• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is coming to rise - Daey, any
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

Well, that hadn’t gone exactly like he had hoped how it would go, but at least the pale stallion hadn’t completely turned down his offer. The graying male couldn’t help but to wonder if recruiting had always been hard for the Tundra, as they only accepted males in their ranks. Lately the field had been swamped with females and to his luck other kingdom recruiters had been eager to offer Daey a place among their ranks.

”If I may ask, what do you look for in a home, Daey? Just like most kingdoms we have a war and peace caste, from which the war is a bit less represented than the peace one. But if you want to, you could chase a career in both castes, like I do.” As he speaks he turns his left ear towards the cremello male and he glances sideward from time to time too. The trip to the Tundra wouldn’t be too long, but it was still long enough to have a conversation that would have them both learning about each other.

Brynmor didn’t rush himself, rather walking comfortably with the sun burning on his thick coat. The alternative was moving in a quicker gate, but by the time they would reach the Tundra his coat would be soaked with sweat. And that would make him vulnerable to the Tundra’s cold. With Offspring away on duties elsewhere, he couldn’t afford to get sick, as he had to stand in.

Eventually the Tundra’s ice wall came into view. The wall was massive and magnificent in its own way. It covered the entire south bother, and with all other borders existing out of cliffs and sea, the only way to near the Tundra was through the one gate in the southern wall. Instinctively Brynmor knew which way to go, easily finding the passage that would lead them into his home. ”This gate is the only way to enter our lands, the wall stands among the entire border. Only those who can fly over it can enter the Tundra through another way” he tells the red eyed male, with a smile on his lips. Brynmor was indeed proud of this one feature, liking the fact that most horses couldn’t enter the Tundra randomly among their border. And if they did, they for sure knew they crossed that border.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

@[Daey]

Daey never expected to draw three equine from three different Kingdoms one of which he was deeply interested in. All were great choices, and all led to different paths. 

As the two stallions Journeyed, Daey found his mind to wander about his past that was ended by the means of conversation. His porcelain lobes swiveled in the direction of Brynmor, crimson eyes inspected the greying man as he tuned in to what the brute was saying."Well Brynmor, I look for weakness. You see, with weakness comes opportunity." Daey smiled as his ghastly vocals went on que. He didn't necessarily want to point out the flaws of each kingdom by speaking of weakness, he just wanted to be useful. To have the feeling that he was needed somewhere, that equine counted on him. Thats what he was truly looking for in a kingdom. "In a kingdom, I'd like to be useful. I'd like to feel that I'm doing something to benefit my homeland." The pale man paused gathering his words,"As you can see, I currently don't have a homeland to benefit." He chuckled at his own humor.

"I think an army of sorts would do well for me. Although, I wouldn't imagine myself on a battlefield but, yet again I haven't been able to test my strength out." He allowed a laugh to escape his lips.

Soon enough Daey's crimson eyes found of what looked like a rather thick wall of ice, it was massive and refreshing. As the crisp air entered his lungs, he exhaled happily in a relived manner to of finally made it to his first visit to a kingdom."Sounds very protective." He commented as his crimson eyes scanned the magnificent barricade of ice that securely protected the Tundra."Do all Kingdoms have walls of this magnitude Brynmor?" Daey questioned in a rather foolish manner, surely this was as close he had gotten to a kingdom himself, and he wasn't going to mindlessly admit it to Brynmor. So he kept to himself awaiting an answer and seeking knowledge of how Kingdom life was for a stallion like himself.

D・a・e・y

He's so bad
    But he does it so well

OOC: this is crap... I'm so sorry..
    Brynmor

Well, he could surely say that the answer that Daey gave was the last one he would’ve expected. The surprise shows on his features as he turns his head to the side to look at the pale male, blinking his blue eyes a few time, but unable to say anything. After a short pause – and before Brynmor can collect himself enough to speak up – the cremello continues, and things start to make a lot more sense as he does.

The surprise and shock gets replaced by a smile, a grin even and the graying male shakes his head lightly, clearly amused. ”I think that you would be able to contribute to any kingdom you would pick as your home. The Tundra, Gates or Chamber, you’ll be useful and contributing to any of them.” He replies, left ear falling to the side so he can catch Daey’s reaction easily. Pondering his thoughts Brynmor stays silent for a short while, pausing as his gaze focusses on the wall in front of them. ”Although I won’t call the Tundra weak, we need more brothers. There are too little of us, right now it is just me and Hurricane in the war caste and although the peace caste is better represented, we aren’t with many either. There will be plenty of room for you to develop yourself, in which caste you may prefer, and benefit the Tundra.”

Brynmor didn’t think of the Tundra as weak. They had been neutral during the recent war, there were no wounds to lick, nothing to rebuild. Back then their numbers had been too little, they simply couldn’t have contributed anything. But things were going better now since Offspring had taken the crown.

He chuckles lightly, nodding his head in agreement. ”I’m active in both castes, trying to contribute to the Tundra as much as I can, she deserves that. But I feel far more comfortable in the peace caste, while I had first thought to focus on the war one. Sometimes things turn out different than expected. We would happily have you in our war caste, Daey.” Every warrior had to start somewhere. He himself had experienced that and he still couldn’t really say that he was a good one, but that wouldn’t stop him from trying.

”No, they don’t. If I’m correct the Valley had a fire wall once, but currently I think the Tundra is the only one with such a barrier. I have only known her with this wall, but it isn’t the only thing we got. Every kingdom has their own magic thing, the Tundra has the caves.” He pauses to bring his muzzle towards the wolf paw scar on his chest. ”It is where we deserve our scars and officially join the brotherhood.” Yes, Brynmor was proud of his scar. Never he would’ve thought that he would be able to contribute to the Tundra in such way, but he has made it and he would give himself fully. They pass through the thick wall not long after, Brynmor leading the cremello red eyed male further into their lands. ”Welcome to the Tundra, Daey.”

Daey strode in step of Brynmor his lobes flickering at the smallest sound and returning back to the brute, he halted himself from speaking at the moment and listened to Brynmore. The Tundra already sounded extremely tempting to the point where he might just jump the gun at any moment to join the brotherhood.

When Brynmor directed the pale stag's attention to the paw print mark upon his chest, it was a peculiar little mark but seemed something that Brynmor took great pride in by representing his own kingdom. Daey couldn't help but wonder how one would receive a mark. If he chose to stay sooner or later he would find himself with more knowledge of the Tundra than he ever imagined and he himself would hopefully uphold a scar such as Brynmor's.

He had quite designs without visiting any of the other kingdoms, he was quite hooked on this one, not just hooked absorbed. Without little information he was filled with wonder and with that little welcome emitted from Brynmor's lips the stallion fell in love for what Brynmor called his homeland. Crimson eyes shift towards Brynmor returning to the land for which seemed to hail his name, with that one look one thing was certain, he would be staying her for quite a while.

"Brynmor, I believe..I think I'll stay a while.. I mean, I'd love to call the Tundra my home." His alabaster body trembled, he had little of a coat unfortunately but he would grow it out eventually."What I'm say is, I'll join your brotherhood." A roguish smile spreads across his lips as he implanted his front left hoof into the snow covered terrain, returning it back to where he stood. Viewing the imprint it left and multiple other imprints of other equine that called the Tundra their home, and now would he.

D・a・e・y

He's so bad
    But he does it so well

So Late! I'm so sorry!!
    Brynmor

OOC: I thought of Brynmor’s scar as quite big, covering at least half to almost his whole right chest/shoulder, sorry if I wasn’t too clear on this before! And sorry it took me this long to get a reply up! Please let me know if you’d want to continue this thread or that you rather start a new one .

Each scar was different. Offspring, the ice king himself, supported a tribal knife like scar underneath  his eye on his cheek. Patchouli had a strange figure in the form of a human hand on his side. And Brynmor had a wolf paw printed on his chest. Where Bryn’s was black, Offspring’s was white. How your scar will turn out depends on what it is you face in the caves. It was different for everybody, as they all saw and met their own personal demons. The gray stallion didn’t know what the others had gone through during their times in the caves, but he rather didn’t spoke about his own adventure. He wouldn’t enter them again if he didn’t really have too. Once was enough for now.

Daey would have to enter the caves at one point too, whenever it was the right time. Only when you had earned your scars – when you entered the cave you would or earn your scar or die in the process trying to get one – you were truly part of the brotherhood. It were those part of the brotherhood who carried their scars proudly, having earned them and proved their loyalty to the Tundra.

The smile upon his pink lips grows wider as he sees the expression on the cremello stallion’s face. It is after another glance across the Tundra’s lands when he looks up to meet Daey’s red eyes again. ”Welcome to the Tundra then, Daey. I’m glad you decided to join us” he replies truthfully, grinning widely before inviting the other stallion further into the snowy lands.

”Only those who have earned their scars, like the one on my chest, are really a part of the brotherhood. In order to receive your scars you’ll have to enter the caves. There you’ll face your most horrid demons. It is how we initiate new brothers.” Brynmor hopes that his words don’t scare their newest member away, but Daey had the right to know the truth. Being honest would be the best for them both.

As he let a deep sigh escape from his lips the blue eyed male lowers his head to the ground. His muzzle trails to the snow, enjoying it thoroughly, before he pushes himself forward into a calm trot. It was good to be home again and he was eager to see Roan, but that had to wait for now. ”You don’t have to enter the caves right away. I even recommend you to wait, because it isn’t a nice thing to do. I think it’s better to first get used to the Tundra and to get to know her. And only if you decide you really want to commit yourself to her, then you can enter. Of course you could enter them right away, but I’d recommend you not to.” They couldn’t forbid Daey from entering right away, Vaughan had done that, but in Brynmor’s opinion it was better to wait a while and be sure of it all before you’d actually commit yourself to such a big thing.