to actually meet her grandmother, it would have perhaps been less surprising that she has turned out this way). But her parents have had some small measure of calming influence over her. Enough to prevent her from charging into a clearly rigged fray without second thought.

For a moment, she is sorely tempted to simply leave him there. So much so that she actually turns to leave with a derisive snort (he had called her a ninny for heaven’s sake!). ”Good luck with that,” she says, her voice heavily laden with sarcasm as she turns to go. She knows everyone in the Deserts, and finding someone to help him now would be virtually impossible. Besides, she could just make sure no one ever knew he was there.

But after only a step, she freezes, the gears in her brain turning as she considers other possibilities. Ones she hadn’t stopped to consider in her childish anger. Placing the hoof she had just raised back on the sand, she shifts backwards, icy blue gaze calculating as it turns to rest upon the green colt.

”If I take you there,” she amends finally, tone slow and thoughtful as she speaks. ”I want something in return.”

Nothing too terrible, she thinks, but she doesn’t work for charity.

Heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: His spots are the joy of the leopard (Heartfire, Ephrelle) - by Heartfire - 04-23-2016, 01:49 PM