• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Calm Before the Storm- [Daeryssa, Any]

Just stay away from the white light. I'd say your worst side's your best side.
    There isn't even a flicker of interest in those doe eyes when I fantasize aloud about messing around with fellow herdmates. Straight as an arrow, or remarkably oblivious, or just not attracted to m—well. I'm not quite settled on the last one just yet, given how many times Zara's indulged her curiosity and looked me over. She looks a little embarrassed when I mention the scars Pazuzu left on my soft blue hide. “Oh, honey, it's okay. I know I'd be wondering too. They're courtesy of...mmm, a special friend of mine.” I wink, amused at the utterly inaccurate euphemism for whatever it is Pazuzu and I are. Aside from chemistry that's out of this world, I really have no idea. So what the hell, right? It'll do for now.

Zara goes into her...current living situation, a tale of two stags—stags? Oh. Yeah, no, I like the rather hilarious term 'special friend' a lot more than stag. But hey, if that's what she wants to go with, well enough and good for her. I nod and smile and listen to Zara's story, noting the way she rolls those doe eyes of hers when she mentions her daughter's father. I nod sympathetically, though I've never had a man do me wrong, or had any expectations that one would stick around to begin with. Maybe that was where we differed. When I tangle with a man, I'm not in it for romance and empty promises; I'm in it for the lightning dancing in my veins, and the taste of him on my lips, and the exquisite agony of tearing skin, and the—well. Definitely not pretty words or forever.

“Is herd life something that works for you? It sounds fucking boring. No offense, if you love it that's fine. But I mean. Seriously, what do you do with yourself? I would go stir crazy living in one place, seeing all the same people. Even if the sex was great, even if the other ladies were into it too, I think I'd get bored pretty fast. One guy, indefinitely? And that one guy shared between, what, half a dozen girls? More? Constant territory, never a whole new world just around the bend with new strangers to flirt with—or so much more than flirt with? I don't think I could do it.”

Okay. I can't get a read on this girl to save my life. Just when I think she's a harmless innocent, she goes and drops a little comment like that last one? How could that not have been a come on? And there's blatant interest in her eyes, maybe not a desperate, fuck-me-now kind of hunger but at least a healthy dose of fascination. Well hell, there's one way to find out. A wicked little grin spreads across my face, and I step closer, eying her in return. “Why thank you, pet,” I croon, sidling up to her and shamelessly invading her personal space. I trace my lips up the line of her back, purring “You're pretty fine yourself.” There. I don't care how oblivious she is, there's no mistaking that line as anything but flirtation. One way or another, I'll figure out her deal.
    Just when you think that you're alright, I'm crawling out from the inside.
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Calm Before the Storm- [Daeryssa, Any] - by Daeryssa - 05-03-2016, 12:34 AM