• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; herds only
    V A K A R I A N
    I'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    The chestnut shows immediate distaste at her diamond skin and she smirks as he bows out of the conversation. She can’t help but snort at his final comment though … as if she was ever his to give away.

Her attention quickly returns to the cat, who’s once again begun speaking. “Dale magic eh?” How very interesting and unusual. It appears a few things have changed since she last visited. “How does that work exactly?” Does the Dale just randomly give out the power of speech to animals they claim as companions? One would think there must be a more … consistent method.

She turns back to Phaedrus, grinning now. “Thanks for that by the way. He didn’t seem so bad at first, and then …” Ugh, it really had gone south quickly. She’s alright with someone being a little snooty, but Hasenel had seemed downright prejudiced. The way his eyes had changed when her skin had changed …

Ah well, she won’t have to deal with him anymore anyway.

Phaedrus asks if there’s anything else he could help with, and a thought springs up in her mind. “Well, I’m actually looking for a home at the moment. Know anywhere good?” He is no doubt here as a recruiter or herd stallion himself, and now that the charming Hasenel is gone he’s really the only option. Not to mention, he’s proven himself to rather be more of a gentleman.
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter
    PHAEDRUS
    She grins up at the glistening stony mare that's right Proud of herself her chest puffs outward slightly bowing deep into her ribs below. You drink from the lake and poof your spirit is mirrored by an animal. I used to be a big black blob, because he couldn't decide who he was. Now, besides being a little braver, more eloquent, and pleasing to the eye I'm pretty much the same as him. And it doesn't matter what that punk has to say. You're stunning. She blinks knowing full well that she should stop, Phaedrus's warning glance telling her so, but mischief tickles at her gut and she can't resist loosing her tongue once more. I think that Pheadrus has a lot to learn yet. as she drifts off to her thoughts he guhauffs almost choking.

Well I guess you get the whole life story now dont you. He shifts uncomfortably. This would be the last time that he allowed that thing to talk for him. Their relationship was just blooming, and to be honest she had never really fully took form, least not yet. She still had her kinks, and it seemed that as uncomfortable as he was in his own skin, hers bbeing within sight was less so. Lately he could feel a slight resentment building towards the feline. He wondered at just how much bonding with himself that he would have to normalize the cat. It seemed that anything he was feeling or thinking would just pop out of her mouth before it was even in his head.

He offers the woman a cheesy grin, Well could always offer the Dale, or the Golden Plains, not sure which interests you more, herd life or Kingdom. You're pick. He wasn't too picky himself, he enjoyed having the chance to roam back and forth from kingdom to herd, from herd to kingdom. To have a relaxed chat, or a rigid order that needed following.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    Vakarian looks back at the bobcat as it opens its mouth to explain. Her eyes widen in open curiosity. What an interesting situation - Phaedrus had drunk from this apparently magical lake and had this creature appear, only … unformed, apparently? “Interesting …” It sounds like Sheba is connected to Phaedrus’ personality in some way too.

She smiles when Sheba compliments her, a genuine smile. Whereas Hasenel’s ‘pretty’ comment had been a smooth, disingenuous gesture, Sheba’s feels sincere. And while Vakarian is well aware of her plain features, she’s willing to admit that her diamond skin can have a certain allure.

She chuckles at both Sheba and Phaedrus’ comments, and turns her head to smile at the blue and black stallion. He’s obviously a bit uncomfortable with her extensive explanation - even though Sheba appears to be a part of him in some way, they clearly have some kinks to work out.

She cocks her head to the side at his offer, considering. She’s tried the kingdom life before, having been born in the Valley. She hadn't been overly successful at it then and she rather doubts that that will have changed by this point, though who really knows. A herd though … would that really work for her? She supposes it would depend upon the other inhabitants of Phaedrus’ herd. “Well, how about I give your herd a chance, and if it doesn’t work out I can give the Dale a try?”
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter