• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Calm Before the Storm- [Daeryssa, Any]

Just stay away from the white light. I'd say your worst side's your best side.
    Oh, isn't that interesting? She's eying Pazuzu's marks on my skin again, curiosity in those doe eyes of hers. The laughter falling from her lips is sympathetic, all too knowing. “Oh, honey. No, neither. I couldn't settle down long enough to stay in a herd if I tried, not even if the one running the show was the guy who gave me all these lovely fading scars. Mmm...though it would be fun to try. Especially if I got to mess around with all the other girls in the herd too...”

My lips curve into a sultry grin as I imagine just what kind of fun that could be, until I remember the downside. Aside from the fact that I'd be tying myself to one man, that is. “Ugh, but too many kids. They'd be everywhere. Nope. Herd life isn't for me, pet.” Even if it meant frequent repetitions of our highly memorable time together, and bringing other people in on the fun. We'd still be tripping over spawn with every step, and there is nothing appealing about that mental image.

“I'm not fit for kingdoms either, as it happens. Wandering feet, you know,” I say, lifting one in illustration. “I go where they take me, and I've never really been interested in settling.” Not even the jungle, where I'd lived with my family for my first few years, had ever felt like mine. Nor had I felt like its. “I think I'm missing whatever bit of anatomy or personality gives other people that whole kingdom loyalty thing. I'd rather wander through, see the sights so to speak, and be on my merry way. And yourself?”
    Just when you think that you're alright, I'm crawling out from the inside.
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Calm Before the Storm- [Daeryssa, Any] - by Daeryssa - 05-01-2016, 06:34 PM