• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Seeking Refuge
    If Iona hadn't been so tired and aching from the beating she'd recently received, the mare would've sprung to her hooves and raced off from the arrival of this new horse. Sadly, she had no motivation to go anywhere. Right now, all she wanted to do was nap, but considering this horse was speaking to her, that proved to be impossible.

The chocolate flaxen mare weakly lifted her head, looking toward the sound of the voice. She had a base coat color not that far off from Iona's shading, but it was off-set with the roan speckling she had. Based on her stature and conformation, she couldn't have been more than a year old, a year and a half maximum if that was the case.

Iona listened quietly as the filly went on to ask who had done this and if Iona herself was okay. The mare would've responded, but she was still trying to process exactly what the filly had said. She was so tired and dizzy from the heat that, in terms of hearing, it felt like someone had stuffed a bunch of rabbit fur in her ears to block out the sound. She could still hear, but it was greatly muffled, so she had to take a moment to go over everything the filly had said.

Once she got the gist, the chocolate flaxen mare sighed, laying her head back down as she spoke up, her voice raspy and cracked from her parched throat, "My... name's... Iona. Some... stallions chased me... out here... said... I deserved it... because... I wouldn't accept any offers... to join their bands... they've... they're already... gone..."

For her last statement, she glanced at the filly, "Heal...? What... do you... mean?"

Messages In This Thread
    Seeking Refuge - by Iona - 04-19-2016, 03:23 PM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Volcan - 04-21-2016, 12:24 AM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Iona - 04-21-2016, 12:47 AM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Volcan - 04-21-2016, 06:45 PM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Iona - 04-22-2016, 12:43 AM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Yael - 04-25-2016, 10:51 AM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Iona - 04-25-2016, 05:09 PM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Volcan - 04-25-2016, 10:50 PM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Iona - 04-27-2016, 11:29 AM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by Yael - 05-13-2016, 03:44 PM
    RE: Seeking Refuge - by ElliD123 - 05-20-2016, 01:04 PM