• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Change of Pace [Herds only]
    Astara
    She had been there before, in the field. And it was there she found herself again, seeking a new home. Astara trotted out into the center of the grassy clearing, feeling as renewed as the trees that were now shedding old leaves. Autumn had come, and she wondered exactly where life would take her before the end of the short season.

Her heart was less bitter than it had been only a short while ago, but the loss in her past was still painful. Perhaps, having a family of her own one day would ease it. Astara bowed her head to the grass to graze, keeping a watchful eye on the horses around her. This was a waiting game, and so wait she would...

searching for peace
    html by call

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam was off in the field looking for another mare to add to his herd. He currently had five mares although he had not seen a couple in a few seasons and figured they ran off. The summer has faded and the leaves colors changed and slowly started to fall from the trees, indicating autumn was on them. It was breeding season and Arhcam wanted to find another mare before the breeding season was over. His eyes stopped as he landed in a beautiful spotted mare. His ears pricked forward and he gave a whinny of interest. 

He picked up a trot and made his way over to her, a slight breeze blew and leaves fell from the nearby trees. The sun was covered by the clouds and the scent the mare gave off filled his nares forcing a grin. He stopped as he was a couple paces from the mare "hello there, my name is Archam. Are you looking for a home?" He asked, getting to the point. This mare was beautiul and he wanted to court her for the breeding seadon. 

archam

Astara
    When a stallion had at last approached her, Astara immediately lifted her head from the grass. He introduced himself as Archam, and he appeared to be healthy and well muscled. This pleased her, and with a flick of her tail Astara showed her approval.

"I am," she replied. "My name is Astara, and if you have one to offer, I'll go with you." Some mares gave stallions a more challenging time, but Astara, this time, had no need. As it turned out, what Archam wanted from her was exactly what she wanted from him--a little wobbly legged foal before too long. Whether it would end up with her spots or more of his bay roan coat she didn't know, but was more than willing to find out.

Half rearing, her spirits were high to return to his herdland. "Show me the way," she insisted, waiting for his lead.

a mare of mysterious intentions
    html by call

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archams ears remained pricked forward as the mare gave no objection to joining his herd. Most would put up a fight, although by the scent she gave off, was in heat like most mares and was ready to foal. He couldnt have been happier meeting with this mare. She insisted he showed her the way to his herd amd he gave a dip of his head, he trotted a circle around her, brushing his body against hers before breaking off into a cantee. He thrashed his head as if to signal the direction of his herdlands, glancing back to see if the spotted mare was following.

archam

Astara
    As she expected, the stallion was pleased with her lack of resistance, and he showed her by prancing around her, his body stroking hers. Astara whinnied her excitement and half reared again, before the stallion then obeyed her request. Immediately the mare traveled after him, letting him keep the lead while she trailed a little ways behind.

Although he smelled of the Dale and she'd been returning to the kingdom she'd briefly ventured from, at least his presence and other mares would keep her busy.
    a mare of mysterious intentions
    html by call

OOC; I edited the post before this so Archam knows her name. I realize she never told him. Hah.