• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Long Desired Return (Jedi)
    As her hooves sunk into the soil of the Falls yet again, Sorea released a long sigh of relief. Having been away with Ashara to clarify her future, the stallion from the Dale had been nowhere to be found, and Sorea considered herself a free woman. Chances were, Pheadrus (as she stood corrected) had long forgotten about her, or gathered enough mares to be satisfied. Either way, Sorea had missed a different stallion while she'd been gone, and it was her hope that day to reunite.

Trotting through a small stretch of forest, Sorea felt the vibrations of a loud whinny she released from her throat, hoping if Jedi was around, he'd recognize her call. Though the mare would be unable to hear his in return, his all familiar scent would be carried by the wind to her if he was near.

The stallion was resting after accomplish a border control, he had the remainder of the day to himself and was currently sun bathing. His eyes were closed and his hind right leg was cocked, almost as though he was meditating. His eyes flicked open as he heard a whinny ring through the falls. It was familiar but took him a few moments to realize the voice. It was Sorea, he had not seen her for a while and was curious to what she was doing back at the Falls. He generally would give a whinny back, but the mare could not hear and it would be pointless to give a return.

He extended his neck out stretching his relaxed body, giving a shake to awaken himself from his slumber. He slowly picked up a trot and made his way over to the horse who gave a call. He slowed to a walk as the mare came into his view "Hello Sorea" he said with a smile "What brings you back to the Falls?" he was curious, the last he was aware she left for Pheadrus' herd. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    When Jedi's scent finally filled the air, Sorea broke into a hasty canter. It wasn't long until she came upon the painted stallion, however, and slid to a less than gracious halt in front of him. After reading his lips, Sorea took a deep breath before answering. 

"I'm here because... I'm free now," she admitted happily. "Ashara and I made an honest attempt to reach to the stallion, but he was nowhere to be found."

With a bit of shyness, the mare stepped forward slowly, pressing the side of her shoulder and neck against the painted stallion's. "I really hoped the last time we saw each other wouldn't be the last... did you?"

The paint stallion gave a humble smile as the mare came cantering over, she explained that they went to find Phaedrus but couldn't. It sounded odd because a stallion will become quickly protective of a mare he courted. He couldn't help but think the stallion will come looking for Sorea in the near future. He looked at the mare as she pressed her body against his, she was smaller than he and fit snugly next to him. His ears perked up as she asked if he had hoped the last time they saw wasn't there last. He grew fond of the mare, and was curious to what life would offer for the two horses. "I couldn't help but hope you would return" he spoke softly, gazing into the sky, he listened as the waterfall roared and the critters sang. He only hoped the mare he would court would hold the same bond that he had with the golden vixen in the Falls. Sorea and Jedi had only known each other for a short time, but he enjoyed her presence, and the company she offered. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Sorea didn't hear Jedi say that he hoped she would return--instead, she felt it. Only moments after he spoke she closed her eyes, soon feeling a new warmth and ease come from his body. Although the mare had wanted to touch him, contact always provided her with the truest of answers.

Jedi had indeed missed her, and she relished the thought. But there was another truth she'd noticed--a slight tension in his muscles after the warmth.

Sorea stepped back, wondering if something was on his mind. "What's wrong?" she asked, hoping it would be nothing.

The stallions ears were perked, he watched the movement of the mare curious to her feelings. He finally allowed himself to move closer, pressing his body against hers, he rubbed his head against her shoulder. He looked at the mare as she stepped back asking what was wrong, "Nothings wrong" he answered truthfully. Did she have a change in heart? Did he do something wrong? He cautiously stepped forward hoping that everything was fine.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Sorea let out a long breath of air, happy that nothing seemed to be wrong. Though she wondered if Jedi had momentarily doubted her freedom, she pushed the thought aside. In time, he would see. She wasn't going anywhere else--the Falls was her home, and she'd fight to stay if she had too. Flipping her mane from one side of her neck to the other, the spotted mare was eager to see what the rest of the day held for them.

"What shall we do on this sunny day, then?" she asked, not totally caring, so long as she could be with Jedi and learn more about him. It was then the mare realized she had told Jedi a little about her past before, but had yet to learn more about him. Choosing to be patient, Sorea decided she'd ask about it once he answered her question.

The stallions body relaxed as the mare had done so as well, his lips curled upward in a smile as she asked what they were to do today. He gently nudged the mare on her shoulder with his muzzle "Lets go in the water" he said with joy, he flicked his tail as he picked up a canter and made his way down towards the waterfall. The stallion felt like a young stag again, off to play in the water with the others. He had lots to learn about Sorea but he enjoyed her company, and was willing to spend all his free time with the mare.

The stallion had reached the water and was quick to jump in, it was cool and offered a relief from the summer heat that beat down on there backs. He lowered his muzzle to drink from the water as he waited for Sorea to catch up.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    In the heat of the day, Jedi's suggestion proved to be pleasing. The red-gold mare followed happily behind him as he started off at a canter, her mane and tail whipping in the wind. Distantly ahead a waterfall came into view, and an excited whinny escaped her throat.

Without hesitation the stallion had jumped into the water, but Sorea halted at the water's edge. Though she had overcome a large part of her fear of water in the years that passed since her deafening, she would never forget the powerful waves that had once destroyed her eardrums.

Giving Jedi a look of determination, the mare finally trotted into the water, ripples flowing gently away from her. "Thank you for being there for me, when Pheadrus had come," she told him, swimming near. "I wasn't sure how I'd face him alone. It means a lot." Extending her neck, Sorea touched her nose to his, her affections growing ever more strong toward the paint.  

OOC; I've decided to somehow meld this thread with the Pheadrus one. Hope you don't mind :)

Sorea
    your quote goes here

The stag gazed at the sun the was beginning to set, before turning to the mare who caught up and was now in the water. He gave a smile and dipped his head into the water, quickly retreating, splashing water at the neck and shoulder of the mare. He gave a laugh and nodded his head "When I caught the scent of the Dale, I knew he had come back for you, I wouldn't let you be alone" he said with a smile. He knew she wanted to stay in the Falls and hoped the Dale stag would understand, with lots of luck the stag did understand, and allowed her to stay in the Falls with no trouble. A stallion that he could appreciate, there are not many like him. He allowed a nicker to escape his maw as the mare nuzzled him, his ears flicked forward as he stepped closer, and nuzzled her neck. "What brought you to the falls?" he asked her; they were quick to grow close yet knew very little about each others lives before Beqanna.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: mkay, not a problem.