• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I want it all day long, I'm addicted like it's wrong; ANY (at your own risk)

Long ago, she’d witnessed star shine. She had tasted that bitter taste on her tongue, heavy like cream but not nearly as sweet. She had felt the sun lick greedily at her delicate ankles. Time and space were dark on the whole, but the stars and the sun? No, certainly not. They were light created by light, blooming through the darkness like blood spilt through white linen.

Topsail was learning that she preferred the dark.

She didn’t often leave the confines of her kingdom. Not because she was frightened in the traditional sense. But she was frightened of the beast that lurked beneath her mousy brown coat. Every now and again she could feel it rise like a snake, sniffing eagerly at the air. Mostly she denied it an outlet, preferring to use the power only when needed. Her battle with Eight was not forgotten, and though some of the wounds had healed during her shift back to equine form, a great majority remained, destined to become scars. If anything, the scars would make her a more fitting evil queen. Topsail was nothing if not an optimist.

Today she ventured from the Valley, though still clinging to the shadows around the meadow. It was quiet here, and would have been peaceful if not for the ruckus that erupted from the depths of the forest. A horrible scuffle was happening and her equine brain begged her to flee before the attacker changed its target. But another part of her, a more sinister part, begged to investigate. She wrestled with indecision only for a moment. Closing her eyes she gave herself up to it, and soon the soft hair was replaced with a leathery skin. The blunt equine teeth lengthened and sharpened, and the pupils turned to vertical slits. It was over quickly, and where once a grulla mare had stood, now stood a powerful creature unlike anything Beqanna was accustomed to. Breath whooshed from her nostrils in huffs as the curved claw tapped anxiously at the ground. She did not bark nor chirp, but a single reptilian growl leaked from between her dangerous teeth. It would be her only warning.

With ease and frightening agility she set off, the scene easy to find due to the amount of blood that had been spilled. It was intoxicating, so much so that she began to salivate. But she was no scavenger, and would only eat carrion if there was no other choice. As a top predator, there was always another choice. Finally she emerged from the brush and her sharp eyes fell on the unfortunate bear. It had clearly been a very one sided fight, with the bear falling short. Another growl seeped from her mouth almost on its own as her head whipped around. A new scent had rose over the blood, one more masculine and slightly more dangerous. A stallion stood cloaked in the shadows, and Topsail knew immediately that he had been the perpetrator. Despite the fact that he had changed clothes, so the speak, he still reeked of carnage. Tilting her reptilian head she looked over him, noting the magic that permeated through the smell of blood. It was easy for her to feel as she tried searching for a name. She did not pry, knowing full well that a magician would have up certain defenses against powers like hers. Instead she gave him a chirp with her reptilian mouth, though at the same time sending him a single thought. “The poor bear didn’t have a chance. You, however, seem no worse for the wear.” Perhaps she should have offered a name, but for now, she refrained. Perhaps she also should have shifted back, but like the name, she wouldn’t give up all of her cards in a single hand. After seeing the bear, she much enjoyed having a set of sharp teeth and sharp claws at her disposal.

topsail

I was in the darkness, so the darkness I became

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I want it all day long, I'm addicted like it's wrong; ANY (at your own risk) - by Topsail - 04-25-2016, 12:18 AM