• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you only need the light when it's burning low - Trua
    The last time that Texas had spoken with her, Trua had not been sure what she wanted of her life in the Falls. She had decided to stay though, and that is what Texas was mostly interested in, so he has given her time to think. Today, a few days after their conversation with Shatter Me had ended, he goes looking for her.

(i thought maybe i could start a new thread since some time has passed xD)

Though he sometimes has had to find new paths around trees that had rudely grown where he had walked a century ago, Texas knows the kingdom fairly well. It doesn’t take long for him to find the black mare, and he ambles toward her once he has.

“Hey there,” he greets her with a bob of his head, “You settling in?”

The Dazzling Waterfall is not a hard place to call home, but if she hates it, it’s probably best that they know as quickly as possible.

“Have you thought any more about joining a caste? Any questions you might have come up with?” Texas suspects that she might have been overwhelmed at their earlier meeting, and hopes that perhaps she has had time to consider a future here. “I’m in both castes, so I can probably give you a pretty good overview of you want.”

The air around them is warm, but there is a bit of a chill in the wind that sweeps through for time to time, as it does now. A flurry of red and gold leaves fall around them and Texas glances up and huffs irritably as one falls directly across his eyes. “Fall,” he mutters as he shakes it free, but when he looks up again to meet Trua’s blue gaze he is smiling.
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls
    ((That's fine. Thanks (: ))

Some time had passed, and as such Trua had become a bit more accustomed to life at the Falls. Now, she knew her way around the basic territory, and she had spoken only to several horses. Just a brief hello; she hadn't engaged in a full-fledged conversation since the day she met Shatter Me. Though she felt more at home now, she also felt a little on the outskirts, and she was still uncertain of the relationships between the Falls and the kingdoms that surrounded it.

"Hey there," she replied to Texas, dipping her head with a friendly smile at the sight of the bay stallion. "I'm doing well, thanks."

The red-and-orange leaves fell around them, drifting by on the current of the river and catching in her mane. She watched in amusement as Texas shook a leaf out of his face. "Um, yes." She wasn't at all confident in her ability to join a caste, though she wanted to; she wanted to help out the kingdom however she could, and as often as she could. It was only fair, after all. They had been so welcoming to her. "Could you maybe... Tell me what tasks you are expected to accomplish on a day-to-day basis?" she inquired, eager to know just what she was getting into.
    With Tyrna’s return the Falls is starting to grow. It is infinitesimal, of course, but it is still growth. Now that Degradation has fully abandoned them for the Desert, everyone is even more important, and that is most of the reason that Texas has decided to take the time to check in or Trua. It should have been Shatter Me doing this, but Texas doesn’t mind the extra burden. It’s not like he does much any of the rest of the time.

“Good, good.” He replies, appearing genuinely pleased that she is settling in well. It is not a hard kingdom to love.

The black mare asks what the tasks are, and Texas nods understandably. It’s a good question, especially for someone that’s not accustomed to kingdom life. “Well, for the Peace caste, it’s mostly just trying to recruit new members. Every once in a while there will be diplomatic missions to go on. I think Shatter Me might be going on some soon. Maybe you could tag along?” The latter is more of a question of if she wants to as opposed to if Shatter Me will want her along. Their queen is good and gentle-natured, and Texas can’t see her refusing.

“And for the Army, just daily training. Running, jumping, staying agile. And then of course battles, to hone your skills.” Texas glances over Trua’s sleek black coat. He’s not an expert at judging other’s battle skills from the outside. “Have you fought before?”

(apologies for the slowness, I’m nearing the end of the semester D: )
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls